Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2017 12:25:55 AM EDT
So I went to two ranges today to try out some new ammo that I've been curious about and was told they don't allow it.  (which is retarded since its only steel jacketed and is actually soft point/lead core but they don't bother reading the box after seeing Tula)

Are there any places around besides BLM type land where I can shoot this stuff?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:20:15 PM EDT
[#1]
What's wrong with public land?
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 1:43:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Ya cuz BLM maps are so easy to find these days.  

Ironically enough, that was one thing that was easier to do in CA.  BLM might make us drive an hour to the middle of nowhere but it was at least clearly marked on maps and those maps were easy to find.  Up here, not so much
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Just go to the BLM website.  It's not a question of where you can shoot but more of a question of where you can't.   Just about everywhere is open to shooting.

If you want a paper map Sportsman's Warehouse and Cabela's have them
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 8:02:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ya cuz BLM maps are so easy to find these days.  

Ironically enough, that was one thing that was easier to do in CA.  BLM might make us drive an hour to the middle of nowhere but it was at least clearly marked on maps and those maps were easy to find.  Up here, not so much
View Quote
https://nationalmap.gov/small_scale/printable/images/pdf/fedlands/UT.pdf
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 2:19:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Interesting.  

Found a few places that I will be checking out in the next few weeks.  Thanks for your help, guys.  The explanation and maps helped a ton!
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 8:47:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I live in southern Utah county, and prefer the spot just east of the south Santaquin exit.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 5:36:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I live in southern Utah county, and prefer the spot just east of the south Santaquin exit.
View Quote
Looks quite a bit further.  Are there less people there than west of the lake?
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 3:47:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I wouldn't say it's any further from Orem than west of the lake. Probably sixes. About 25-30 minutes to each spot from Orem Center and I-15.

FAR Les people. I haven't been west of the lake in over a decade. Won't go back.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 5:32:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Saaame. Let's all get together and shoot sometime.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:03:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I wouldn't say it's any further from Orem than west of the lake. Probably sixes. About 25-30 minutes to each spot from Orem Center and I-15.

FAR Les people. I haven't been west of the lake in over a decade. Won't go back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Excellent.  Ill definitely be using that spot then.  

Quoted:

Im down!  I went to several Calguns range cleanups and shoots back in SoCal and I'd love to do something like that up here if somebody wants to host something.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Short notice, but my wife and I may go shooting in Hobble Creek Canyon around 5pm tonight.

Dropped Pin
near Right Fork Hobble Rd, Springville, UT 84663

https://goo.gl/maps/dVSHkE7Mr772
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top