Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 9:59:07 AM EDT
I just bought this used from MrMason(AR15 member). Enjoy!

What have you bought recently and would like to show off?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Well i just got my first AR a couple weeks ago.
Bushmaster M4gery.

and couple weeks before that i got this czech VZ24 mauser

sorry the pics aren't very good.  i need a new digicam.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:39:42 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a nice looking Bushmaster! Congrats! WOW... got MAGS?!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Sure I'll play.

This is the start of what will become my third AR.  14.5" midlength upper, gov't profile, 1/7 twist, chrome lined, M4 extensions,  "F" marked FSB, and a phantom 5C1 flash suppressor.

Soon I'll order the rest of the tools I need (action block).  Slap the upper together and save up for an ACOG.  I already have a lower waiting to go.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Not a new pic, and she dosen't look much like this anymore.

Well actually, she has a VLTOR stock, Magpul grip, ARMS 40L BUIS and an EOTech holosight now. Other than that it looks the same. And a new Eagle TAS-3 sling, that I'm not sure I like.

ETA: Oh, and the Stag lower in this pic has been replaced by a DPMS lower.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:01:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Hrmmmm.... I think I need another AR/M4... (I wonder if MrMason will part with his?)
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:07:11 PM EDT
[#6]
How do you like that MIAD Spiff?  I've been eyeing one for a while now...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#7]
a little mod to the G19.  Hey and anyone want to bring wet phonebooks to the next shoot?  I want to test 147gr HP which are rated @ 990fps/320ftlbs vs 124 gr HP rated @1120 fps/345

Latest Firearm purchase

users.rcn.com/sitzkrieg/war/gatlinggun.wmv
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:36:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
a little mod to the G19.  Hey and anyone want to bring wet phonebooks to the next shoot?  I want to test 147gr HP which are rated @ 990fps/320ftlbs vs 124 gr HP rated @1120 fps/345

Now don't get to attached to those sights. Remember you actually bought them for me!! All I need now is a Glock.........
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:47:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
All I need now is a Glock.........

Me too.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:51:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
How do you like that MIAD Spiff?  I've been eyeing one for a while now...

Well, here's the deal JR. I've never replaced the stock grip with a Hogue or some other because it's always been comfortable for me, just as comfortable as the aftermarket ones I've tried. Comfort was all I was basing my decision on.

So, I was watching one of those Lenny Magill self defense videos while reloading a month ago or so. In it he talks about how he replaces the stock grip with aftermarket ones (TangoDown I believe) because it's fatter and allows the outer pad on his trigger finger to naturally come to rest on the trigger. Where as, the stock grip is narrow and he always had to consciously adjust for the proper position. I also have the same problem with the stock grip.

I did some research and everyone seemed to agree that the Magpul MAID was the fattest if you adjusted it with the biggest inserts. So I got one.

Now to answer your question. I like it. It's comfortable and I like the light texturing. However, even though it is quite a bit bigger than the stock grip, it doesn't completely solve the outer pad/trigger placement problem. My finger wants to come to rest on the trigger on about the outer part of the second pad. Much better than it was.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:58:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Carried my pistol around for about two weeks like this. Luckily the slide stop lever spring broke and had to be replaced. I went to rangemasters for the part and decided to test fire it after it was installed. That's when we discovered that the striker was busted.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:06:32 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
img130.imageshack.us/img130/9290/strikerbar3wx.jpg

Carried my pistol around for about two weeks like this. Luckily the slide stop lever spring broke and had to be replaced. I went to rangemasters for the part and decided to test fire it after it was installed. That's when we discovered that the striker was busted.

What type of pistol is that off of??

Spiff, thanks for the mini review.  I like the feel of the A2 grip, but when shooting the single finger groove always seems to find its way on my 2nd knuckle.  The MIAD looked like it had the feel of the A2 with the option of not having the finger groove.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:39:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Spiff, thanks for the mini review.  I like the feel of the A2 grip, but when shooting the single finger groove always seems to find its way on my 2nd knuckle.  The MIAD looked like it had the feel of the A2 with the option of not having the finger groove.

Heck, get an A1 grip, certainly cheaper than $35 for the MAID. Even more if you get all the attachments.

+1 on waiting to find out what pistol that striker is out of!! It isn't a CZ (well a 75 or 85 model) and its not a 1911!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#14]

It was a Glock 23. The guy at the range helping me fix it said he'd only ever seen two strikers break.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:00:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

It was a Glock 23. The guy at the range helping me fix it said he'd only ever seen two strikers break.

BLASPHEMER!

I see Hacksaw marks!!
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top