Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2005 5:52:29 PM EDT
I was informed that I may (distinct possibility)  be relocated to the Nashville area and my question is what is a good area to locate to?  Can commute up to an hour or more to Nashville, would like some long distance rifle ranges - like High Power matches or long distance, a good club to join.  
Any ideas, I've only been to the airport and downtown a couple of times.  I don't have any children at home they are out & in college.  What am I looking at?
Thanks!
Steve
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 6:05:38 PM EDT
[#1]
On I 24 East in Tullahoma, about 40 miles from Nashville is the Highland Rim High Power club.
Living in the Murfreesboro/Smyrna area will get you to Nashville pretty quickly on 24 West.

Tenn. Wildlife Resources Agency has a public range between LaVergne and Nashville off of Murfreesboro Rd.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 4:43:25 AM EDT
[#2]
There are highpower matches held in Tullahoma (AEDC), Cookeville, Chattanooga, Oak Ridge, Columbia and Memphis. As far as local to Nashville, the range selection is limited. Tullahoma is only open during matches and specified range days, military training takes precedence. Your best bet is Columbia. Do a google search for the Maury County gun club. They do have a web site.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 4:48:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe Tullahoma is the closet place to Nashville that has a long range and conducts High Power type matches.  It is a good hour to 1.25 hours south of Nashville.  TWRA has a nice two hundred yard range located near Long Hunter state park,     here is the link.  They don't hold High Power events their though.  Tullahoma sounds like it would be your best starting point.  Maybe BobCole will sign on and add some input.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 4:56:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I believe Tullahoma is the closet place to Nashville that has a long range and conducts High Power type matches.  It is a good hour to 1.25 hours south of Nashville.    Tullahoma sounds like it would be your best starting point.  Maybe BobCole will sign on and add some input.

The Tullahoma range is actually owned by the govt. It only grants public access on match days that are agreed to on a yearly basis to both the TN Shooting Sports Association and the Warren County Rifle Club. There are dedicated practice days throughout the year, but they are not that often. You cannot buy a membership there, since the govt. owns it. It is on the land of Arnold Engineering Development Center (AEDC).

There is a private membership owned range in Columbia. It has a 200 yard reduced course and it is called the Maury County Gun Club. Memberships are available and they have access throughout the year as long as there is a range official there. They also do shotgun, pistol, etc. It is just outside of Columbia on some of the old Monsanto property.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:39:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I live North of Nashville. Goodlettsville/Ridgetop/Springfield area 30 minutes to an hour drive to nashville. It depends on how close to an interstate you live. I just shoot in my back yard......Best range in the world. There is a short indoor range in Ridgetop. Otherwise its a drive to an outdoor range. Theres a good link in this forum for range information.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=38&t=421
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 1:27:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Living in the Murfreesboro/Smyrna area will get you to Nashville pretty quickly on 24 West.

Not during rush hours, it won't!    
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Viola offers up to 300 yards at their range, it's public & open 365 days a year. No matches, though.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:15:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys!
Exactly what I was looking for.
Any 1000 yard clubs in the vicinity?
Regards,
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:30:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Any 1000 yard clubs in the vicinity?
Regards,

There are only two 1000 yard ranges in the state.

One is at Tullahoma (AEDC) and the other is at Oak Ridge.

It is rumored that Memphis is maybe going to build a 1000 yard line, but I do not know that for sure. Currently, they only go to 600 yards.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:03:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I think that the Gallatin gun club has a 600yd. range, but I don't think that they are accepting any new members.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:51:47 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not during rush hours, it won't!    

Yeah ,really. Or when it rains or there is an accident on either side. Fuckin' dumbass people!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:25:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think that the Gallatin gun club has a 600yd. range, but I don't think that they are accepting any new members.

The Gallatin gun club only goes up to 300 yards.

As per their web site:

www.gallatingun.com/info.asp#miscinfo

They also do not have highpower matches.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top