Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 3:45:27 PM EDT
I hunt in WI with an M1a.  I am planing a trip to wyoming for mule deer and was wondering if any of you guys knew if there is a mag capacity and/or semi auto rule in Wyo?  Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:54:43 AM EDT
[#1]
There is no law prohibiting the use of a semi-automatic weapon nor does it matter how big your magazine is.  For practicality I don't think I would want more than a 10 round magazine anyways when I am hunting.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:31:27 AM EDT
[#2]
No restrictions - just a reminder to check out the hunting ammo in your M1A as 1. not all commercial ammo is good for your M1A and 2. the lead points will cycle differently than a fmj - which would be unehtical as well as illegal for hunting big game. I use two 5 round mags when hunting as it makes the rifle easier handle all day than a full 10 or 20. .  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:53:44 AM EDT
[#3]
well you guys beat me to it, you are absolutely correct, no restrictions on mag capacity or semi auto, and you caliber is plenty big enough.  No worries!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:49:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No restrictions - just a reminder to check out the hunting ammo in your M1A as 1. not all commercial ammo is good for your M1A and 2. the lead points will cycle differently than a fmj - which would be unehtical as well as illegal for hunting big game. I use two 5 round mags when hunting as it makes the rifle easier handle all day than a full 10 or 20. .  

Yes, I know all of this.  I reload for my 6 garands and my M1a.  I hunt with the rifle in WI where I use a 165 hornady interbond over 43.3 grs of varget.  This will print 1.25 inch groups out of that M1A.  I killed 2 WI deer with it this year.

I normally use the 20 rd mags as I have yet to find a 10 or 5 round mag that won't jam up.  I have a 10 rd mag and it will jab on the last few rounds in the mag.  If anyone knows of a good 5 or 10 rd mag, let me know where to find it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:00:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Colt100 - I did not mean to question your hunting and weapon skills and knowledge. Please accept my apology.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:16:51 AM EDT
[#6]
no problem man,  Thanks man
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top