Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 1/5/2006 11:27:57 AM EDT
I've been a lurker on these boards for some time, and am now trying to find a new job in the SLC area (mine's going to India!). Can anyone recommend some decent paying places to work in the valley that are 2nd amendment friendly?

I'm referring to companies that don't have huge issues with concealed carry.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:15:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Utah, from what I hear is pretty conservative. Don't think it would be an issue tho.

I might move there.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:08:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Let me clarify. I already live in Utah (West Jordan to be exact) am trying to locate a decent company to work for that is not going to search me in fear of my having a weapon (Like AOL did to a couple of employees a while back).  I just need to locate a decent company to work for ASAP that is not going to probe into if I am carrying or not . There has to be at least a few decent companies in the valley that espouse constitutional values....I hope.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:40:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:39:07 PM EDT
[#4]
From your mentions of India & AOL, I'm guessing you're in the computers/support/IT field.

I wish I could help you out, but I can't meet both criteria.

I used to work for Totally Awesome Computers.
While it is definately a gun-friendly place, it's not a good place to work.

I'm trying to decide if I should bring up the issue w/ my current employer.
They have a clear NO Weapons policy, unless authorized.
A former co-worker has told me about other companies (AOL) that have fired people for simply asking about carrying.
I can't even access alot of websites from the office (AR15, Kifaru, etc.). The firewall has them blocked for being weapons related.

Keep us posted if you find anything out.

--cfors
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:14:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually, at my current job I function as a Manager/Human Resources Coordinator (with a little IT thrown in - yes, it's a small company of about 80 employees so I end up performing many different jobs). Since they are moving the primary operations to India (little by little over the next 5-6 months) there will be no need for my position soon.   I really need to find something soon, and am hoping that one of you can point me in the right direction.

Oh, almost forgot...this may help, I'm fluent in Spanish and do have a Bachelors degree in Management. I'd appreciate any direction that is provided. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:04:17 PM EDT
[#6]

I can't even access alot of websites from the office (AR15, Kifaru, etc.). The firewall has them blocked for being

Try jobrelatedstuff.com or banedsr.com, should get you past the firewall filter w/o problem
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Try jobrelatedstuff.com or banedsr.com, should get you past the firewall filter w/o problem

I'll have to try this tomorrow. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:24:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Negative. The firewall has it all blocked. Weapons related.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:55:11 AM EDT
[#9]
You can't get more 2nd A friendly than my work, people bring guns to work everyday and we actually shoot as a company a few times a year.  I work at Action Target, Inc. in Provo and we are one of the largest manufacturers of steel targets, turning targets, and shooting ranges.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:56:08 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll check it out...thanks!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Double Tap Ammo just moved there.
THE source for 10mm
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:22:01 PM EDT
[#12]
there is also Vector Arms, Robinson Armament, North American Arms, and many, many others within a 30 mile radius of Salt Lake City.  Plenty of cool places to work.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top