Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/18/2006 12:57:22 PM EDT
Lets talk.  Next weekend, 24 and/or the 25 for a shoot.

I'm almost always up for a Saturday shoot.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Does anyone have some items to donate as targets, ie water heaters or such?

I'm down for the 26th.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:01:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I can bring my regular targets and stands, as well as some phone books. I did not comment on LP's testing with the pistol rounds but it seemed pretty cool. I'd like to try some myself. I plan on having either another 1911 or a shotgun by next weekend. Also we can always bring some small propane tanks. Those are always allot of fun.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:04:12 PM EDT
[#3]
How are you for Sunday JR? Still working 12 hours through Saturday night?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How are you for Sunday JR? Still working 12 hours through Saturday night?

Sunday is my sleep day, I work 12 hour shifts starting Sunday @ 6:30pm.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Did anybody go to Blacks Creek range today for the machine gun shoot?  If you took pictures could you post them please.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#6]
the catscan was to see if i had any more kidney stones.

I had a nice little visit to the ER back in Feb. for one.  last wednesday i had a follow up appt. for the kidney stones and also to see if i had anymore as i had been feeling like shit all last weekend and most of this week.

the good news is that there are no more kidney stones.  but i have no idea why i felt like crap all week.  I'm thinking it was just a flu bug or somthing b/c i'm feeling pretty good now.  at least i hope that's all it was anyway.

SM
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
the catscan was to see if i had any more kidney stones.

I had a nice little visit to the ER back in Feb. for one.  last wednesday i had a follow up appt. for the kidney stones and also to see if i had anymore as i had been feeling like shit all last weekend and most of this week.

the good news is that there are no more kidney stones.  but i have no idea why i felt like crap all week.  I'm thinking it was just a flu bug or somthing b/c i'm feeling pretty good now.  at least i hope that's all it was anyway.

SM

Did you have a catscan or an ultrasound done?  I've never heard of a catscan being done for kidney stones, but I have been known to be wrong before.  You have my sympathy on that, I passed a stone about 15 years ago and thought someone was ripping my guts out.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:30:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I might be able to make a shoot next weekend.  It looks like I might be in town.

BTW, does anyone know where to get ammo cans in town for a decent price?  I've filled up all of mine and need some more (did you know you can get 1200 rounds of .223 on strippers in a .50 ammo can?).  I use .50's but wouldn't mind getting a few larger ones (maybe 20mm or SAW type).

Has anyone shot the Guatemalan .223 Aim is selling?  Price looks prety good but it's already 20 years old.

I'm looking for a FAL.  Anyone know of one that's available?  I'm going to sell my SPAS-12 to fund it if anyone is interested.  ;)
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:39:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Check the Boise Army/Navy on Chinden. Thats where I get mine. $9 for a .50 can, IIRC.

There was talk on the AR-15 Ammunition forum about the Guatemalan ammo, everyone seemed to think it's good stuff. Saw that ad to. But I still have thousands of reloads.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:22:01 AM EDT
[#10]
You could also try cheaperthandirt.com for ammo cans.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:50:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Or.................you could just wait two weeks. They are always for sale at the gun shows for around $5 and there's one the weekend of the 1st.

Sure hope the book seller is there.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd be up for a Sat. shoot.  although they might induce wifey around thursday.  
I'm wondering if this 9mm WWB is sealed ammo?  is it going to be say....chocolate milk proof?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:00:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey, any of you guys shot a .458 SOCOM?  The RRA upper is looking pretty good.  Money I don't have is burning a hole in my pocket.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#14]
So, leave just before they discharge her, to get the hosue ready for her... while you do that, stash your guns in your car, and then freshen the house up a bit (she will love that).  Then, this weekend, tell her you are going to go out for a bit, and let her get some good bodning time with the new baby.  :-)  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:12:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Did you have a catscan or an ultrasound done?  I've never heard of a catscan being done for kidney stones, but I have been known to be wrong before.  You have my sympathy on that, I passed a stone about 15 years ago and thought someone was ripping my guts out.

It was a catscan.  they could've done an ultrasound but the dr. said that a catscan was the best way to tell.  (it's also the most expensive. )

SM
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:35:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'd be up for a Sat. shoot.  although they might induce wifey around thursday.  
I'm wondering if this 9mm WWB is sealed ammo?  is it going to be say....chocolate milk proof?

So Saturday the 25th? 10 am at the Shell station? JR you going to be there?

ETA: So whats the story about the chocolate milk?  I would think that as long as they were not submerged in the milk for any length of time they'd be ok.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:11:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Wmart was having sample day and the kid spilled(poured) her cup in the basket...on the ammo of course
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:18:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Saturday the 25th will work for me.  Fuck yeah I'll be there.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Change of plans for me.  They're taking Wifey in and inducing labor Fri. morning.

Sleepdr?          
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Change of plans for me.  They're taking Wifey in and inducing labor Fri. morning.

Sleepdr?          

Make sure you let us know how it goes!! Congratulations to Mrs. LP and to you!!

What does your daughter think of all this?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#21]
So who's going shooting with JR and myself Saturday? JR, are we still going?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:19:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm coming.  I won't replace my crappy .223 ammo until I start shooting it up.    Plus I have a new upper I need to test out.    Hmm, I wonder if I can get a RRA two stage trigger before then?

I've also got a Nylon 12 and Single Six I've never shot.  I guess I should make sure they function.  If I can get my new trigger group installed in the SPAS-12 I'll need to test it a little too.  

Sunday weather may be better but as long as it's not raining too much I don't really care.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:21:02 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm still in.  I need to sight in my Aimpoint after putting the LaRue mount on.

HennyBogan are you going?  I'd like to give that G21 a few tries.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Hey JR, I'm as of right now I'm in.  I've been fighting a little bit of a cold, but if I don't get any worse I'll be there.  

Stopped by Boise Gun and picked up some .308.  East German stuff, 40 bucks for a battle pack.  I don't know how good that is, but better than Walmart.  Thanks for the heads up Spiff.  I really need to go online for this stuff.  Looked at their AR's, nothing cheaper than 900$.  I guess I'll start looking at EE and see what they are going for there.  

I'll definitely bring the 21.  I'm looking forward to putting more rounds through it .
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:03:27 PM EDT
[#25]
What are you looking for?  Are you a brand snob like me? Otherwise you could build for cheap.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Nope, no brand snob here.  I don't want a POS and I want it to be accurate, but other than that I don't care who makes it.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#27]
I may be selling an AR pretty soon.  Maybe.  I'll bring it out this weekend and you can check it out.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:16:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Yeah, I'm definitely interested.  You guys have gotta be tired of me bumming off yours.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:45:24 PM EDT
[#29]
I figured you could get a lower and then hit everybody for their spare parts and have one in no time
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#30]
I built my first AR (the tan one) for just under $700.  It uses a Rock River upper, Stag lower, RRA LPK, and Cavarms furniture.  It's been through a few changes but you saw how accurate it was...pretty damned accurate.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Yeah, I liked the tan one.  Thats a good idea.  I just might have to do that.  Good idea.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#32]
I'll bring the tan one out to help ease you towards a full case of EBRD (Evil Black Rifle Disease)
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Be careful what you put into your gun.  :-)  I have a lot of spiffy things on it, and it is built exactly how I wanted it...but I have discovered the barrel is a bit much.  I want a shorter barrel model, and probably plastic grips.  I want to really drop the weight out front.  It wasn't something I had considered when putting it together.  I'd kind of like to put together a carbine style rifle, using the new magpul stocks.  Those look very cool.  Of course, I would probably be just as happy getting a 2nd upper for my lower, and swapping out the vltor stock for the magpul stock.  :)
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:38:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Dibs on ryfters Vltor!!1!

ETA:

Doctors in a Godlike whim, decided to move My sons birthday to Wed. so I'm on for tomorrow.

off for an ammo run
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:53:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Glad you'll be able to make it LP.  You want to try bumping a 30 rounder of Serbian Wolf??

ETA:  I just got 200 of Winchester Super X 185gr. Silvertip HP's.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:35:11 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Glad you'll be able to make it LP.  You want to try bumping a 30 rounder of Serbian Wolf??

ETA:  I just got 200 of Winchester Super X 185gr. Silvertip HP's.

JR, are you thinking about selling that Kimber and getting a Glock? If so let me have first dibs on the Kimber. Was going to pick up a new .45 for this weekend, but I think I'll hold off until the gun show so I can walk around and man-handle as many as possible.

JR, I've got a DVD on fixing up .45's that I think you'll like.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:43:09 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Doctors in a Godlike whim, decided to move My sons birthday to Wed. so I'm on for tomorrow.

Whats the deal? Are they waiting to see if she delivers without inducing?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:47:44 AM EDT
[#38]
I have a 20" gov profile barrel, an A2 upper along with gas tube and handguards I'll let go for $230. I don't have a bolt or carrier with it. The barrel has less than 100 rounds through it and it's a Bushmaster. I got it for my A1 replica but it wasn't the right barrel. Had to get an original Colt SP1 barrel.

The barrel itself was $215.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:57:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Selling the Kimber...no way!  It shoots to damn good, besides I always feel dirty after selling guns.
I would like to check out the G21 though as I'm thinking hi cap .45 is a sweet thing.  USP or Glock would be cool.

I went to Impact Guns today.  The guys there seem cool, I talked to a few of them including Ryan.  He sounded interested in getting some of us together for a shoot at their range or maybe even  some competition.  I foresee good things with them...good things.

I may have to check out that DVD Spiff, as long as it doesnt give me any bad ideas.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whats the deal? Are they waiting to see if she delivers without inducing?

They probably decided they needed to get in some golf.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I may have to check out that DVD Spiff, as long as it doesnt give me any bad ideas.

It will!! It's what started me thinking about getting another 1911 that I can fix up. I've actually switched from a Kimber to thinking seriously about a Springfield 1911 "Full size" model. The only bad thing about the full size model is that it would be nice to have a double stack.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
They probably decided they needed to get in some golf.  

Ha!! Maybe thats where sleepdr's been!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:20:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
. The only bad thing about the full size model is that it would be nice to have a double stack.

Blasphemy!!  Dont go getting any double stack 1911's.  JMB will strike you down from above.  Next your going to tell us you want a double stack, polymer framed, 2 piece guide rod, external extractor with the magazine disconnect and firing pin safetied 1911 all in 9mm.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:25:16 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Blasphemy!!  Dont go getting any double stack 1911's.  JMB will strike you down from above.  Next your going to tell us you want a double stack, polymer framed, 2 piece guide rod, external extractor with the magazine disconnect and firing pin safetied 1911 all in 9mm.

I know!! I know!!

I was just thinking that a double stack would be better for competition shooting (once I get you and sleepdr over to the IPSC shoots)!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:42:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Well I guess the rooms didn't clear up as quickly as they'd hoped.

THe rooms are like private hotel suites/delivery room all rolled into one. So I stay in and help out with the delivery,  cut the cord, the whole works.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:03:23 PM EDT
[#46]
I just got back from my first trip to BGC.  Wow, they have a ton of stock but holy crap are they expensive.  $20 for a 30 round AR mag?  Ammo seemed really high too (except for the russian stuff).  Time to get a web order together.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:14:04 PM EDT
[#47]
BCC??
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:05:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Oops, typo.  Boise Gun Company.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:52:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Ah!  BCC, to me, is Beer Can Chicken.  :-)
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:43:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Yeah, tell me about it.  They had a USED Bushmaster AR, nothing special, for 1395.00.  Their cheapest was 900.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top