Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2003 3:46:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#1]

* It is an offense for a person to possess a firearm within the confines of a building open to the public where liquor, wine or other alcoholic beverage, as defined in 57-3-101(a)(1)(A),. or beer as defined in 57-6-102(1) , are served for on premises consumption.
   * Any room in which judicial proceedings are in progress.
   * Any public or private school building or bus, on any public or private school campus, grounds, recreation area, athletic field or any other property owned, used or operated by any board of education, school, college or university board of trustees, regents or directors for the administration of any public or private educational institution.
   * It is not an offense for a nonstudent adult to possess a firearm, if such firearm is contained within a private vehicle operated by the adult and is not handled by such adult, or by any other person acting with the expresses or implied consent of such adult, while such vehicle is on school property.
   * On the grounds of any public park, playground, civic center or other building facility, area or property owned, used or operated by any municipal, county or state government, or instrumentality thereof, for recreational purposes.
   * An individual, corporation, business entity or government entity or agent thereof is authorized to prohibit possession of weapons by any person otherwise authorized by this subsection, at meetings conducted by, or on premises owned, operated, managed or under control of such individual, corporation, business entity or government entity. Notice of such prohibition shall be posted in prominent locations, including all entrances primarily used by persons entering the building, portion of the building or buildings where weapon possession is prohibited.

If alcohol served on premises.
Courtrooms.
School/school property if you leave your vehicle.
Parks (or other (fed/state/local) government owned property.)
Places where notice of prohibited possession of weapons exist.

Jonathan
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:39:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 3:04:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 5:04:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 10:38:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Be careful about the open carry in TN.  I know in Nashville, it is illegal without a permit.  They call it carrying a fire arm with the intention of going armed.  Go figure.  I already had a go round with a cop about that one.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:07:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I thought you had to have a permit for open or concealed carry.

Correct, for the entire state.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:29:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Be careful about the open carry in TN.  I know in Nashville, it is illegal without a permit.  They call it carrying a fire arm with the intention of going armed.  Go figure.  I already had a go round with a cop about that one.  

Tennessee is a no permit, no gun, (ie no open carry) state.  Openly Carrying a handgun without a permit in TN is 'intent to go armed'.

But the way the TN handgun permit is written it does not specify 'concealed', so if you have a permit you can carry openly if you want.

Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top