Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 1/13/2006 6:14:24 PM EDT
This video was from one of our big shoots back in Arizona.  Do we have anything like this happening here in Idaho?

Right click and save to your desktop, this sucker is 80mb in size.  Sorry if you're on dial up guys, get someone to download it for you.

Click here for the video

The guy doing the UZI dump is me.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:13:02 PM EDT
[#1]
THese Guys have full auto shoots.  

Sweet Vid.  Especially the Hottie in jeans shooting the M4/Halo.  

So are you the one that dumps the G18 also?

BTW  If the "hottie" I was refering to above happens to be your wife/GF/sister ect.......Spiff told me to say that.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#2]
So how fun was it to shoot that cannon??
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:38:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes I was shooting the G18 as well.  

No the hottie isn't my wife, she works for a a gun store by the name of Arizona Tactical Firearms who's a class III dealer.  Go here and click on the links for videos and you'll find some labeled for Amanda (the hottie).  www.arizonatacticalfirearms.com/

The cannon was a hoot to fire.  It cost me $50 to do it which is about half of what a loaded round costs the owner.  he only let 7 of us shoot it seeing how he ate the extra cost of the rounds.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:07:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I hope we dont bore you.

Uhh, uhh,  Luckypunk can bumpfire really well...that's almost as cool.

No offense Luckypunk, Spiff told me to say that.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:07:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
BTW  If the "hottie" I was refering to above happens to be your wife/GF/sister ect.......Spiff told me to say that.

Hmmm.......Spiff doesn't remember saying anything like that......but ya never know!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:14:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Well I hope we dont bore you...

Werd-

Looks like we'll have to step-up
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:14:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No offense Luckypunk, Spiff told me to say that.

Don't you guys have a home to go to? Well back to prepping brass.

BTW, fun video (she was a hottie, actually there were several there I think!!).
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:16:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Spiff, Spiff, Spiff...this is our home!\

Are you going to be reloading plenty of 9mm?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:21:56 PM EDT
[#9]
AZ_Gun_Nut, the Idaho Automatic Weapons Collectors Association will more than likely have a booth at the gun show this weekend (at the fairgrounds).

Jollyroger!! Prepping .223 right now (damn little brass is hard on the fingers). I'll do 9mm next week, it doesn't take near the work as rifle brass.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:31:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Gotcha.  I need to get me some ammo for the 28th.  I shot probably 75% of the Wolf I had last time.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:21:51 AM EDT
[#11]
11pm and you're posting/prepping brass.  Don't you guys ever go to bed?

I'm stuck at work all day; please let me know if they have anything cool & reasonably priced at the gunshow.  I'm looking specifically, and would appreciate your keeping an eye out for:
Magazines - only have a 20rd Colt. $25 at Cliff's but I couldn't let my new toy go naked.
Collapsible stock with tube/buffer/spring & castle nut wrench. (Milspec? VLTOR Clubfoot? LMT SOPMOD but that's $$$)  Prefer no generic Airsoft knockoffs.
Slings & attachments (i.e. single point with Burnsed loop)
Short flat top riser, only about 1/2" or so, to raise my borrowed Aimpoint above the fixed BUIS.
Ammo
Ammo
Magazines
Magazines
Inexpensive optics

Have fun, tell funny stories when you get back.  
Cheers.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:40:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Doc, there will certainly be magazines and ammo at the show. I myself am going to look at optics before ordering on the Internet. I'll let you know what I find.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:31:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Cool, thanks.  Hope you find some interesting stuff for yourself.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Cool, thanks.  Hope you find some interesting stuff for yourself.

The DPMS guy has Mags, mil-spec collapsible stocks (not sure about VLTOR), tubes, springs and buffers as well as ammo. He has Wolf for around $170 per thousand (if I remember correctly). There's a book dealer who has GI slings but I did not notice any tac slings or Aimpoint risers, though there were standard risers available from DPMS as well as others.

Mags, collapsible stocks and ammo can be had by various other vendors as well. And there were lots of low priced optics. DPMS had an IOR 6x42 for ~ 590....ouch.

I went ahead and got a regular forged lower. And a parts kit, charging handle, etc. I need a gov. profile 20" barrel and I'll be able to put my "early" version AR15 together. Oh, and I need a bolt carrier assembly, I dorked around after buying my lower and he sold all three bolt carriers he had before I decided to get one. Snooze you loose......

Have to admit, I came darn close to getting one of those tac-triggers.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Congrats on the lower; sounds like a cool project.  Did you get all this from the DPMS dude?  At the last one there was also a young guy back in the corner with a few uppers & assorted parts for other GI guns.  Don't know about the company, but I think he had a BC or two at the time and was taking orders for custom-built uppers.

Never tried a tac-trigger before, but some of the guns on that video of theirs appear to my untrained eye to be gen-u-wine full-auto.  Shady advertizing if that's the case.

Depending on prices, I'll probably end up ordering one of those RRA stocks from Legal Transfers in the EE; 70 bucks for a stock & wrench sounds really good about now.

Come to think of it... A Subway sammich sounds really good about now, too.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:31:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Mmmmm...sammich  Where'd my sammich maker run off to?

Have you seen the wrench that comes with the stock?  If its the single notch design and you need something better, I've got a 3 notch design wrench that works really well.    Also, I dont know if RRA stocks and tubes are mil-spec.  That only really matters if you want to add a Vltor later.

Wow, I just read over my post.  Sleepdr., dont think I'm bashing all your choices on furniture or optics in this or the other thread.  Definitely not my intention.

ETA:  Not sure about RRA being Milspec, maybe, maybe not.  The tube and stock I was thinking of was a Bushy.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#17]
you have to change the tube on a Bushmaster as well, if you want to go with the VLTOR.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Wow, I just read over my post.  Sleepdr., dont think I'm bashing all your choices on furniture or optics in this or the other thread.  Definitely not my intention.

Didn't think for a moment that you were bashing, but thanks for the consideration.  I'm new to these rifles, and am very open to suggestions.  I appreciate discussion, comments, etc.

I don't mind the A2 stock, but would prefer a shorter length of pull for my carbine/middy.  The A2 will probably go with a 20" build to be done sometime in the next few years.

I'm not sure what kind of wrench comes with those kits.  For $4, I suspect it's like the one you had that ended up bending instead of loosening that staked-on nut.

M21, thanks for the reminder on the Bushy tubes.  RRA is also not milspec.  Decisions, decisions...
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:51:50 PM EDT
[#19]
For my middy I bought the third one down, mil spec tube with an H buffer.  Skip the H buffer to save a bit on cash.  The H buffer is nice but not entirely necessary.
www.bravocompanyusa.com/StandardCARStocks.html
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:33:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Mmmmm...sammich  Where'd my sammich maker run off to?

Have you seen the wrench that comes with the stock?  If its the single notch design and you need something better, I've got a 3 notch design wrench that works really well.    Also, I dont know if RRA stocks and tubes are mil-spec.  That only really matters if you want to add a Vltor later.

ETA:  Not sure about RRA being Milspec, maybe, maybe not.  The tube and stock I was thinking of was a Bushy.

I'm pretty positive that only Colt buffer tubes are milspec.  One of my buddies has a Veltor on his M4gery and it fits on my Colt buffer tube fine but in won't fit on any after market tubes we tried.  I believe it even states on the Veltor box that it only fits Colt or Veltor buffer tubes.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:41:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Hhhmmm....I'll have to see if Spiff's Vltor will fit on mine.  It should because I bought the tube as a milspec tube and stock.  

ETA:  Just checked out Bravo, it is a CMT/STAG built to Colt specs.  So I should be good.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Do a search, LMT is, RRA is not
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:49:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks like Bravo Co is getting a phone call from me tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:33:28 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
AZ_Gun_Nut, the Idaho Automatic Weapons Collectors Association will more than likely have a booth at the gun show this weekend (at the fairgrounds).

Jollyroger!! Prepping .223 right now (damn little brass is hard on the fingers). I'll do 9mm next week, it doesn't take near the work as rifle brass.

I didn't see their table it fhey had one set up.  Good show  might add and it was so nice to not have to deal with a bunch of non english speaking gang  banger types like you see at the Phoenix shows.

I found a lot of good deals there and could have spent waaaaaaay to much money very easily.

I won't be able to join you guys on the 28th, I forgot that my schedule changes this week and I start working Tuesday through Saturday now.  So if any of you guys are off on a Sunday or Monday and want to hook up with someone to go blasting drop me a line.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:05:57 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't see their table it fhey had one set up.  Good show  might add and it was so nice to not have to deal with a bunch of non english speaking gang  banger types like you see at the Phoenix shows.

I found a lot of good deals there and could have spent waaaaaaay to much money very easily.

I won't be able to join you guys on the 28th, I forgot that my schedule changes this week and I start working Tuesday through Saturday now.  So if any of you guys are off on a Sunday or Monday and want to hook up with someone to go blasting drop me a line.

I would do Sunday with you. Maybe we can get these guys to change to Sunday, as I don't get much sleep doing Saturdays.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:34:19 AM EDT
[#26]

Are full autos (class 3s) legal in Idaho?

King of Page 2.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:53:18 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Have you seen the wrench that comes with the stock?  If its the single notch design and you need something better, I've got a 3 notch design wrench that works really well.

I know this is kind late, but I think the strength of the wrench has more to do with it than the number of drive pins. I have a DPMS wrench that has only one pin but it's stout as hell (as in it doesn't bend). I've never had a problem with it.

Not sure about RRA being Milspec, maybe, maybe not.  The tube and stock I was thinking of was a Bushy.

I don't think Bushy and RRA tubes are mil-spec, as far as I know only Colt is.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:57:27 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I did not see them either. Figures, as far as I know it's the first time they've never made one.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:03:44 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Are full autos (class 3s) legal in Idaho?

King of Page 2.

Yes. Most of our anti laws, are the fed ones.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top