Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 1:22:04 PM EDT
I am stuck in the new oxford suites right at the interstate split and overland.  Its in a walmart parking lot for god's sakes!  wally world parking on one side and 84 on the other, nice rooms and all, but the location blows goats.

What's a good suite type joint closer to downtown/BSU/greelbelt?  Something on Emerald maybe??  Nothing too sleazy.  Was thinking I will stay here tonight and move for the rest of the week.

Oh, and who ordered this rain?  Its supposed to be 50 and sunny.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:00:02 PM EDT
[#1]
If you go down the connector (I 184 to the middle of Boise), and keep going, pas broadway.  It will kind of bend to the right  and go over the Boise River.  After that, you are on Parkcenter.  RIGHT across from that, is a hotel.  BSU is very close by, and the green belt is along the river you just went over.  

If you like the Mall area, go North on Cole Road, on the left is the mall, just past it, is Emerald.  Take a left (go West) and there is a hotel there, with an indoor pool, if that is your thing.  Good eating nearby is always good.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Red Lion downtown is not too bad.  The decor's aging a little bit, but we found the beds to be pretty good after staying there a half dozen times.  Jump on Priceline & you can nab a spot for closer to $50 than the $125 they usually charge.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:54:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I am going to give the University Inn a try.  Cheaper than here, they take dogs, starbucks and the park/greenbelt across the street.  Stumbling distance to food/beer....

edit:
now if they only had a covered rifle range......
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:15:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd have to throw a late vote in for the AmeriSuites on Milwaukee, they may not be the cheapest but they are right next to Barnes&Nobles and Borders book stores!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:04:12 PM EDT
[#5]
How long are you here?  Got time to meet up and shoot?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:00:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I am heading back Friday.  Hopefully it won't snow the whole damn way, again.  Wish I were here for one of  your shoots.  

I need to brown nose with some of the big-wigs after the meetings.  (I mean highlight important decision support services I have provided management, to those big wigs who might be reading this).

In other news: I am getting out of the .40s&w business.  Anyone shopping for plastic guns or dillon stuff, brass, holsters, mags, 9mm conversion barrel?  Figure I will give my hometown crew a stealth preview.  I haven't put anything in the EE yet.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top