Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2003 9:33:18 AM EDT
I just got back from the new range just SE of Nashville. It opened this morning. I was there when the first shot was fired. I didn't do any shooting today just hung out and talked and checked it out. It is REALLY nice. It looks like it will handle about 45 people at the 3 different target distances. It costs $4 for 2 hours or you can get a yearly membership. I am going shooting there tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 1:22:22 AM EDT
[#1]
You have an address or phone #?
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 9:16:29 AM EDT
[#2]
It's on Hobson Pike. If you're going out Hobson Pike towards Mt. Juliet it's on the right before you get to the bridge across the lake. I'm headed out there now. I'll see if I can get a phone #.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 4:12:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Just got back from the new range. It is really nice. We shot a couple hundred rounds thru the 45, a couple of hundred thru the 38, and about a hundred thru the mini-14. The range officers are nice guys. They let you shoot for 15 minutes then the range goes cold for 10 minutes. This lets you change your target and pick up your brass. They give you 2 targets when you pay your fee. The range will handle about 100 people and it wasn't a third full. They want you to keep up with how many rounds you shoot in each caliber so they know how much lead is in the berms. The only problem I saw was they were slow as crap checking people in. We waited probably 30 minutes and there was only 5 people in front of us. This will probably get better after they get the procedure down. If you go be sure to have some kind of ID. They require it. This place is really nice. Middle Tennessee is very lucky to have something like this.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 4:21:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 4:34:22 PM EDT
[#5]
What are the rules down there? Are they C3 friendly? How about 50 cals? Maximum range? Just curious if they are catering to the Remington crowd or if everyone is invited to play.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 4:36:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 4:38:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 4:53:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:02:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What are the rules down there? Are they C3 friendly? How about 50 cals? Maximum range? Just curious if they are catering to the Remington crowd or if everyone is invited to play.

When we left there was a guy shooting a fully automatic on the rifle range. Max range is 200 yards. The RO I talked to said you can shoot anything but bazookas, so I guess a 50 cal will be OK. Not sure on the time and days open. I will try to find out and post them.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 6:38:59 AM EDT
[#10]
I spotted the range and was interested in checking it out.  I guess I will have to spend some time and ammo there....
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#11]
The new range is open only on Fri/Sat/Sun. Fri/Sat is 10am to dark, Sun is 1pm to dark.

Full auto is allowed, shotguns are not as they blast bigassed holes in the target backing.

Cost is $4.50 per adult for two hours. Time is kept kinda loosely, no one is gonna hammer you for an extra 15 minutes.

HUGE crown yesterday & today. Lots of muzzleloaders since their season is coming up quick.

I worked as a RSO today for the first time at this range. Pretty fun, no real problems.

Saw some terrible shooters though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top