Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 6/23/2017 1:14:38 PM EDT
All,

Will be driving up from Phoenix, Arizona in the near future and was looking for good spots that I could camp(primitive) and fish nearby. Any assistance with locating a good place would be appreciated.

thank you,

Dan Sharp
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Dan, where is your final destination?

Is there a general area you are looking to check out?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Last year on our way to Yellowstone, we stopped off in some amazing place Northeast of Salt Lake City where we stayed right next to a creek chock full of trout near some canyons. Was an amazing place but this time I was thinking about just going somewhere as close across the border as possible. At least within 7-8 hours from Phoenix. I know pine lake is around 7 or so hours from Phoenix as an example but I am pretty open. I have a 7 year old boy who has been itching to camp again and fish and its getting harder and harder to find good places in Arizona. I appreciate the response and any advice.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:20:31 PM EDT
[#3]
In another post today I made a recommendation to check out Fish Lake. It is about 1 hour and 45 minutes from Pine Lake.

It is green with aspens and pines. Lot's of moose, elk, and bald eagles.

Fish Lake itself is beautiful with great fishing, but it is surrounded by lot's of other amazing fishing opportunities. My favorite is the small streams around there, especially the ones going in and out of Mill Meadow and Forsyth Reservoirs.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Newcastle or Enterprise reservoir are about 1hr north of St George and have decent fishing and camping nearby. Not high in the mountains so a little hot temps still.

Navajo lake about 2hrs north of St George has good fishing and nice summer temps. No primitive camping right at the lake but lots of places within a few mile drive. Also near Duck Creek and Aspen Mirror lake.

Another great camping area is Manderfield reservoir it also has a creek to fish in. About 2.5hrs north of St George.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Kolob Res is just north of Zion about an hour and a half from St. George. There is a ton of water this year and it is still chuck full. It will be busy on ghe weekends but you can camp right on the lake. Really pretty area and nice and cool. 
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top