Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 3:04:00 PM EDT
Ok,

If I find someone to allow me to hunt on there ranch.  What is the going rate for hunting?

I would be staying on the land and hunting.  Is there a day rate? month? week?  

thanks
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:58:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Idaho BLM
Idaho F&G

excellent resources.  If you hunt without the aid of a ranch/guide in PA, you won't have trouble in ID....just need non-res. lic.& tags and yer all set.

I'll help you pack out if you're heading to sw ID
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:00:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Lucky hit it on the head. This is a very hunter friendly state.  I just wish the Kali's didn't know that!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:34:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Lucky hit it on the head. This is a very hunter friendly state.  I just wish the Kali's didn't know that!

+1, and all the other liberal states, and movie stars.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:48:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
+1, and all the other liberal states, and movie stars.

I've heard all you Idaho people are gun totting, conservative wacko's.............
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:58:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Ya goddamned right we are!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:26:29 PM EDT
[#6]
alright Idaho looks good, And I would fit right in.

BUT , back to the original subject.  

What is the going rate to lease property for hunting????
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:37:26 PM EDT
[#7]
You're talking to a bunch of poor folks....ie
We spend money on Guns and Ammo, not a "fish in a barrel" hunt.

You can google for Idaho "hunts" or "outfitters" (or the state of your choosing)

See

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:55:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You're talking to a bunch of poor folks....ie
We spend money on Guns and Ammo, not a "fish in a barrel" hunt.

You can google for Idaho "hunts" or "outfitters" (or the state of your choosing)

See

True.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#9]
OK, now I think I understand what you want.  The only "lease" I know of are from people like cattle ranchers who will lease the hunting right for a season.  I know of one, (1K/yr) for some good acerage but it butts up to BLM land that I can hunt for free.  

The hard part is locating the land owners.  I have "asked to hunt" (for free) on private lands, with 50/50 results for permission.

BTW.  I have wandered into the 1k ranch above because it is not posted at all....so they can suck my balls for 2K

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:13:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Hell, I am as poor as they come,   Just looking at options.  I will probable hunt the BLM areas also.  I have just never been out there before.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:33:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Much of Idaho is public land, that you can hunt on.  The trouble is finding the animals.  :-)  

Find the areas that Fish and Game "plant" the birds on, and you can usually find extra game birds.  :-)  There are hunting preserves around, if that is what you want.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Much of Idaho is public land, that you can hunt on.  The trouble is finding the animals.  :-)  

Find the areas that Fish and Game "plant" the birds on, and you can usually find extra game birds.  :-)  There are hunting preserves around, if that is what you want.  

75% of Idaho is Fed land. I can show you where plenty of animals are.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top