Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 11:41:07 AM EDT
My 4 1/2 year old male Rotti Gino was sick with bone marrow cancer for the last 6 months. He was so bad when I got home from work last night that I couldn't bear to see him suffer any longer. he was a good boy and I'll miss him dearly. This was one of the hardest things I've had to do in a long time. I was pretty stronge right up to when the vet gave him the shot. I was telling Gino what a good boy he was and how papa loved him very much. Then his head went slump in my arms and he passed. I sobbed like a little baby. I've got my other Rotti Maggie that is turning 9 in two weeks and she's probably not too far from hitting her time as well.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:16:41 PM EDT
Damn, that really sucks. I feel for you. I have a 9 year old Drathaar and am dreading that day.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:56:12 PM EDT
Damn AZ, saying your sorry at a time like this always sounds so lame. But I am sorry.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:50:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 7:46:05 PM EDT by anomad]
My sincere condolences. Losing a family member is never easy.

A short story:
My dad's last dog was found at the local dumpster. Turned out to be a lab/shepard mutt. Female, totally dominant, crazy with energy and the smartest dog I have ever known. She was just starting to settle down and become a little more controllable when she was hit by a car. Her "uncle" was the only person availible to bury muttley when it happened. Uncle James (an old camp lejeune drill sarge, no less) never liked Muttley, and he kept saying the whole time he was digging a hole out in the pasture how much he hated her.
He cried the whole time, start to finish.

Pets are the most wonderful thing that ever happened to humans. Remember the good times and spare an extra treat for Maggie, or whatever makes her happy.

edit: camp lejeune not perry...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:09:55 PM EDT
I feel for you. Been through it myself and it's never easy.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:38:26 PM EDT
Deep sympathy for your loss, AZ.

I've lost 2 beloved dogs, one unexpectedly and the other to cancer. The loss of a faithful companion is never easy, and the house will seem much quieter for a time.

I'd like to think Gino's running free with Muttley, Gennie (mine), Phoenix (mine), and other dogs who have passed.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:22:18 AM EDT
I know what it is like to lose a good (four legged) friend. My sympathies...
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:32:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:23:06 PM EDT

Sorry to hear it... we have a dog that might need to be put down soon too...
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:57:33 PM EDT
Thanks for the posts guys. Yesterday was pretty rough for me and the wife. We're doing better and at least that lead plate on my chest feeling is going away.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:14:24 AM EDT
My sincere sympathies.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:56:48 AM EDT
Sorry to hear that AZ. I too have been there and it is indeed very hard. Hang in there.

SM
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:58:33 PM EDT
Sorry Man, I did the same about a month ago, and we've got another 9 year old thats having problems..............One of the few bad things about having critters.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:31:16 PM EDT
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.

Mark
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:00:06 PM EDT
Sorry to hear about your rotty AZ. I was faced with the same situation in 2001. He was as about as human as a dog could get. I cannot even bear trying to find another rott because of the effect of losing my buddy.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:16:21 AM EDT
My condolences to all of you that have lost a dear pet as well.

Maggie won't leave my side now that Gino is gone.
Page Hometown » Utah
Top Top