Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 4/8/2006 12:11:51 PM EDT
Well, I guess we didn't find anyone else this week, but michaelj and myself had a pretty good time. He has a nice spot down a little further from where we've been before. It was flat enough that I made it in, no problems, and I bet cars could even make it. The area was wide enough we could have had as many as 20-30 shooters in a line, and we had about 150yds or so for distance. My Hi-Point Carbine was very accurate, and for $70 I couldn't be any happier. Mike also has a very nice AR set-up, and I don't even really like ARs that much. Anyway, it was a good trip. Maybe we could do it again in another 2 weeks, and get a couple more out? It would be a bit of driving, but worth it, especially if we could all meet up, shoot a bunch of stuff, and maybe have a mini "gunshow" or swap meet for parts and everything else. Just a few of my thoughts running around.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:55:11 PM EDT
You sure couldn't ask for better weather than right now that's for sure. I sure hope we can get a few more people together for another shoot, as it would be nice to get to know a few more of you guys. I hope we didn't have anyone drive out there who said they were going, but couldn't find where we were at. Dar48 had a great idea in maybe bringing some of the extra parts we all have around and doing a mini swap-meet type deal.

Anyone interested in getting together in two weeks needs to post their interest here so we can start making plans. As always, I will be shooting that weekend anyway, so maybe we can get some more shooters out there.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:28:55 PM EDT
I went solo & had a great time shooting some new steel targets.
I went to the same general area we've been before, just picked a different shooting spot.
I didn't see any groups, so I figure anybody else that came to that area just did the solo thing like me.

Anybody that stayed home fearing a muddy mess missed a perfect weekend for shooting.
Not too warm, very light breeze, and dry ground.

I'd probably be game for doing this again shortly, but I've got a family function next weekend that will include some shooting, so I probably won't have any ammo left for another trip so soon.
I need to try to stock up some more.
Page Hometown » Utah
Top Top