Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 9:05:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:14:32 AM EDT
[#1]
The Pope Show is the best I've gone too. Of course, Knob Creek is in a class by its self but I understand there is a long list to get a vendors spot.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:21:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you going to do the Hopkinsville, KY show on February 17-19?

Its close to you - and it would be nice to see this area show start to pick up some traffic.

Hokinsville RK Show
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:32:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Our shop in Clarksville is going to start doing gunshows in TN/KY.
Which are the biggest and best?
Thanks,
Dave Hensley

What's the name and location of your shop in Clarksville?

HKO
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:49:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't waste your time and money in Knoxville, all the shows suck.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:33:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Bob pope is the best I have been to. This includes all knoxville, jackson, memphis shows. I have not been to the goodman show in nashville but from what I have heard it is not near as good as Bob pope's.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:49:06 AM EDT
[#6]
+1 for Bob Pope. Just seems to be a better element of people although I will say the Goodman's shows have come up a notch from 10 years ago. That would put them at about 1 on the scale. I used to NEVER go to a Goodman's show after going and just feeling dirty after I left.
Pope's shows have always been good,IMO.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:55:48 AM EDT
[#7]
If you are wanting to try knoxville ,  the mike holloway show is the best I have been to there.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:58:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:45:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Don't waste your time and money in Knoxville, all the shows suck.

But if you discourage new vendors from showing up it will always suck.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:31:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The Pope Show is the best I've gone too.

+1

I've never been to the Knoxville/Chattanooga/Memphis shows, but the Nashville Goodman shows aren't anything to write home about.

Pope shows offer free parking, clean bathrooms & only $5 admission. Works for me.

My .o2
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:37:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Don't waste your time with RK Shows. They suck.

Unless you are a vendor of beanie babies, beef jerky, or cheap knives,
then you would fit right in.

I have given my last $7 bucks to RK shows.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:38:10 AM EDT
[#12]
When I visited my dad during the summer there was a pretty good show in the old Almart building at the corner of Clinton Hwy and Merchants Dr. in K'ville. It was a mix of dealers and private sales. While I didnt count tables Im sure it was well over 100. Also the mix of old and new was good too. There were also not many beany ababy/beef jerky tables either.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:22:00 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Don't waste your time with RK Shows. They suck.

Unless you are a vendor of beanie babies, beef jerky, or cheap knives,
then you would fit right in.

I have given my last $7 bucks to RK shows.

I'm with you.

Actually, it is $9 to get in at those RK shows, what a rip.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:59:12 AM EDT
[#14]
The Goodman shows in Nashville are a big dissapointment.  $7 waste of my time.   Never again!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:15:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The Goodman shows in Nashville are a big dissapointment.  $7 waste of my time.   Never again!

Glad I never wasted the time and money to go to one in Nashville. We here in West Tennessee have
always heard how much better they are than the Memphis shows.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:06:11 AM EDT
[#16]
All the shows in Memphis stink. I attended a couple gunshows in Smyrna that were very good. That is just outside Nashville. Jackson is a jerky show. The only good shows in general I know of is Tulsa twice a year, SOS in Louisville last week of Feb., National Gun Day Louisville, dislike the promotor, but good show, and Knob Creek Ky.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:19:31 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

and Knob Creek Ky.

Not a "real" gun show, IMO, as it's coupled with the machine gun shoot.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:29:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Is not machine gun a gun?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:03:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Is not machine gun a gun?

Run down to your local gun store & buy one for $500 & then get back to me.    
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:53:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and Knob Creek Ky.

Not a "real" gun show, IMO, as it's coupled with the machine gun shoot.

Since there are only thousands of  vintage military surplus and modern guns (non-Title II) , tents with pallets stacked high with ammo, plus dozens of vendors selling parts and accessories you're probably right. It isn't a gun show. I have, however, managed to buy several guns there.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Since there are only thousands of  vintage military surplus and modern guns (non-Title II) , tents with pallets stacked high with ammo, plus dozens of vendors selling parts and accessories you're probably right. It isn't a gun show. I have, however, managed to buy several guns there.

How much of a crowd would there be w/o the machine gun shoot attraction? Nor have I ever seen a J-Frame for sale there. There may have been some, but I've never seen one. Ditto for a bolt action Weatherby, Browning, etc. etc. IOW, none of the "normal" gun show items that cover the gamut of what buyers are in the market for.

While no one loves Knob Creek more than I, it has a helluva head start over "normal" gun shows. Disagree or not, that's the truth.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:20:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Knob creek is awesome!  
The gun shows here pretty much suck.
Its a crap shoot on the Pope shows but all in all they come out better than the Not-So-Goodman shows. It seems that the quality of the shows have just gone down hill over the last five years. Some of the vendors are still great. But some of them will try to rip you a new one.
Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:49:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Since Quantico Arms doesn't cater to the Winchester/Ithica crowd I'd say Knob Creek is trhe perfect venue for them. I seriously doubt anyone buying their gear is looking for a drop leg holster for a J-frame S&W.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#24]
I wouldn't know a good gun show, I have only been to the ones in Knoxville (BTW Mike Holloway's is the lamest of the others around here IMO).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top