Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 4:52:20 PM EDT
Hi all soon-to-be fellow Tennesseans.  I'm a current Floridian now, but my wife will be moving to TN within the next 9 months.  Probably just after our child is born this summer.  Can't stand the crowds down here anymore and we fell in love with it up there.  Just wanted to say hi and glad to be your neighbors soon.  Outside Knoxville is where we'll be moving to, by the way, near the smokies
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Really! What part?

I got land in TN near the smokies.  Jones Cove.

I agree FL is turning into CA.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:38:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Maryville
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:06:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Maryville

That's how you spell it, Murravul is how you *say* it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:28:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Maryville

That's how you spell it, Murravul is how you *say* it.

Ha ha ha, that's very true. When I was up there three months ago, that's exactly what I heard, lol.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:29:23 AM EDT
[#5]
LOL we always left the 'a' out.  BTW I rather like the area around Maryville. Its grown ALOT since I was a kid though....and since I was home last. I hope you like it there.

Being out of state for so long visits are a blast. I recall going to my favorite burger place a few summers ago (Krystal...yum!) and making a big order. When I was all done the nice lady started asking about options for the very first item in the order. I wound up having to repeat that order 4 or 5 times.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Hello A2,
You will love it up here. Great scenery, great roads, great shooting ranges.
What more could you ask for?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:01:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Maryville

Good, another one just down the road.

You will ofset greywolf who moved to FL a few months back. Gotta keep it even.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:16:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey thanks for the replies guys, you all sound like real nice people up there.  Any good shooting ranges around the area.  I stopped off at Smoky Mountain Gun Club when I was up there.  It looked ok, it was a range that was geared for skeet shooters mostly, I think they had only one pistol and rifle range.  We have to get together and go shooting when I get up there. Like to meet all of you!  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:16:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Maryville

Good choice and welcome The Oak Ridge Sportsman's Association is a nice range Can Shoot .50 cal there too.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:02:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Glad to have you up here. I was over in the Maryville area a couple of weeks ago on a road trip. Looks really nice!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#11]
You will like it.  Good area.  That being said.  I am glad I moved to South GA from Knoxville.

There is a range up in Norris that I frequented.  I-75 North, take the state park exit (21 I think).  $25/year.  Also there is another place out near Walland.  Dont think its an actual range, but the locals call it the quarry.  Think its just 50yds.  There are several in that area that will chime in.  Oak Ridge is a good range.  Grew up shooting there.  You wont have near the Billy Bobs there because it is private.  About the only place around with a 1000 yard line.

Used to do some business with Cris at Crazy Horse Firearms in Walland.  Good guy.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:36:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hey thanks for the replies guys, you all sound like real nice people up there.  Any good shooting ranges around the area.  I stopped off at Smoky Mountain Gun Club when I was up there.  It looked ok, it was a range that was geared for skeet shooters mostly, I think they had only one pistol and rifle range.  We have to get together and go shooting when I get up there. Like to meet all of you!  

There are some ranges in the Cherokee National forest. The one Ive been to is unsupervised and only $3 to park all day. Its an hour and a half from Maryville(where I live). The new one I havent been to yet but it is supposed to be bigger and easyer to use. It is about an hour away
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:21:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I was in Architecture class in UT with Chris. Good guy, I can tell you.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:08:42 PM EDT
[#14]
looking forward to meeting up and shooting...
edit:
TARGETS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top