Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#1]
You're sober?

For the people shooting tomorrow what's the plan?  Shell @ 10, and do we have a head count?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:28:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I know what ya mean, Jollyroger

i1.tinypic.com/nl4rgg.jpg

Nice, is that the Benelli? What model is it again?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You're sober?

For the people shooting tomorrow what's the plan?  Shell @ 10, and do we have a head count?

So far only you and I have said anything about going. Lets bump it to 12 if we end up going.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:18:31 PM EDT
[#4]
THAT, My friends is an NIB oldschool Super Black Eagle 12 gauge 24" autobanger  They aren't made with this furniture anymore,  I like it better than the SBEII, which uses a gel cheekpeice,  fat gel pad on the buttstock and gel in a dotted line down through it to reduce recoil.....WAY too much gel on a shotgun I say.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:04:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

So far only you and I have said anything about going. Lets bump it to 12 if we end up going.

(raises hand)
OOH
OOH
ME
ME
ME

I'm up for going, talked another guy into taking call.  He'll get paid instead of me, so I'd better shoot to make it worthwhile.  It's better for me if you can push it to at least 10:30, since I got to Boise Gun just after they closed tonight.  They open @ 10 tomorrow, and that would give me time to grab a case of Wolf.  At $130/1k, it will be dirty, stinky fun for my new AR.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:14:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey sleepdr.

I think I found Glocks special sauce.

It has a -65F to +1800F temprature rating and a Milspec#
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I'ts a bit more expensive (ok, a bit more than a bit) but Sportsmans Warehouse has WWB .223 62 grain for 4.89 per 20.

10:30 is ok with me. A bit later would be even better. How about 11 or 11:30?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:23:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
THAT, My friends is an NIB oldschool Super Black Eagle 12 gauge 24" autobanger  They aren't made with this furniture anymore,  I like it better than the SBEII, which uses a gel cheekpeice,  fat gel pad on the buttstock and gel in a dotted line down through it to reduce recoil.....WAY too much gel on a shotgun I say.

Yeah, very nice dude. I kind of like the black one though. So what did it run? $1100? How many rounds does the mag hold and are there aftermarket (or Benelli) upgrades so the mag will hold even more?

Hmmm, I wonder if Susan would get to pissed if I................
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:28:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hey sleepdr.

I think I found Glocks special sauce.

i1.tinypic.com/nla1pg.jpg

It has a -65F to +1800F temprature rating and a Milspec#

Is the milspec rating for it's lubricative properties? Because I've never known anti-seize compounds to be really good at lubrication even though they all say "Lubricant" on the containers.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:38:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Luckypunk, I ought to get some of that stuff & put it back on my Glock.  Maybe then it'd seem new to me, provided I ignore that nasty gouge in the frame and the marks on the slide.

Spiff, I'm good with pretty much any time you guys want to go.  Please, and thanks in advance if I can hitch a ride once the road becomes too much for my girly car.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:47:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Jet-lube

KOPR-KOTE®
High Temperature Anti-Seize
A premium combination of copper flake and graphite dispersed in a water-resistant grease and fortified with JET-LUBE's EP additive package. KOPR-KOTE provides a "copper shield" that eliminates metal-to-metal contact to prevent seizure, galling and corrosion as well as lowering friction and reducing wrench torque to facilitate assembly and disassembly of threaded connections. Will not run, drip or settle out and is not affected by contraction, expansion or vibration.
Sizes: 1/4 lb, 1/2 lb, 1 lb, 2 lb, 12 oz, aerosol
Service Rating: -65 degrees F (-54 degrees C) to 1800 degrees F (982 degrees C)

I went with the camo, like on the 300WSM because I think of it as more of a tool for hunting, not so much of...dare I say it...... a toy,  like the AR & Glock

That,  and the fact that It was the last one at Sportsmans (on the closeout rack)

Ishould say it was NIB

Did a job out in Homedale today and she rode along.   jumped a Big covey of quail along the river.  I will spend a good deal of time patterning it sunday, and if anyone want to shoot clays.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Cool, video podcast from SHOT.   http://mattburkett.com/podcast/podcast.xml

I was going there, to find his lube... but I don't see it, off hand.  I have some of that stuff.  Seems pretty good.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:22:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Going to crash for the night.  What say ye on tomorrow's time to meet for the shoot?  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:37:36 PM EDT
[#14]
JR, Sleepdr, let's meet at 11 ok? We can shoot up till about 4 or so.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:42:19 PM EDT
[#15]
11 works for me.  I'll check here in the morning to be sure.  I'll be mostly shooting pistols since my AR's are fasting until payday.

Shell as always I presume?

I'll give you a ride down sleepdr., I only ask that you let me fondle your DD rail

Luckypunk, HennyBogan, are you going tomorrow?  

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:59:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Ok everyone, lets meet at 1130!! I have a few odds and ends to take care of in the morning. So 11:30 at the Shell Station.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:05:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I'll give you a ride down sleepdr., I only ask that you let me fondle your DD rail

That Georgia Satellites' song just started going through my mind...
"My honey my babe, don't put my love upon no shelf.
She said, 'Don't gimme no lines, and keep yo hands to yoself.'"

So 11:30 now?  No prob.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:08:50 PM EDT
[#18]
It's not looking good for me to make it, and if I did I'd have my Kid
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:13:58 PM EDT
[#19]
11:30 it is.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:23:41 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You're sober?

So is it 10 or 12 at the Shell station for Sunday?

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:18:41 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
So is it 10 or 12 at the Shell station for Sunday?

It's still 10 for Sunday. Unless everyone wants to bump it back a bit.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:59:16 AM EDT
[#22]
I'll be there on Sunday.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:51:32 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Hmmmm... it looks like the Home shopping network (in the UK) got its hands on some AK47s.  Check it out!

That was different.  Someone had a lot 0f time on their hands to put that one together.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Don't forget to bring LOTS of ammo tomorrow guys.  I just got my M4 all put back together and need to run a bunch of ammo through it to make sure it's good to go.  Of course donations to the AZ_Gun_Nut ammo fund are always welcome.  

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:14:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Have fun, gang.  Wish I could be there tomorrow.  Stay safe on the drive in & out -I want to hang out with you guys socially and not b/c you are coming to my hospital.

AZ, thanks for clarifying the manufacturing info in the other thread.  That was the area I was unclear about - whether demo letters are needed for in-house manufactured stuff (for T&E) in addition to post samples.

ETA: Spiff, jollyroger: thanks for the ride & for a good day of shooting.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:05:53 PM EDT
[#26]
First, it was fun meeting you guys and talking about the LLC.  Now, it does looks like I can spend some time burning powder on Sunday.  If I can't be at the Shell at 10:00 I'll just see you at the range.  I think I'll only be bringing an AR and a bunch of ammo I want to use up (time to cycle in some newer/better stuff).
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:23:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
First, it was fun meeting you guys and talking about the LLC.  Now, it does looks like I can spend some time burning powder on Sunday.  If I can't be at the Shell at 10:00 I'll just see you at the range.  I think I'll only be bringing an AR and a bunch of ammo I want to use up (time to cycle in some newer/better stuff).

jsandfort, do you have anyones cell #? Because the last time we went out we decided to go out to the NG range and shoot and not Blacks Creeks.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:15:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks Spiff.  See you tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:37:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

It was good to meet you too.  Have fun tomorrow guys...one of these days I'll just eat it and come out for a bit.  Oh well, I've got to stay up late tonight, I've got researching to do

BTW:  While we were out shooting today my upper receiver was delivered!  I mocked up the barrel to the receiver and it looks great, the M4 cuts and extension match perfectly.  All I need now is to order a few more tools, handguards, bolt/carrier/CH, and a sight and I'm in business.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Here's the group photo from today as well as the links to the videos we took.

Videos from today's shoot.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:56:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Once again, a good shoot, Thanks Guys.

5/20/2006 5/21/2006 Lewis Clark Trader Gun Show Lewis Clark Trader, 208 746-5555 South Expo

I wonder if that # will get us the info for cost on a "booth"

Maybe start small. ammo, parts, used guns, a few new select guns. after establishment, start in with the CIII
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:58:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Love that HK.

So when can everyone meet to talk about the LLC again? Tomorrow night (Monday)? Thursday night?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Good times.  Thanks for posting those vids AZ, they look good.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:23:00 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

5/20/2006 5/21/2006 Lewis Clark Trader Gun Show Lewis Clark Trader, 208 746-5555 South Expo

I'll call tomorrow and find out. If that number does not work, a call the the Idaho Fair grounds people probably will. One thing to remember is that before we get a booth, we need something to sell. And that will entail an outlay of cash. And we *should* have a functioning LLC before we pool any cash just to keep things on the up and up. Whether or not we are in possession of a C3 or SOT at the time is a another matter.

Maybe start small. ammo, parts, used guns, a few new select guns. after establishment, start in with the CIII

This needs to be a discussion item for the next meeting. Which should be soon for the above reasons.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Tables are $50 each, I have their flyer at home.  A group table would be a good idea.  I'm sure we all have items laying we want to sell off.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:36:03 PM EDT
[#36]
An application and $50 for a 4x8 type?  seems cheap.

As for a name, there is a Snake River Gun & Pawn in my white pages, but not in the yellow.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:34:02 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
An application and $50 for a 4x8 type?  seems cheap.

As for a name, there is a Snake River Gun & Pawn in my white pages, but not in the yellow.

8' tables $50 each, that's pretty reasonable.  Most shows I've been to charge $80 - $100 for a table.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:24:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Nice videos.

Tripwire, how did the "dissipator" shoot?  Looks good.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:53:41 AM EDT
[#39]
I was at Sportsmans yesterday and they had a few boxes of Q3131.  I bought about half of what they had out.

Juat an FYI.

SM
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:47:41 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I was at Sportsmans yesterday and they had a few boxes of Q3131.  I bought about half of what they had out.

Juat an FYI.

SM

What price is it going for?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:10:54 AM EDT
[#41]
$4.89 for a box of 20.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:57:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Is the next shoot this Saturday 2/18?  Fun if yes, but it makes my wallet bleed.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:52:09 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Nice videos.

Tripwire, how did the "dissipator" shoot?  Looks good.

Shoots great!  Wasnt hard at all to build either.... well, if you can get past the whole cutting and grinding down a front sight tower to make a gas block.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:20:28 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Is the next shoot this Saturday 2/18?  Fun if yes, but it makes my wallet bleed.

I'd be up for this Saturday, 10 am at the Shell Station ? I'm going to knock off several different 150 and 168 grain loads for my M1A and see if I can get it to group better at 100 yds.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:04:53 PM EDT
[#45]
I may be up for it, but will be much more frugal with my ammo.  Even WWB gets expensive to fling downrange if I burn through half a case.  Those milk jugs will be safer from me, since my supply is depleted.  Need to check the schedule to make sure it's OK.  Spiff, mind if I try your M1?  Yours was the first .308 I'd ever tried too, and I'm interested in expanding my horizons.

There were only 17 20rd boxes of the Q3131 left at Sportsman's, but I told the guy (with only a little exaggeration) that there are at least a dozen guys that would prefer to buy that stuff over the generic WWB when available.  He thought it was the same as regular .223, but more may be inbound "sometime."
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:55:11 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I may be up for it, but will be much more frugal with my ammo.  Even WWB gets expensive to fling downrange if I burn through half a case.

I'd be willing to bet that if you took AZ's FA's out of the picture, the 3 of us on Saturday went through more ammo than the 7 of us did on Sunday. I put a *serious* dent in a GI ammo can full of .223 Saturday. ETA: This is not a problem though!! I have 3000 make that 2000 55 grain FMJ bullets at home and my 16 pounds of powder just arrived!! Of course, lack of brass is not a issue..........

Shooting those small jugs on the side of that embankment was just to much fun. Check this out. Could be fun!!

And yes you can shoot the M1A (that goes without saying). I take it you meant the M1A, 'cause theres a difference between the M1 Garand and the M1A (civvy version of the M14). But you can shoot the M1 to!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:00:54 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I may be up for it, but will be much more frugal with my ammo.  Even WWB gets expensive to fling downrange if I burn through half a case.

I'd be willing to bet that if you took AZ's FA's out of the picture, the 3 of us on Saturday went through more ammo than the 7 of us did on Sunday. I put a *serious* dent in a GI ammo can full of .223 Saturday. ETA: This is not a problem though!! I have 3000 make that 2000 55 grain FMJ bullets at home and my 16 pounds of powder just arrived!! Of course, lack of brass is not a issue..........

Shooting those small jugs on the side of that embankment was just to much fun. Check this out. Could be fun!!

And yes you can shoot the M1A (that goes without saying). I take it you meant the M1A, 'cause theres a difference between the M1 Garand and the M1A (civvy version of the M14). But you can shoot the M1 to!!

Ouch... $75 each, hope they last a long time?!  But a great idea none the less.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:41:41 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Ouch... $75 each, hope they last a long time?!  But a great idea none the less.

I found a site that has them for $70, but yeah, it's still kind of steep. Which is why I haven't already ordered them. They are supposed to last for thousands of hits though.

BTW everyone, I was on MGM's web site today (they make the steel targets). It does says that if you place the poppers out to 100 yards you are supposed to be able to shoot them with rifles. But it also says you can expect to replace them about every year if you do.

I've been thinking about replacing the steel poppers I have with Colt Speed Plates. They might be bit less hard to hit, while still requiring some semblance of skill. Those skinny little poppers we shoot at now are motherf**kers to try and hit!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:16:37 PM EDT
[#49]
I like the small targets... keep you honest.  

I remember reading about the 100 yards thing,  I didn't remember the distance, but I DID remember you should not shoot them at like 10 feet away with an AR15!!! :-)  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:56:30 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I remember reading about the 100 yards thing,  I didn't remember the distance, but I DID remember you should not shoot them at like 10 feet away with an AR15!!! :-)  

In all fairness, I think it was about 11 feet.  

Good thing my Aimpoint wasn't sighted in, otherwise it'd be more than a little nick in the edge.
Page / 5
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top