Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/30/2017 11:02:05 PM EDT
Had a weapon on the EE for a few weeks at a ridiculously low price and nothing happened.

Posted it on Utah Gun Exchange tonight and received eight responses within 20 minutes.

Sold it in person an hour later.

Wow.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:11:34 PM EDT
[#1]
What were you selling?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 1:46:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What were you selling?
View Quote
Glock 21
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:06:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I look at Utah Gun Exchange several times a week.  I've been a member here/lurker for a decade and haven't ever been on the EE.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 9:51:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I have bought and sold many on the UGE. No problems. Utah Guns website, not so much.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 11:35:02 PM EDT
[#5]
UGE is great. Just watch out for scumbags (inspect items really well before you buy / trade).
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I have my temporary UT Drivers License and am going nuts waiting for my official DL to arrive so I can start selling guns.  Have several shotguns, a VEPR with type 2 sights setup for a can and several other things Ill be selling as soon as I have my DL.  Looking forward to selling on the UGE since I prefer selling in person.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 4:09:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have my temporary UT Drivers License and am going nuts waiting for my official DL to arrive so I can start selling guns.  Have several shotguns, a VEPR with type 2 sights setup for a can and several other things Ill be selling as soon as I have my DL.  Looking forward to selling on the UGE since I prefer selling in person.
View Quote
Will you take 50% under asking price for the VEPR? What about a straight trade for a full size M&P 40 cal? The stippling was professionally done by me (not to brag). It looks like it spent 3 years in Afghanistan but I've only put like one magazine through it.

Let me know how close that is to the actual offers you receive once you start selling.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I've sold around a dozen guns on there and all but one of them were relisted the following day at a higher price. The problem with me is that I'm an honest seller. I'll put 20,000 rounds down range in a gun, then instead of re-barreling it, I'd rather sell it and buy a new one. So I'll put my gun up for sale on UGE listing the estimated round count, list whether or not the barrel is key holing or has throat erosion, then sell it for cheap.

24 hours later, I see my gun relisted at a higher price by the same scumbag that bought it off of me, but it's now listed as having only had 200 rounds fired through it.

Quoted:

Will you take 50% under asking price for the VEPR? What about a straight trade for a full size M&P 40 cal? The stippling was professionally done by me (not to brag). It looks like it spent 3 years in Afghanistan but I've only put like one magazine 200 rounds through it.

Let me know how close that is to the actual offers you receive once you start selling.
View Quote
Every gun on UGE has had 200 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:05:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Will you take 50% under asking price for the VEPR? What about a straight trade for a full size M&P 40 cal? The stippling was professionally done by me (not to brag). It looks like it spent 3 years in Afghanistan but I've only put like one magazine through it.

View Quote
I just sold 5 never fired Magpul 25rd 308 mags and 3 used Shield 9mm mags.  My Shield mags were $15/ea but if somebody would want all 3, Id let them go for $40 and the Pmags were $15/ea.  Had very few offers on the Pmags but holy crap did I get a lot of offers for my Shield mags.  

None of the offers were as ridiculous as what you warned me about but I did have to very quickly start cutting people off with lines like "sorry youre 4th in line" or "youre 7th in line, I appreciate your interest but its unlikely we will get a chance to do business" kinda crap before I just took the ad down.  I was hesitant to put my cell on the ad and now Im glad I didn't.  But hey, both buyers came to me and paid my asking price, I'm happy.

I also should admit that I have sold a LOT of guns, mags, ammo and random crap over the years.  Over on Calguns, I have an ITrader (like the EE here) rating with 50 verified sales, and thats factoring in that most buyers don't leave ITrader feedback.  So I'm well versed in ridiculous lowballing, snake oil salesmen, flakes, scam artists, retards forgetting their DL's (shit you not), straw man attempts, and flippers.  If anything, I imagine these are all worse in CA since there are rules regulating what can come up (so the few guys with loopholes to get the hot items can and do charge double or more the regular price).  And before that I lived in TX and sold plenty on Armslist.  Ive never been comfortable buying used (unless its like a surplus SKS or something not normally found in stores), so 95% of the time I only sell on these sites, never buy.  Cuz ya I dont trust for sale ads.   EVER.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:19:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've sold around a dozen guns on there and all but one of them were relisted the following day at a higher price. The problem with me is that I'm an honest seller. I'll put 20,000 rounds down range in a gun, then instead of re-barreling it, I'd rather sell it and buy a new one. So I'll put my gun up for sale on UGE listing the estimated round count, list whether or not the barrel is key holing or has throat erosion, then sell it for cheap.

24 hours later, I see my gun relisted at a higher price by the same scumbag that bought it off of me, but it's now listed as having only had 200 rounds fired through it.

View Quote
Please stop spreading these lies!  I spent half an hour looking at ARs today (just out of boredom) and the highest round count I saw was... 10

And "I just bought this last week and am only selling it because of health problems"
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:10:53 AM EDT
[#11]
the re seller assholes are EXACTLY why I wont budge from my price anymore. It happened on a USP I sold, guy put it right back up for more than I was asking for the first time. fuckem

this guy Tysonnious  is one of the worst offenders. some guy sold him his FNX and Tysonnious  even used the guys very pix to repost it so the guy called him out on it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:44:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
the re seller assholes are EXACTLY why I wont budge from my price anymore. It happened on a USP I sold, guy put it right back up for more than I was asking for the first time. fuckem

this guy Tysonnious  is one of the worst offenders. some guy sold him his FNX and Tysonnious  even used the guys very pix to repost it so the guy called him out on it.
View Quote
A guy in his mid 40s named Tyson bought my DPMS LR-308 and my Kel-Tec P3AT.

Guy used my same pictures to sell the DPMS, then sent me a text asking me to remove my ad, but I edited my ad to state the exact price I sold it for and the name/number of the guy I sold it to, then left it there til it expired.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:19:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

None of the offers were as ridiculous as what you warned me about but I did have to very quickly start cutting people off with lines like "sorry youre 4th in line" or "youre 7th in line, I appreciate your interest but its unlikely we will get a chance to do business" kinda crap before I just took the ad down.  I was hesitant to put my cell on the ad and now Im glad I didn't.  

View Quote
Google voice is free and it now supports picture messages.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:43:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm surprised the ATF hasn't talked to him yet.  I work with someone who has an ex that works for the ATF out of the SLC office and part of their job was to keep track of the local classified ads.  I've heard of them setting up bust for exactly this kind of stuff.

I sold some 22LR to a guy that needed it for the "boy scouts".  Didn't run an add for it just a guy in the neighborhood.   Gave him a deal on two CCI bulk packs.  He had it listed online later that day for $20 more.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 11:48:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm surprised the ATF hasn't talked to him yet.  I work with someone who has an ex that works for the ATF out of the SLC office and part of their job was to keep track of the local classified ads.  I've heard of them setting up bust for exactly this kind of stuff.

I sold some 22LR to a guy that needed it for the "boy scouts".  Didn't run an add for it just a guy in the neighborhood.   Gave him a deal on two CCI bulk packs.  He had it listed online later that day for $20 more.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

well they must be doing something else because there is a shit load of people doing just that buying and reselling it only takes about a minute to find them i.e. UTAHSOUNDGUY, they have several pages of guns for sale ...ALWAYS. this guy Tysonnious is a realestate agent crossed his listed number over to his homes for sale site. Is the ATF hiring I need a job?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Another welcher appears to have flaked out. I just love when people ask me to hold items for a couple of days until they get paid / can meet up then fall off the face of the planet. I wish there was a list of these morons so I didn't have to waste my time with them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 12:35:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Dang, I haven't had any bad luck with UGE so far and I've got a guy driving from Logan down to meet me in Orem tomorrow to pickup my VEPR.  

We chatted some and he's also ex army so I think he seems like a good dude.  Throwing in a few Yugo combloc mags to offset the gas he's spending on the drive.  

Only had a few other sales but they've all gone smoothly too
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 12:38:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Only negative experience I have had was I got an offer for my golden tiger (8k Rds) and the guy offered me $100 below my asking price and I said yes.  Half an hour later another guy offered my asking price.  Felt like a dumbass but I didn't wanna flake after already committing to the first guy so I just prayed he'd cancel but he didn't lol so I sold to him.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 4:57:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Only negative experience I have had was I got an offer for my golden tiger (8k Rds) and the guy offered me $100 below my asking price and I said yes.  Half an hour later another guy offered my asking price.  Felt like a dumbass but I didn't wanna flake after already committing to the first guy so I just prayed he'd cancel but he didn't lol so I sold to him.  
View Quote
Know that feel..   I listed a nice handguard for $150. Guy offered me $100 plus some steel case .223 and Wildcat .22lr (total value of $15 in ammo). I agreed then a couple hours later a second guy offered $150 for the rail. When I said it was pending sale he offered $160. That deal hurt, a lot.

However I've been on the other end. I was really excited to pick up a nice HK. Seller agreed to meet me the following day (I was at work). Then, when I texted him the next day to set up a time and place to meet he said he sold it to someone else. That has happened to me a few times actually.

Everyone who is rude, buyers who back out, and sellers who break agreements get blocked in my phone so I know not to deal with them again.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 10:04:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Know that feel..   I listed a nice handguard for $150. Guy offered me $100 plus some steel case .223 and Wildcat .22lr (total value of $15 in ammo). I agreed then a couple hours later a second guy offered $150 for the rail. When I said it was pending sale he offered $160. That deal hurt, a lot.

However I've been on the other end. I was really excited to pick up a nice HK. Seller agreed to meet me the following day (I was at work). Then, when I texted him the next day to set up a time and place to meet he said he sold it to someone else. That has happened to me a few times actually.

Everyone who is rude, buyers who back out, and sellers who break agreements get blocked in my phone so I know not to deal with them again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never do deals like that because EVERY time I've had to wait EVEN by their request they fucking sell to someone else. I mean WTF YOU asked me the buyer to wait till tomorrow and then you sell to someone else ? thats a big fuck you
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:32:51 AM EDT
[#21]
This is pretty much why I never buy stuff used.  Individuals can be so fickle or dishonest and I refuse to deal with that.  Id rather just pay a few bucks more and deal with an FFL.  And I like having a warranty for my guns.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 2:33:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
UGE has never really worked for me. EE usually works better but I tend to sell high end stuff. Your faux ad made me laugh because I get stuff like that all the time on UGE when I try to sell on there.

Some of these stories I'm reading are hilarious.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 4:56:17 PM EDT
[#23]
I've been trying to sell my M&P .45 on there for about 2 weeks.  Not even the scammers are interested  I haven't had one offer and for the money I'm asking I don't

think I'm out of line at all
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've been trying to sell my M&P .45 on there for about 2 weeks.  Not even the scammers are interested  I haven't had one offer and for the money I'm asking I don't

think I'm out of line at all
View Quote
Your asking price is way too high. M&Ps are on sale right now and there's a rebate, so if your price is MSRP or $100 less than MSRP, you're priced too high. The rebate currently available gives the buyer extra magazines, a mag charger, cash, a couple boxes of ammo, and other stuff.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:07:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Your asking price is way too high. M&Ps are on sale right now and there's a rebate, so if your price is MSRP or $100 less than MSRP, you're priced too high. The rebate currently available gives the buyer extra magazines, a mag charger, cash, a couple boxes of ammo, and other stuff.
View Quote
I've seen new M&P deals online for $299.  They can't give an M&P away right now.  It's crazy what thinks are selling for, buy 1k rounds of 5.56 and get 10 P-mags, stuff like that everywhere.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:50:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I've seen new M&P deals online for $299.  They can't give an M&P away right now.  It's crazy what thinks are selling for, buy 1k rounds of 5.56 and get 10 P-mags, stuff like that everywhere.
View Quote
Well, I didn't think I was out of line at my price, but I guess I was.    My ad only has 66 views.  I don't really need the money, I'm just out of space and really don't want to buy another safe.

I guess I'll hang onto it for a while.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 3:05:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
it's really an interesting phenomena.

"50 seem too unbelievable? 500 too high? I mean 200 seems reasonable."
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 5:27:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Well, I didn't think I was out of line at my price, but I guess I was.    My ad only has 66 views.  I don't really need the money, I'm just out of space and really don't want to buy another safe.

I guess I'll hang onto it for a while.
View Quote
You could probably have better luck trading 2 guns for something you want.  Adding a pistol to a cheap rifle could get you an AR thats decent or something?  It all depends on what you trade it for.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:19:14 PM EDT
[#29]
I've never had trouble selling a gun via KSL or subsequently, UGE.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 9:11:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Just happened again. I posted two pistols on UGE and sold them within five minutes.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 4:07:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Tyson bought them I'd bet
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 11:59:28 AM EDT
[#32]
@magilla

Are you the owner of UGE by chance? If you are, why don't you forward the reseller info to ATF? The Utah ATF office is really cool and helpful, they even answer the phone when you call unlike their headquarters that take a 2-5 months to reply to emails.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
@magilla

Are you the owner of UGE by chance? If you are, why don't you forward the reseller info to ATF? The Utah ATF office is really cool and helpful, they even answer the phone when you call unlike their headquarters that take a 2-5 months to reply to emails.
View Quote
I'm going to be honest, I'm not sure its the best idea for everyone that uses that site.  He probably needs to be caught, but, having a pile of extra scrutiny onto UGE users probably isn't going to work out for those of us that are not using it outside of the law.  Not trying to be all tinfoil hat, but I'm guessing they already are surfing the site and probably already have him marked out.  At the federal level I'd guess they want a bigger bust out of him, NFA violation or something.

Also, we don't have objective proof of him actually doing anything wrong.  He could be buying cheap, posting high and trading.  Making trades is a different category with different rules.  You can sell x guns in x time and not for profit (difficult to prove), but trades are different.  So he could just be an asshole operating just inside the law.

I'm fairly sure he's tried to low ball the shit out of me several times, but there are other guys that do it too.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 7:53:24 PM EDT
[#34]
I suppose you're right.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 12:36:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm going to be honest, I'm not sure its the best idea for everyone that uses that site.  He probably needs to be caught, but, having a pile of extra scrutiny onto UGE users probably isn't going to work out for those of us that are not using it outside of the law.  Not trying to be all tinfoil hat, but I'm guessing they already are surfing the site and probably already have him marked out.  At the federal level I'd guess they want a bigger bust out of him, NFA violation or something.

Also, we don't have objective proof of him actually doing anything wrong.  He could be buying cheap, posting high and trading.  Making trades is a different category with different rules.  You can sell x guns in x time and not for profit (difficult to prove), but trades are different.  So he could just be an asshole operating just inside the law.

I'm fairly sure he's tried to low ball the shit out of me several times, but there are other guys that do it too.
View Quote
Agree on all points. And yes, he has offered to "buy" my stuff too.

If anyone needs to get snatched up by the ATF, it's that guy who would post the WTB ad for a Sig Xi pistol every day. Most annoying person on the site, though I haven't seen him post in a few weeks.

I hope Mr. Sig seeker isn't a member here. I'll feel kinda bad if so...
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 12:44:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Agree on all points. And yes, he has offered to "buy" my stuff too.

If anyone needs to get snatched up by the ATF, it's that guy who would post the WTB ad for a Sig Xi pistol every day. ]Most annoying person on the site, though I haven't seen him post in a few weeks.

I hope Mr. Sig seeker isn't a member here. I'll feel kinda bad if so...
View Quote
Oh my hell, he posted that damn thing 3 times a day.  I was about ready to order one just to make him freaking stop.  Got so tired of seeing his stupid post FOR 3 YEARS, several times a day. That spammer needed the ban hammer!
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 3:30:15 AM EDT
[#37]
You guys are on there a lot, I take it. I only go there to sell stuff and I only browse ads to see how much other people are selling stuff for to get an idea of what to list mine for.

Do you guys buy a lot of crap there? I don't typically buy anything used because I find that new items tend to be cheaper with a better value.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 9:29:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
You guys are on there a lot, I take it. I only go there to sell stuff and I only browse ads to see how much other people are selling stuff for to get an idea of what to list mine for.

Do you guys buy a lot of crap there? I don't typically buy anything used because I find that new items tend to be cheaper with a better value.
View Quote
I browse it a lot, but I don't tend to buy much of anything anymore because it's over priced.  I've bought mostly from local dealers in the last couple years.

I tend to have a lot of 5-ish minute chunks throughout the day, waiting for inspectors or sitting on a call with a supplier. Its about as probuctive as Facebook, but with the potential for deals.

Now I'm keeping an eye out for a cheap B&T TP9, an M1 carbine for my dad or a cheap 104 or 106.  They will pop up eventually, and I'll call and make a deal when they do.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#39]
^ What he said. It's fun to see what people are selling and I like looking at guns.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 9:39:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
@magilla

View Quote
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 1:55:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Things are getting serious on UGE.

Wasn't me...I learned the difference between your and you're in first grade.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 2:39:07 PM EDT
[#42]
LOL that's funny you're right ya know. guy must be digging a big whole. I lol'd when I saw that blew coffee all over my monitor
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Oh, Damn...
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 4:11:54 PM EDT
[#44]
That guy that got busted was the owner of HKParts.net . Good guy, not sure why he decided to be a dumbass and start selling guns without an FFL though.
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 10:09:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
That guy that got busted was the owner of HKParts.net . Good guy, not sure why he decided to be a dumbass and start selling guns without an FFL though.
View Quote
I think from a previous deal he wasn't allowed to sell or broker.  He was advertising guns that I believe another FFL was shipping.  Not sure why the ATF went after him, but it sounded like they were after him, not HKparts.net.

I personally think they just didn't like Adam and he should have been left alone.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 2:24:52 AM EDT
[#46]
He did a couple back alley deals in parking lots FTF without an FFL. He didn't used to be that way, he used to avoid FTFs altogether, I know because I tried going to his house to pick up an HK91 bolt carrier once and he said no to that and made me pay shipping.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:43:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Attachment Attached File

What happened here, this dude is mad about something...
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 6:00:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/234446/Screenshot_20171218-184121-394767.JPG

What happened here, this dude is mad about something...
View Quote
lol, he mad at low baller.. 2/10 on troll post though.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 12:51:06 PM EDT
[#49]
damn that site brings out the crazies for sure
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 10:33:08 PM EDT
[#50]
You'd like to think that gun owners would be a cut above the rest. My experience with UGE does not support that view though. Tons of crazies, scammers, welshing scumbags.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top