Posted: 7/13/2017 7:51:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:55:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Group buy?
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:13:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 3:28:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you have a weldment kit?  I think that there are a few builders in the area but you best options might be out of state.

I am not much of a welder myself but you could probably have access to my tig if you know what you are doing. I sure am not going to be much help.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 4:42:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 8:43:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I will have to see what's in the kit.  Been years since I went through the parts.  I can't weld at all.

If I need the weldment kit it might be easier just to find a finished receiver.

One website is quoting $700 to finish my kit.
View Quote
700 isn't bad.  Most places are asking 1000+.  Weldment kit in like $20.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:03:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Try Vector Arms.

I doubt they'd weld your receiver because they can't manufacture a receiver without adding a serial number, but I'm sure they'd probably sell you one of their receivers for pretty cheap and pop your trunnion/barrel in it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:52:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try Vector Arms.

I doubt they'd weld your receiver because they can't manufacture a receiver without adding a serial number, but I'm sure they'd probably sell you one of their receivers for pretty cheap and pop your trunnion/barrel in it.
View Quote
I thought Vector went out of business years ago?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:11:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:17:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Vector is still there, they may not always answer the phone and you may not hear much about them, but from time to time, you'll see a host of their products on various websites and if you show up in person, they're in there.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top