Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2017 10:32:46 AM EDT
I'm looking for info and/or advice from anyone familiar with the Arches NP, Canyon Lands NP area. I'll be traveling through the area about the middle of June arriving sometime on the 16th. My 12 year old son and I will be on a road trip. Our plan is to camp the area and see what we can see from my Chevy Silverado 4x4 P/U (2 inch leveling kit and tires upsized 2 sizes). We plan to stay a couple of days, at least and tent camp. We are equipped for camping with no facilities. What camp grounds or camping areas should I go for? What will the availability of first come, first serve campsites in NP's be like? This will be over the weekend, so how busy does the area get this time of year? What are alternatives to established NP campsites? Will my truck be adequate for the "high clearance" trails into the back country? I'm not looking to rock climb or mud bog, or run sand dunes. I would like to see some off the hard road sights though. Fill me in, if you can.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Call them and ask.

(435) 719-2299

They will have the current and reliable info.

Make sure to eat as many meals as possible at the Moab Diner. The green chile is amazing.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top