Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2017 12:12:07 AM EDT
Today I went up to the designated shooting areas on the old highway above Echo.

There were signs posted saying no target shooting by order of state forester. When I looked at the restriction order on the state forestry page for Summit county they have banned tracer rounds and exploding targets. There is no mention of a complete ban on shooting on public lands in the county.

I have not seen anything in the media about a ban on target shooting on public lands.

Gary
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 12:00:05 AM EDT
[#1]
We had a similar, if not the same, order here in Carbon and Emery counties recently (last month if I remember correctly), not sure if they're still in effect or not. The premise was they were worried about fires starting up. They didn't post any signs though, it was just in the paper.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 11:17:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Well that's crap, I was hoping to go up to Echo during this week.

Does anyone know who we might call to see if its even legit?

Edit:
I can't find anything except the order on tracers, incendiaries and exploding targets.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 12:06:33 AM EDT
[#3]
FIRE WARDEN Bryce Boyer 435-640-2075

He is a good guy and I am sure he will let you know the situation.  Sorry I don't know much else.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FIRE WARDEN Bryce Boyer 435-640-2075

He is a good guy and I am sure he will let you know the situation.  Sorry I don't know much else.
View Quote
Thanks
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top