Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 3/22/2006 5:45:19 AM EDT
Any body here know where I can get this done to an old "post ban" barrel?

Thanks in advance.
Todd
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:53:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Vector Arms in N.Salt Lake will do it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:22:52 AM EDT
[#2]
www.adcofirearms.com.  everyone on the board seems to like these guys....I have never tried them.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:26:52 AM EDT
[#3]
The gunsmith at Buckhorn will do it for $100 if you strip it down completely (assuming it's an AR15 barrel?) before bringing it in.  I already talked to him about doing one for me.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Whats the purpose of having AR15 barrels threaded as opposed to using a barrel nut to secure them?
What kind of receiver are you going to use?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:37:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Ah, I see. And here I thought they were up to something new!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's the guy Armalite referred me to:

geoffrey corn
the match shop
rr3 box 66-a
oakload city, in
812-749-6416

send UPS

That price was quoted for sending in a complete upper for removal of the post ban muzzle brake and threading the barrel.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Impact Guns in Ogden UT. said they'd thread one for me.  I know that not too many people like them, but it's an option.

Mark
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:26:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys. This is a Bushmaster upper with a nekid muzzle.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:47:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, you could check with Impact here (I will if I can remember).  The gunsmith is the guy from Moons (I talked to him but can't remember his name).  I've never hade any work done with him so I can't offer an opinion.  Whatever you do let us know.  I have a post ban nekid muzzle that needs fixin too.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Well, you could check with Impact here (I will if I can remember).  The gunsmith is the guy from Moons (I talked to him but can't remember his name).  I've never hade any work done with him so I can't offer an opinion.  Whatever you do let us know.  I have a post ban nekid muzzle that needs fixin too.

It won't be soon, as I have been busy lately, which is why I have not been posting much. But, as soon as I do, I will post,
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:22:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Cliff (the guy at Ponderosa in HorshoeBend) knows a guy that will do it.  I used to have his card but havent been able to find it.  You could give him a call.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:38:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Impact will do it.  Mike (I think) the smith said that he'd do one for $85 (upper disassembly, thread, reassembly) and then adjust the price if necessary.  He was also the smith at Shapels.  He can't work on stuff until the FFL shows up.  But now they'r e thinking that should be in 2 weeks or so.  Mike's also ordering a new set of AR tools but those should be in before the FFL.

He also said that removing a post ban brake and threading would be the same price.  
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top