Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 8/19/2017 8:02:35 PM EDT
Looking for a recomedation to a place that does hot bluing on firearms in the Salt Lake area?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone, someone has to be hot bluing out of their garage?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Barlow's Custom Guns will do it, but they won't give you a definitive price until it's ready.

There's a heavy set gentleman with glasses who will take your firearm. This man will not give you much confidence in their work because he sounds like he has no idea what he's talking about; this matters little because he's not the one who does the work. He's also going to try and sell you a cerakote service in lieu of the bluing, but if you insist on a blue, you'll get a blue.

Clearly I'm not trying to sell you on this place because frankly, I can't stand that place or it's employees, but they're the only outfit I know of in SLC that will do bluing and they actually do a pretty good job of it too despite the shortcomings of the staff.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top