Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2006 12:35:29 PM EDT
Dial up is slower than spring coming up here! Bad service also. Can anyone recommend a Dial up provider? Juno was not to bad but connect time was slow on peak times. Net Zero charges per minute for problem  solving thats even there orgin. Plus they be real forgiegners. HELP!

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:07:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I have juno.  I have noticed that there will be some slow 'periods', but I just re-dial up and see what happens.

Hopefully will be converting to dsl soon.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:15:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I have Bell South DSL Lite & love it. I had Bell South dial-up & hated it!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:27:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Can't speak on specific providers in your area but I got tired of the BS from BS and
switched over to AT&T for long distance and LOCAL together.  I would love to have DSL but live too far out in the sticks. Get the DSL or Cable if you can.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:24:50 PM EDT
[#5]
SBC in Dallas was great! Hoped the Bell thing here would be as good. No such luck. DSL from bs is not available nor is cable here. Will look into Att. My current bill runs close to 80 frns. Thats with unlimted long distance and dial up.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:42:42 AM EDT
[#6]
My att bill for local and long distance basic service is $40 a month but thats not unlimited long distance, just expanded local area long distance (we live right in a border area and call one county over mostly so its worth it to have expanded area).  Don't have dial up from them. I found a local company for $10 so use that.  

BTW, if you call ATT and get an operator in India, keep calling back until you get an American one, its worth the extra time you won't have to explain to the Indian guy the difference between local and long distance.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
what's a 'forgiegner'?

and yeah they suck , phone service dept. anyway. I have cable internet and its three times as fast as the DSL we have at work!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top