Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 8:34:48 AM EDT
As a part time Idaho resident I wanted to pass along an NRA email I recieved. My e-mail of support has been sent.

IDAHO SHOOTING RANGE UNDER ATTACK

Local anti-gunners have filed suit against the Idaho Department of Fish and Game (IDFG) to stop the agency from making improvements to a public shooting range.  The opponents have asked for a permanent injunction not only to prevent IDFG from making improvements to the range, but to prevent the agency from using the property as a shooting range.

The Farragut Shooting Range was built in 1942 for the Farragut Naval Training Center in support of the war effort. The base was decommissioned after the war and came into IDFG ownership in 1950, and has been in continuous use as a public range since that time. The range has hosted state championship competitions, international handgun metallic silhouette competitions, cowboy action events, hunter education classes, hunter sight-in days, youth and ladies shooting clinics, and individual shooters.

The agency's plan is to make long-needed improvements, but not to expand the range as the opponents claim.  The opponents contend that there is no local support for the range.

IDFG NEEDS YOUR HELP, especially from state residents, and those living in the Spokane, Wash.- area.  Letters of support should be addressed to David Leptich, Regional Wildlife Habitat Biologist, 2750 Kathleen Avenue, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho 83815.  Mr. Leptich's e-mail address is:  [email protected].

IDFG needs to hear from both individual shooters and organized shooters who can have one of their officers write a letter, reference the size of their membership, and voice support for the project.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:13:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the info BigBang, it urks me to no end everytime I hear of a range coming under attack for closure.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:18:06 PM EDT
[#2]
You can bet your ass that the "local anti gunners" are not long time Idaho residents. This is a perfect example of what we were talking about in the "Question about Idaho" thread. People moving here and then trying to change it for the "better".

I'll get an email off to the IDFG guy.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:52:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Oi!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:45:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You can bet your ass that the "local anti gunners" are not long time Idaho residents. This is a perfect example of what we were talking about in the "Question about Idaho" thread. People moving here and then trying to change it for the "better".

I'll get an email off to the IDFG guy.

+1
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top