Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 5:33:28 PM EDT
It would seem that a poll worker who signed off on the dead voting at the esteemed Ophelia Ford's election wasn't in fact there! She was hundreds of miles away at some sort of church mission. No doubt recruiting more Memphis voters? (Hank, you'll notice I didn't write Memphrica as per your instructions!   )

Yet, her initials were on the poll registry verifying the voters as being approved to vote at the polling site!

Yessir, we in TN sure are PROUD of the fine folk in Memphis!!!!!!    
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes they are some fine folk in Mempho
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:45:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder how many votes this absent poll worker signed off on?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:35:49 AM EDT
[#3]
IBTML..In Before The Memphis Lock.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:39:43 AM EDT
[#4]
They nullified the election ,and the first thing out of her mouth was "this is about racism ,this is about  Jim Crowism". How very typical. When in doubt -whip out they race card and watch the crackas scurry.

Never you mind she won by 13 votes -Dead people votes -convicted felon votes -and non-district resident votes . Its all a white led conspiracy to keep the brutha man and the sista-girl down.

This on top of the fact she is replacing a fellow Ford family member who resigned due to bribery inditements,among other charges. Forget the fact she has no experience .Her only claim to fame is her last name. Nice ethical family you have there Ophelia.

Also , what is the big deal with saying Memphrica? Its not like someone said Memphis is a "chocolate town",or a "hymey-town".
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:43:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It would seem that a poll worker who signed off on the dead voting at the esteemed Ophelia Ford's election wasn't in fact there! She was hundreds of miles away at some sort of church mission. No doubt recruiting more Memphis voters? (Hank, you'll notice I didn't write Memphrica as per your instructions!   )

Yet, her initials were on the poll registry verifying the voters as being approved to vote at the polling site!

Yessir, we in TN sure are PROUD of the fine folk in Memphis!!!!!!    

You are such a racist to question the election of a Ford! /sarcasm

Can't believe she is already playing the race card and threating to go to Federal Court!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:44:49 AM EDT
[#6]
What I really have a problem understanding is how Jr would let anyone from his famliy run for an office when he is running for the senate.  I have a feeling that between his aunt, uncle and father that he is going to have a hard time convincing the rest of the state that he is an upstanding citizen.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:07:23 PM EDT
[#7]
From what I hear, the rest of Tennessee HATES Memphis.

Tennessee is not Memphis.

FORD is a dirty word in most  of the state.  Whoever is advising Jr. on his Senate run has his head up his ass.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:01:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

FORD is a dirty word in most  of the state.  Whoever is advising Jr. on his Senate run has his head up his ass.

Yo homie ! Dont hate da playa -hate da game !

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:56:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like the LBJ scholl of campains! Could not tell you who the Govenor is or the mayor of Nashville but I have learned who the Fords are! NUKE MEMPHISS.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:35:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1 on all that, IMO.

Word is, the esteemed Ophelia Ford doesn't even live in the district she's elected to, as required by TN law! IOW, she has the trifecta to avoid scrunity: Ford name, she's black & she's female.

Wonder how bad Jr. will lose the general election?????    

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:51:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Just heard on the ride in this morning that a Federal judge (with suspiciouslly close ties to the Ford family) voided the nullification ruling and is (temporarily) letting the election results stand.

Nice.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:19:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Seems this same judge was in fact nominated by Harold Ford, Sr. & appointed by Klinton. Bigassed surprise there.  

Why & how a Federal judge is involved in a state matter seems to be the $64 question, IMO??????
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:25:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

+100. I hate Memphis! its the armpit of the state. Nasty city!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:38:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Amazing me to no end, the Federal judge has ruled the TN Senate indeed has the authority to do what the TN Constitution says they do!!!

Who'da thunk it??????????????????    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top