Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/28/2006 5:09:54 AM EDT
At the request of Spiff for a new thread...here it is.

March 11th for a shoot perhaps?  And March 12th for the people who dont want to waste ammo shooting with Jollyroger so they can blast away with AZ's FA's?

Squirrel/jack rabbit genocide on any day in between now and the 11/12th?

ETA:  Luckypunk, Blackhawk has their vests at 50% off.  They even have some left handed cross draw vests.  Dig it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:46:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey guys,

So i was at sportsmans wharehouse this weekend and they have re-stocked the Q3131 if anyone is wanting to stock up.  they also had a buch of WWB 62gr. fmj as well. i picked up a couple boxes to try out.

I did get a chance to wring out the ar this weekend too.  some of my observations:

1. ARs KICK ASS!!
2. I need more ammo!  I'm going to reload for it for the more expensive loads (hornaday or Nosler ballistic tips) for the critters.
3.I now know what people were talking about with the famos telescoping stock "boing" sound.
4. I'll have to get used to the sights. or add a red dot/ holo sight.

I went shooting on sunday with the g/f and my parents and a couple friends.  we go out twards emmet (just before firebird raceway) and shoot and hunt prarie dogs and bunnys.  anyway i got to wring out the new BM XM-15 M4gery.  it was awesome. no malfunctions at all.

I also got to try my first batch of reloads.  i made up 5 rounds for the 300WSM and tried them out.  they worked great.  i didn't actually put it on paper, i just wanted to try them out.  i'll make more and try to get them dialed in and see how they do.

One of my buddies that came with us just bought a used FAL on sat. and was trying it out and ran into a few problems.  any of you know anything about FALs? ar10er?  so it would either fire two rounds with only one pull of the trigger. full auto style  OR... it would shoot one round and eject the spent casing and then jam the next round.  it would put a very light primer hit on that next round.  not enough to discharge but a noticable dent.  any ideas as to what may be wrong?

SM
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:04:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll be out of town on that weekend, though I may make it back late Saturday depending on what happens!! We are setting up a new branch office in La Grande, OR.

You guys may have to go shooting without me........sniff.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:28:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I'm up for the 12th.  I picked up some of the American Eagle 20rd boxes at Sportsmans Warehouse and was pleasently surprised to see that it was Lake City brass they used.  By the way.. Spiff I got a bag of brass for ya!

I'm in the slow process of cleaning my guns so they'll be nice and ready to go for the next outing.  Man my UZI was filthy, I'm wondering how in the hell it was even running as nasty as it was.   I'm almost afraid to even look at the insides of my HK.  

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:30:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

One of my buddies that came with us just bought a used FAL on sat. and was trying it out and ran into a few problems.  any of you know anything about FALs? ar10er?  so it would either fire two rounds with only one pull of the trigger. full auto style  OR... it would shoot one round and eject the spent casing and then jam the next round.  it would put a very light primer hit on that next round.  not enough to discharge but a noticable dent.  any ideas as to what may be wrong?

SM

I'd be happy to take a look at that FAL for you if you like.  I've torn into quite a few of them and know the insides pretty well.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:43:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well I'm up for the 12th.  I picked up some of the American Eagle 20rd boxes at Sportsmans Warehouse and was pleasently surprised to see that it was Lake City brass they used.

Did you buy individual boxes or a case?  If you picked up a case what did you end up paying?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:48:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Well I'm up for the 12th.  I picked up some of the American Eagle 20rd boxes at Sportsmans Warehouse and was pleasently surprised to see that it was Lake City brass they used.

I'm positive that I can't make it back on Saturday, at least not until late. But I might be able to make it shooting Sunday. Depends on if Susan lets me go after being gone part of Thurs, and all of Friday and Saturday.

By the way.. Spiff I got a bag of brass for ya!

Cool AZ!! Don't give any to Ar10er!! Well ok, maybe a little bit if he behaives himself.

I'm in the slow process of cleaning my guns so they'll be nice and ready to go for the next outing.  Man my UZI was filthy, I'm wondering how in the hell it was even running as nasty as it was.   I'm almost afraid to even look at the insides of my HK.  

From now on you should decide about an hour ahead of time when your going to leave and make everyone help clean them. We might need a bit of schooling on the HK and UZI, but we are all AR cleaning fools!! Well, 'cept JR .

Edited to fix the damn typos....
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:06:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm positive that I can't make it back on Saturday, at least not until late. But I might be able to make it shooting Sunday. Depends on if Susan lets me to after being gone part of Thrus, and all of Friday and Saturday.

By the way.. Spiff I got a bag of brass for ya!

Cool AZ!! Don't give any to Ar10er!! Well ok, maybe a little bit if he behaives himself.

From now on you should decide about an hour ahead of time when your going to leave and make everyone help clean them. We might need a bit of schooling on the HK and UZI, but we are all AR cleaning fools!! Well, 'cept JR .

Not a bad idea but it does get rather messy when I clean them as I get very thorough about it.  If any of you would like a lesson in tearing any of them down don't hessitate to ask though.  School is always open.

I bought a few boxes to tide me over until I can score some bulk surplus ammo cheap.  $3.99 a box or .20 a round wasn't too bad a price for a desperate man.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:02:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

SM

From a totally FN layman's point of view. It sounds like it's short stroking. Is the rifle's gas system clean, including bolt, etc. I'd have your friend scrub 'er down and look for obvious problems. Then take it back out and shoot it.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:40:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Shortmag...
That's awesome you're reloading for the 300WSM, I'd be interested in shooting & seeing them group.

That's good If you can shoot a new AR and not have any shortstrokes.  maybe try some wolf if you want to practice failure drills

You should shoot w/ an A2 stock if you want to hear the sproing

Don't go all "mallninja" just yet with your new gun.  Shoot a lot with the irons untill you can pick off squirrels @ long yardages (the front pin will cover the little bastards) in the meantime, make it to a couple of our shoots, cause we have ACOG, Aimpoint, EOtech &  variable powers to test out and see which one you like.

I'd be up for some shooting this sat/sun, and will probly have the AR in the work truck later in the week for some after 5 fun if the weather is good.

ETA:  Thanks for the heads up jollyroger.  I will look seriously as It's a good price/sale on a vest, just got to find "the one"

Oh, and what's your sched. for going squirreling? (soon)
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:26:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Mall Ninja Makes a Stand at Starbucks
by Grandfather Glock

I had a yen for a venti Marble Mocha Macchiato

I was pulling away from the tailor’s parking lot in my new, pimp yellow H2. The full moon glistened on the clear coat. I had just dropped off my new dark earth web gear to replace my old coyote brown stuff. I also had a few bits of ranger green mixed in to break up the profile and to increase my gear’s multiseasonality. The new dark earth cerakote paint, AR furniture, Ranger Plates, non-tilt followers, and Glock thigh rig were still sitting in a big UPS box in my garage. The tailor was going to sew on my “O pos,” “Infidel,” and “Remember 9.11” patches to my plate carrier. He was also going to tighten up the lines on my CANpat/MARpat digital microfractile hybrid cammo BDUs.

I stopped by the gas station to top off my H2.

My “mission” tonight was to meet a fellow Mall Ninja to discuss a consulting job at the newest open mall being built in the area. We would be going over sniper and automatic grenade launcher positions on the blueprints.

I was about 10 minutes early when I pulled up to Starbucks. I had a yen for a venti Marble Mocha Macchiato. I grabbed my cup ‘o joe using my Starbucks Visa and proceeded outside to wait for my bud, Trevor.

This is On-Star, can I help you?

I was leaning against my fine ride marveling at how those crafty GM engineers could make a Tahoe look so good. Trevor would get wood when he saw my fine ride (that was part of the second mission this evening).

My romantic dreams were interrupted by the distinctive crack of 5.56mm flying past my head. My venti Marble Mocha Macchiato was less fortunate. It took one to the center mass but was holding up surprisingly well with just a clean .22 cal entrance and exit wound. The mocha dribbled down my hand on to the hood of my yellow H2. Some got on my Banana Republic chinos which really pissed me off.

At this point, I fell back on my training and instinct. I swung around, brought up my G37, activated On-Star with my weak hand through the open driver’s window, and rolled to the back of the H2. I fired a couple rounds of suppressive fire as I opened the back of my Hummer. One round struck what appeared to be one of three attackers in the thigh, ripping his leg clean off. Who could ask for more? .45 power in a frame that fits my small, well lotioned hands. Score: Mall Ninjas 1, tangos O.

As I opened the rear hatch I heard the strangely cheerful yet concerned voice of my On-Star representative, “This is On-Star, can I help you.” I also saw Trevor in his blue Mini, sliding it up into a tight, yet accomodating space a few spots down. He could tell something was amiss.

I screamed to the On-Star chick, “Girlfriend—this is Mall Ninja Lance, I’ve got an 11-99, REPEAT, 11-99!!!”

“What”

“Call the mall SWAT team, we need urgent assistance. Multiple tangos firing on our position.

“Have you run out of gas—what are those loud noises? I’m sending an assistance vehicle out right away.”

Those fools

Trevor and I both removed our ARs from their tactical cases, extended the M93 stocks, clipped on our QD 1 point slings, turned on our Aimpoints and brought them up with the aid of our VFGs to return fire. While we were readying our carbines, we both were hit with 5.56 rounds to the neck and upper thorax, thankfully they went in and out cleanly without hurting us at all.

I flipped my 3X magnifier to the side of my rail and put the 2 mil dot on the COM of one of the tangos, and squeezed off a hammer from the KAC match trigger. The carbine barely moved as the Endine buffer soaked up the recoil. With both eyes still open on the target, I saw him literally explode as my new 6.8 SPC nytrillium Extreme Shock round vaporized him. What was once an angry tango, was now a red cloud illuminate by the parking lot lights. That teaches those fools—taking a varmint round to a gun fight! Mall Ninjas 2, Tangos 0.

Hummer H2

Just then a minivan with more tangos pulled into the parking lot. Trevor moved in a low-ready position to my H2, turning briefly to triple-tap a tango, as he climbed in the back. I moved up to the drivers seat and sped out of there. While we were Mall Ninjas, we weren’t invincible. Mall Ninjas 3, Tangos 0.

I heard Trevor’s carbine bolt lock back as he fired into the crowd of tangos. “Give me a mag!!!” he shouted. I fumbled the mag and it fell to the floor. Thankfully the super slick teflon coated mag slid along the carpeting to the back of the H2, to Trevor’s strong, eagerly waiting hand.

I scraped the Tahoe frame of my 8500 lb. H2 as we drove over curbs on our way out of the mall parking lot. The tangos were racing after us. 5.56mm rounds were slicing through our vehicle, as if we cared. Just then a round struck my gas tank. The few ounces left in the tank dripped out onto the asphalt and my H2’s Tahoe engine went silent.

M107

We rolled to a stop, about 500yds. away from the terrorists trying to find their way out of the parking lot. We only had a minute to resolve this situation before they’d be right on top of us. Trevor smiled at me as he pulled my long, heavy barreled rifle out of its tight, form fitting Pelican case. It was a M107, or Barrett M82A1 to you civilians. He handed it to me as I climbed onto the roof of the Hummer, extending the bipod legs. I pulled back on the charging handle a bit to feel for the Extreme Shock .50 BMG cartridge in front of the bolt. I flipped up the lens covers on my Unertl illuminated reticle scope and aimed right for the driver racing toward us.

The 600 grain round screamed from the barrel, covering the distance in a millisecond. The last thing the tangos saw was a subtle flash from the roof of my H2.

The round entered the driver’s CNS, causing a massive disruption of his internal cellular structure. The nytrillium cyclone entering his cranium and caused a fission like reaction, instantly atomizing his body and the body of every tango in the vehicle. The minivan rolled to a stop against a curb, the interior glass covered in a fine, red mist. After insuring there was no movement in the target vehicle with his thermal/NV hybrid spotting scope, Trevor gave me a high five. They messed with the wrong mall Ninjas. Mall Ninjas 10, Tangos 0.

Aftermath

The On-Star support vehicle finally arrived and topped off my H2. Trevor and I then headed back to my place where we cleaned out our bores and found lovely uses for warm BreakFree LP.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:38:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Wow, that sounds like Spiff... but his poison is a tripple shot venti iced latte with soy milk.  I am probably missing something there... Spiff could probably give you a better idea of the specialty coffee he prefers

Tactical Sign Language:

Beware: Spiff on throne.  Expect extended down time..  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:51:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, that sounds like Spiff... but his poison is a tripple shot venti iced latte with soy milk.  I am probably missing something there... Spiff could probably give you a better idea of the specialty coffee he prefers.  

Dude, get it right.......it's four shots.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:17:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Alright guys.....I'm gonna have to confiscate all your Extreme Shock ammo
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:33:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Just pointing out that we have our own mall ninja in training.  

Tactical Sign Language:

Beware: Spiff up wind.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:23:45 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
,... but we are all AR cleaning fools!! Well, 'cept JR .

It's true, and yet mine go and go and go while yours...well...you know about yours.

Luckypunk:  Critter killing on Saturday?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:33:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Spiff:  What can you tell me about the 8mm Mauser round and the Turkish 8mm Mauser rifles?  I was looking on ammoman.com and he has ammo for $99/900rnds.

BTW:  I sold an Explorer I've had for sale for a while and now have playing money.  I think part of it is going to go to an ACOG!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:26:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SM

I'd be happy to take a look at that FAL for you if you like.  I've torn into quite a few of them and know the insides pretty well.

That'd be sweet AZ.  I'll let my buddy know.  we have been trying to get out to a shoot with you guys for weeks now.  maybe this next one will work out.  His FAL isn't an FN but just a FN clone.  it has the adjustable gas system and he had it turned up but it verywell may have been dirty.  it isn't much to look at but if he can get it working, he'll be a happy dude.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:30:10 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you buy individual boxes or a case?  If you picked up a case what did you end up paying?

if you buy that american eagle form sportsmans, buy it in the individual boxes.  they have a 200rd (10 boxes) "value pack" for $50.  value pack my ass!  buy 10 individual boxes @ $4 and save yourself $10.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:40:06 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Shortmag...
That's awesome you're reloading for the 300WSM, I'd be interested in shooting & seeing them group.

That's good If you can shoot a new AR and not have any shortstrokes.  maybe try some wolf if you want to practice failure drills

You should shoot w/ an A2 stock if you want to hear the sproing

Don't go all "mallninja" just yet with your new gun.  Shoot a lot with the irons untill you can pick off squirrels @ long yardages (the front pin will cover the little bastards) in the meantime, make it to a couple of our shoots, cause we have ACOG, Aimpoint, EOtech &  variable powers to test out and see which one you like.

I'd be up for some shooting this sat/sun, and will probly have the AR in the work truck later in the week for some after 5 fun if the weather is good.

ETA:  Thanks for the heads up jollyroger.  I will look seriously as It's a good price/sale on a vest, just got to find "the one"

Oh, and what's your sched. for going squirreling? (soon)

Yeah i was quite pleased that i didn't have any failures.

Wolf ammo is for my SKS, not my AR!

I would be very interested in trying some of your guy's different sights before i buy one of my own.  i was thinking of just adding one on top of my carry handle for now so i can keep my irons.  maybe get a cheaper red dot to try first to see if i'm even going to like before i go dropping $250+ for holo sight.

this weekend might work for me.  it'd be sunday tho if it does work.  and i'm all for some critter huntin.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:45:05 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Spiff:  What can you tell me about the 8mm Mauser round and the Turkish 8mm Mauser rifles?  I was looking on ammoman.com and he has ammo for $99/900rnds.

I just got an e-mail from MidwayUSA for some surplus yugo 8mm ammo. 196gr berdan primed and corrosive.  900rds for $70.  i'm assuming there will still be shipping charges but it might still be cheaper than ammoman.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:05:55 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

BTW:  I sold an Explorer I've had for sale for a while and now have playing money.  I think part of it is going to go to an ACOG!!

Well, ballistically it's on par (maybe a bit less) than the .30-06. Most of the ammo that gets imported into the US is corrosive, which means you need to clean the barrel out with Windex or another neutralizing agent fairly soon after shooting.  The corrosive properties come from the composition of the primers, and it's corrosive because the acids created (by shooting) are hydroscopic, which means they trap moisture against the barrel and *will* rust it ASAP. Most people who shoot the imported ammo say it's not a big deal, but you *must* clean the barrel out right after shooting with first Windex (because of the ammonia) and then regular bore cleaners.

I think Boise Gun Company has some Turkish Mauser's. I haven't seen any that were in really good condition. Best get yourself some headspace gauges if your going to buy one and make sure they are safe to shoot. If you want, I can bring my German K98 Mauser out and let you shoot it. I had it out once before. It's also 8mm (8x57mm).

One thing to make sure of is what ammo your Mauser really shoots. The Turkish rifles (as well as my K98) most probably shoot the "JS" series ammo which is .323 in caliber. There are some rifles that shoot the earlier "J" series that is .318 caliber. Getting them mixed up is kind of like the .223/5.56 thing. Shooting the .318 in a .323 bore will only result in poor accuracy, but shooting the .323 in a .318 is potentially a bad thing!! ('cause of increased pressures)

I would think that most Turkish Mausers would be JS or .323.

Also, it could be that the best thing to do is check online at some of the C&R dealers and get one that they will hand select. Thats what I did with my K98, it's frickin in primo condition (Russians grabbed it in WWII). Still has the Nazi markings on it and all. A lot of the K98s don't have the German Reich markings on them anymore because some dork has ground them off. Idiots.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:11:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I just got an e-mail from MidwayUSA for some surplus yugo 8mm ammo. 196gr berdan primed and corrosive.  900rds for $70.  i'm assuming there will still be shipping charges but it might still be cheaper than ammoman.

Now what have I told you guys about buying Berdan primed ammo? You must remember to get Boxer primed ammo, Berdan is not reloadable (Well actually it is (if you can find the primers). It's just a PIA to deprime).
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:28:55 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
It's true, and yet mine go and go and go while yours...well...you know about yours.

What an ugly rumor to start!!

I have very little trouble with my AR's at all.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:58:13 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now what have I told you guys about buying Berdan primed ammo? You must remember to get Boxer primed ammo, Berdan is not reloadable (Well actually it is (if you can find the primers). It's just a PIA to deprime).

Yeah but at that price it'd be plinkin ammo and then you wouldn't have to worry about tryin to find all the brass.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:59:14 PM EDT
[#25]
So those of you who are members of photobucket.com and the other online hosting sites. Do you think you noticed an increase in SPAM, etc. after you joined?

I was thinking of joining one, but I detest unsolicited email. I'm of a mind that nothing is free, and if your not paying for the service, they are making money somehow...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:03:26 PM EDT
[#26]
I havent noticed any spam and I've been using photobucket for quite a while now.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:53:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Tinypic and putfile= 0%spam
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:52:20 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Tinypic and putfile= 0%spam

Tinypic worked great. Used it to post a pic to extxdpscamaro's thread about new purchases (which it wasn't ).

Only problem I had was the first pic of my M4gery that I uploaded was > 1 meg and it wouldn't display. Backed off, resized it to something more manageable (~ 400k IIRC) and it worked fine.

Thanks for the tips!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Take the LuckyPunk Mall Ninja test and find out if you are a Mall Ninja or not?

Are you a Mall Ninja!

I scored 51%... is that a good thing???

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#30]
I got a 53%......
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:34:05 PM EDT
[#31]
THIS has JR written all over it..........actually, it might even have Spiff written all over it!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:30:02 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
THIS has JR written all over it..........actually, it might even have Spiff written all over it!!

Yes it does!!  I have been waiting for the cash to put together an AR using one of those barrels, in particular the 16" midlength and the 14.5" M4.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:03:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Weather looks to be taking a crap on us for shooting tomorrow

if it's clear sunday maybe then?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:16:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Sunday sounds good.  Talking about the Nylon 66 makes me want to shoot the little nylon bolt .22 I have.  Plus I still want to burn up some .223.

I'm thirsty, how about a beer call?  Anyone up for a trip to Hooters for some beer and BS?  Tonight?  Saturday?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm thinking I wouldnt be able to make it anyway.

BTW:  I went to Boise Gun Co. today and picked up some ammo.  They always have two types of American Eagle .223; Both 55gr FMJ Boat-Tail ammo, but the boxes are different sizes.  Before I had been buying the bigger boxes.  This is the Lake City brassed stuff.  Well today I decided to buy the smaller box.  It was only $3 cheaper for the what I thought was the same stuff.  However once I got it home and opened it up I noticed two things.  One the brass on the rounds from the smaller box is not LC brass.  And two the bullet it self seems shorter.  I compared two of the rounds together and the non LC stuff is definitely shorter.

So how does that work?  I know bullet lengths will differ with different weights of bullets (75gr is way longer than a 50gr.)

No biggie really, I'll shoot it just the same as anything else.  I'm just curious about two rounds where the boxes say exactly the same thing are different.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Jollyroger, Did you pull a round to see if they are actually shorter?  

I'd be up for some B&B* later tonight but I got to spend time with the family for a bit.
*Beer & Bullshit
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#37]
How do you pull a round?  Just pliers?

I could go for some B&B also.  But tonight is "date night".  After dinner and a quick Wal Mart (ammo) run I might jump on here to see if anyone else is still in.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:46:05 PM EDT
[#38]
I scored a 34 % Mall Ninja Personae!

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:41:03 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I scored a 34 % Mall Ninja Personae!

Thats 'cause you lied.....

I won't make it to B&BS tonight. Hanging with the family ( all three released Harry Potters in one night, setting the stage for Tuesday........snore , but the kids like 'em. )
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#40]
I am 48% Mallninja...I could do better

I've pulled bullets just by inserting the bullet an empty (case mouth to case mouth) for leverage and reefing on them.  Wolf cases work good for this, it hardly buggers the bullet
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:20:57 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
So how does that work?  I know bullet lengths will differ with different weights of bullets (75gr is way longer than a 50gr.)

It also has to do with the amount of copper jacketing compared to lead core. I've found while trying to duplicate mil-spec rounds for my Garand that pulled military bullets have thicker copper jackets/nose area than commercial, while commercial has more lead. This allows the military round to be the same weight as commercial, but longer. I haven't yet found *any* commercial 150 grain bullets that are as long as the 150 grain military bullets I've looked at. Of course I haven't look at every different bullet there is.**

** But my quest has caused me to look at many!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Hhhmmm...I dont think I have any empty cases laying around.  

So anybody still up for the B&B session?

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:54:42 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm up for some beer.  Always ready to offer up some BS.  I posted my cell number on the hdi forum.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:21:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Ooops, I didnt see your post jsandfort,.  Looks like I'm staying in with the old battle ax tonight.  We'll all have to have a brew sometime soon.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Haha.  No worries.  There's always tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Yo Spiff!!  Check your IM.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:43:31 PM EDT
[#47]
I gonna get some shooting in tomorrow.  Just the AR and some varmint rounds kind of thing

Also I got access to all the free phone books I want for ballistics testing.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Have a good one.  I'm going to be sleeping

What's up with the Boiseans?  It's been pretty quiet here lately, did you all decide to start up a stamp collection?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:58:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Nah, working & studying my 1000+ page books for that board examination I take in Boston next month.  Shooting budget's dried up a little b/c my new car payments are coming due, also had to replace my bicycle & get one for the mrs.

BTW, I got 42% on the mall ninja test.  Not uber-tacticool, but I do carry a Surefire & fast-opening knife almost all the time (even @ work).
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:22:09 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Nah, working & studying my 1000+ page books for that board examination I take in Boston next month.  Shooting budget's dried up a little b/c my new car payments are coming due, also had to replace my bicycle & get one for the mrs.

Ok, you're excused.  Everybody else??
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top