User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I want to move to Idaho!

15 more years though till I can retire.  Damn.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:00:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I want to move to Idaho!

15 more years though till I can retire.  Damn.

Why wait 15 years maddog_enigma?  Hell I escaped from NY 8 years ago and never looked back.  Went to Arizona first which was so nice but the illegals and over crowding got to me.  Idaho is where I should have come in the first place.  Hell I retire in 15 years too, but damn it I'm going to have some fun on the way there!

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:09:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, but I'm a fireman and getting a job as a fireman isn't like just putting an application in.  

15 years from now I'll have my pension and still be young enough to enjoy living free.

Something to look forward to.

However, if the Boise FD is hiring NYC firemen, let me know!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:09:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yeah, but I'm a fireman and getting a job as a fireman isn't like just putting an application in.  

15 years from now I'll have my pension and still be young enough to enjoy living free.

Something to look forward to.

However, if the Boise FD is hiring NYC firemen, let me know!

Take a peek here and see what there might be available.
Idaho State Government Jobs

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:54:39 AM EDT
[#5]
so is idaho better than MT?  Jobs are not a  real issue I only care about gun laws.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:24:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm just pipe dreaming.  For some reason, even though I've never been to your great state I have always somehow longed to be there, very strange.  It's like a calling.  I know Boise is the biggest city, but for some unexplained reason, I feel drawn to the Panhandle.  What's better, Boise area or Coeur d'alene?  <--- And how is that pronounced?

But reality:  I can't leave my job.  My wife refuses to move anywhere that is not south of NY.

Personally, I'd love to go.  My dream is to have a nice log home near mountains and lakes (or streams).  I want to be able to shoot off my back deck into woods.  I love snow.  I love shoveling it and driving in it.  I could never live in a warm area.

I'd love to raise my little girl in a nice area.  Without sounding racist, let's just say I was checking out the demographics of Idaho and I like what I saw.  I'm soooo worried about her growing up in New York.  The people and the politics around here are horrible.  There are so few like-minded people I can relate to.

Who knows, the Lord works in wonderous ways.  Through whatever turn of events I could find myself out there someday.  We shall see.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
so is idaho better than MT?  Jobs are not a  real issue I only care about gun laws.

I'd say other than the little MT machine gun thingy, at least the wording, both states are equally kind to gun owners. If you are a hunter, MT has the edge.

Jobs, I'd give it to ID.

Cost of living, both are getting out of hand. Everyone wants a home on a lake in the mountains. They like the trees too. Not that we are as forested as the east coast but still, southern ID is a desert so it don't take a lot of trees to make a difference. Same thing is happening to MT for the same reasons. Western MT is attractive, eastern MT is UGLY. Well, on the surface anyway. The desert prarie country is awsome if you slow down and look a little closer. BUT DON"T RUIN IT DAMMIT!!!

I got so many neighbors this year it isn't funny. The home valuation on my tax assessment doubled last year!

Good luck with your decison.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top