Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 2/7/2006 7:49:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:15:13 AM EDT
[#1]
That's one funny looking gun, I couldnt even see where the bullets come out?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:35:55 AM EDT
[#2]
What do you suppose is the lift capacity on that little bad boy?

Think it could lift a bottle of...say...tannerite?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What do you suppose is the lift capacity on that little bad boy?

Think it could lift a bottle of...say...tannerite?

I don't think he needs any ideas.....

Just remember Ryfter, you bomb us with your plane and we get to shoot back at it.

Actually I think you should let us shoot at it anyway. I mean what are the odds that we'd hit it? And even if we did it would just punch small holes in it. We could make a rule that AZ can only use his weapons if the happy switch isn't on "high". You know we are not *really* going to hit it and the odds of actually hitting something like the motor are far higher than the fuselage or wings..................what do ya think?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually, I have been discussing something like that.  But, I am really not too keen about you shooting my plane.  I know the chances of hitting anything CRITICAL is pretty low, but it is still my plane!  I could probably pick something up for like $50ish, with esc, motor, everything. (used).  That may be the way to do things.  

As for the lift capasity, that is a small helo, so it would not be great.  I know that larget ones mount some decent camera equipment on them.  The trouble with a heli, though, is they are VERY tough to fly.  An airplane is FAR easier to fly.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:43:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I did a bit of RC flying for a couple years while I was out of work on disability.  It was a good way to pass a few hours of the day.  Never tried Helos though as like Ryfter said, they are harder to fly.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#6]
What I keep wondering about, is something like braided, high strength fishing line (what they use for deep-sea fishing) with a Tow-behind target.  I am thinking 2 feet long, in a + type shape.  Get a square piece of balsa and glue on some fan-fold foam.  I just wonder about the drag on something like that... and the stability of the tow-behind.  

I ordered a brushless motor and ESC this week, so I have the parts needed to make the EZ* you all saw, go even faster.  Add a larger prop, and I would get more thrust... which means, it could "carry, or pull" more.  :-)  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:03:34 PM EDT
[#7]
What we need to do is make some of those cheap big styrofoam planes like the use at the big shoots to blast at.

Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top