Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 2/16/2006 4:51:58 PM EDT
Eventually and hopefully in the next few years, I was contemplating on moving out to Idaho.  Just curious to how gun friendly they are, the genral disposistion of the people, housing costs(on avg), jobs and all that good stuff......Figured I'd pick your brains before doing any hardcore research. What say you people of Idaho?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:00:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Stay in FL

In Idaho, it's IMPOSSIBLE to find Quality Hookers and Blow.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:21:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Stay in FL

In Idaho, it's IMPOSSIBLE to find Quality Hookers and Blow.

lol...well i cna live without prostitutes and blow
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Idaho is the shit as far as gun laws go, compared to some of the more restrictive states.

But other than gun laws, what make Idaho attractive to a Floridian, (I'm asking YOU!)
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:20:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, the real question is why?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:47:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I have family in FL and from what I know the gun laws there are pretty decent, ( I know they allow Class III there).  In fact as I recall FL was one of the first states to have a right to carry law for CCW permits.  Plus you won't find the tons of hot babes in bikini's like you do in Miami or Ft Lauderdale.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:22:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
what make Idaho attractive to a Floridian, (I'm asking YOU!)

I have some family over there, and pretty much want to go somewhere a lil more laid back and slower paced. Down here people are moving in at a fast rate, Miami/Ft:aud just had a hug e housing boom, so prices are ridiculous now. I'd like to move into a rural area, and i'd like it to stay more or less that way. i don't want to be surrounded by comdos in 10yrs.......so I assume idaho doesn't have people flocking there in droves like fla does.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:19:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
what make Idaho attractive to a Floridian, (I'm asking YOU!)

I have some family over there, and pretty much want to go somewhere a lil more laid back and slower paced. Down here people are moving in at a fast rate, Miami/Ft:aud just had a hug e housing boom, so prices are ridiculous now. I'd like to move into a rural area, and i'd like it to stay more or less that way. i don't want to be surrounded by comdos in 10yrs.......so I assume idaho doesn't have people flocking there in droves like fla does.

Pretty much the very same reasons I left Arizona.  You'll like it here.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:21:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Although...people are flocking here at a descent rate.  Seems that there was an edict published in California telling them all to move here.  As a result, the housing prices aren't near as cheap as they used to be.  New houses are going for $140 to $170 a square foot in the Boise area.  More remote areas will get around $120 / square foot.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:22:25 PM EDT
[#9]
how is the sun valley area? My uncle I think has an apartment there and a tranch somewhere up in the mountains or something
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:25:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
how is the sun valley area? My uncle I think has an apartment there and a tranch somewhere up in the mountains or something

Bruce Willis owns it from what I've heard.  I do believe it is more expensive than the Boise area.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:06:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

You must have lots of $. A million wont buy much in that whole valley.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:04:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I didn't know there were gun laws in Idaho?   People seem to shoot where and whenever they want.  Easy sign off for Title IIs.  More land out here than you can ever explore in a lifetime.  I can travel 10 minutes to hunt...50 lakes within a 1/2 hour...If I hunt in two zones I can start in Sept and go through Dec ...  
 Prices for homes  up here (Panhandle)are going up pretty fast...Mine went up by 90K in less than 2 years...My kid's doubled in a year = he's close to Coeurd'Alene lake...Plenty of Californians coming up here to buy investment property...
 no industry...no jobs if you are working uness you want a great career in espresso booth serving... Blackrock country club is $130,000. a year dues.  Fancy million dollar homes going up and selling quick (but they are made of glue board and sawdust board just the same).  
 I moved up here in '83 and lived where I could grouse hunt 5 minute walk away...went to Boise for 10 years and didn't like it as much so came back up here...
 One thing for certain, you won't have to put up cockroaches.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:11:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
One thing for certain, you won't have to put up cockroaches.  

But you may need to spray for black widows & hobo spiders, depending on your location.  We found an infestation in the house we just bought.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top