Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 12/20/2004 10:19:10 PM EDT
Those damn neighbors to our SE have a sticky and we do not.  This is unacceptable considering the superiority of our state in every sense.
I hope to have five posts in this thread by winter of 2005, and maybe, just maybe two of the WY members of the board will live in the same town.  I know that is rather optimistic, but i think there is a chance!

I am Karaya1 and i live in Laramie.
I am a member of the Laramie Rifle Range and own a m48a, Cav-15 A3 16" and a Sig P228.

Go Pokes!
Link Posted: 12/21/2004 5:52:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Copycat.

I used to live in Laramie.  Spent 3 miserable years there while my wife was in Law School.
Link Posted: 12/26/2004 11:14:33 PM EDT
[#2]
3 miserable years?
Laramie is the best town in the USA!!

Yea, i can't blame you for leaving.  One can count all the good resturaunts and decent activities to do on one hand.  The people are generally the only redeeming quality of the town, and IMO that has been going downhill a bit.  The fact the mountains are so close gives quite a few fun options though.  
But yea.. i am leaving in June haha.  I'll probably come back, i have grown to kinda like the place.
Link Posted: 12/26/2004 11:34:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I am havoc1969, I live in rawlins, am a correctional officer here, and own among other things

a kimber pro carry
a 1911 colt done by russ carnaik
bushy m4a3
mossberg pistol grip 12 guage,
and a host of other little toys, long range and short,,

hope to hear from more wyomingites on this thread
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 5:21:50 AM EDT
[#4]
SW corner of WY - though to occassionally make some money to buy toys with I trek to the uncharted lands of UTAH. Fortunatley I have fallen in with and made acquaintance of some nice people there - most of whom while being refered to by the indigenous local population as gentiles have many other redeeming vices and shoot straight.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
SW corner of WY - though to occassionally make some money to buy toys with I trek to the uncharted lands of UTAH. Fortunatley I have fallen in with and made acquaintance of some nice people there - most of whom while being refered to by the indigenous local population as gentiles have many other redeeming vices and shoot straight.

Where at?  I graduated from Green River, my wife from Rock Springs.  I'm currently "enjoying" a 5 day visit with the in-laws in Rock Springs.
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 5:07:29 AM EDT
[#6]
medicman - Howdy. Red Devils and State hospital town. Hope you do not get snowed in with this new coming storm - oh well at least the alcohol is cheaper if you do. Best wishes for the new year.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 6:24:33 AM EDT
[#7]
wish i did live in wyoming but i am stuck here in ohio..........

love your state

Link Posted: 1/5/2005 10:51:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:23:13 AM EDT
[#9]
(originally from NW NE about 60 mi east of Lusk) I lived in Cheyenne from about '85-88 and Laramie from 90-95   Loved it there, sure do miss it sometimes, especially in the summer when it's 95deg and 95% humidity here on the gulf coast...
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:30:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Not from Wyo but I did spent a night in my truck parked in Wamsutter last winter when the WHP closed 80...
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:40:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I live in Powell, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay north of all of you southerners.   I grew up in the Big Horn Basin, lived and taught here after UW for around ten years.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2005 4:31:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I too live in Rawlins....

Yea I know 100 miles from any big town but at least our traffic jams are only 5 cars long.  Besides some of the best hunting and fishing spots are just around the bend!  There ain't no way I'm ever leaving this state.

hmmm...gun wise...

SA M1A
Benelli M3
Bushy Carbon 15
G27
Sig 2009
Kimber Pro Carry
H&K USP Compact

and I just endulged myself with a brand new Springfield 1911 A1 Loaded.

Plus a ton of paintball crap...man I have too many hobbies.

All wrapped up in a nice FAT 900 lbs. safe.

Go Pokes!!  Winner of a BOWL GAME AT LONG LAST!!!!  SWEET!

David
Link Posted: 1/28/2005 4:26:19 AM EDT
[#13]
I live in teton county, about 20 miles from Jackson. Before you start making jokes about millionaires, let me tell you that I'm one of two or three working men who still own homes here. been here thirty odd years. moved up here from Lander. we have a great range here, but the shooting community is small.  what can you expect, though, in the only blue county in the state?
plenty of work for carpenters up here, so I can afford my shooting habit. elk hunting is not bad either. have a daughter in UW at laramie. like that area. would like to move to a part of the state with more shooters and fewer liberals. no, I don't know Dick Cheney, although I did see him drive by on his way to the airport.
Link Posted: 1/29/2005 11:16:11 PM EDT
[#14]
TetonCounty when did you leave Lander?  This is my old stomping grounds before I moved to the land of neverending rain.  Hope  to move back there soon though.
Link Posted: 1/29/2005 11:18:24 PM EDT
[#15]
dfergusonp12, I sent you a pm!
Link Posted: 1/30/2005 6:01:03 AM EDT
[#16]
nightsniper: left lander about 1981 when the taconite mine closed. i was a carpenter and part time climbing guide then, and work in lander dried up for a while. managed to buy a lot and build a house in teton county when it was still possible, and stayed here for the work-plenty of construction. i would like to move back there- winters are easier and you can have a garden and keep animals easier.
Link Posted: 2/5/2005 12:28:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Stickied, look at that!

Link Posted: 2/5/2005 9:59:47 PM EDT
[#18]
how 'bout them apples?
Link Posted: 2/6/2005 9:16:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Born in Casper, spent my life between Casper and Spearfish, SD, until the military saw fit to stick me at Ft. Bragg.  Boy do I miss real mountains.
Link Posted: 2/21/2005 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Sorry I'm late on replying. I from Douglas lived here all my life going on 49 years now. Love living in Wyo. wouldn't live anywhere else. Just change jobe in June I used to be a full time employee of our ambulance service here in Douglas. Emt intermediate but I started back for Wyo Dept of Transportation. Driving snow plows in the winter when we get snow which this winter has been few and far between. patching up the roads I-25 and State Hwy 59 are the main ones in our area.
 Nice to know there are other ones out there that love to shoot the AR.
                                                           bubba4602                  
Link Posted: 4/22/2005 7:40:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey all, I am from the Big Piney area. I have lived here for the last 15 years minus a three year stay in No. Cali.  It was good to get back to a free state again where you could actually go shooting without someone calling the cops. Right now my arsenal is a little lacking.

I have the following
       Model 43 winchester  in 218 bee
       Colt 1911 officers model
        1903 springfield .06
        300 win mag counter sniper rifle

At the moment I don't own a AR, but I have built over 20 custom jobs for several people around the area. I am currantly working on my own project rifle in 6.8 rem.    I am recently divorced so I now have the chance to rebuild my weaponry collection. My ex hated any type of firearms. Anyway I am always looking for new people to meet up with to go shooting.
Link Posted: 4/22/2005 8:52:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/27/2005 12:16:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Bought property just outside of Sheridan.  Hope to be moving soon but the wife just got a job she really, really likes (damn).  So our move is to be postponed for a while.

Really love the state and the people, been all over Wyoming looking for a place to settle down (I'm retired) and picked Sheridan (it has a nice VA hospital).

I'm into building AR15's, AK47's and shooting p-dogs at long distances (what a hoot).  I hope to meet people that are into guns the way I am.  Maybe I'll take up hunting also, only did that once.  Most of the people I've met shooting are into hunting, p-dog shooting, I haven't met any that are into AR15/AK-47 except one rancher who has a MAK90 for wolves/coyote.

If any of you live in the Sheridan area, let me know.  Maybe we could get together and do some shooting as I usually go and visit the property at least once a year.  Also joined the Sheridan Co. Sportsman Assn. just to have a place to shoot before we bought land.

Link Posted: 4/27/2005 12:22:53 PM EDT
[#24]
I used to live in WY- Green River.  Now I am back east and I regret leaving the greatest state in the union.  Hopfully I will be back soon.
Link Posted: 4/30/2005 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Well I'm from Minnesota, but I now live out here in the "Equality State". Except for all of the Tater Chips(there not all bad but so many are just wearing them to be gay cough "cool") up here in the Northeast Corner(Gillette) its not a bad life. Still in HS but I do have a bush Varm. Pretty appropriate for out here I would say. Would like to get a Grendel so I could really reach out and tap the p-dogs on the shoulderhtmentAndyMan.
By the way I did one of these before and two people responded and some guy who visited the his
Hammer if ya ever come out drop me an email. [email protected]
Link Posted: 5/29/2005 8:16:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Thinking of relocating in the near future and what better people to ask than the ones on arfcom.Pros and cons of Wyoming and why. Thia is much appreciated.Thanks,IronRanger
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#27]
If anyone wants a song about Campbell County Cocksuckers send me PM.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:23:58 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Thinking of relocating in the near future and what better people to ask than the ones on arfcom.Pros and cons of Wyoming and why. Thia is much appreciated.Thanks,IronRanger

I believe WY is still the least populated state.  There is a lot to see and do if you like the outdoors.  Crime is relatively low.  Cheyenne has seen a bit of crime but I think a lot of it comes from CO.  Idiots up here trying to prove themselves.  Lots and lots of places to go shooting.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:23:15 PM EDT
[#29]
In Cheyenne here.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
In Cheyenne here.

Go to CO to buy your stuff!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#31]
update, I am back in casper,,,lol
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Here in Douglas. Wyoming is the best place to live. Born and raised here. Wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Spent time at Fort Knox KY. and Fort carson Co. nice places to visit but there no place like home.

Cowboy's kick butt!!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 8:30:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Can't believe we lost to CSU and NM though

I am leaving to San Diego next Monday for recruit training in the Marine Corps and I'll be at Camp Pendleton after that, so no more WY for me for a little bit.
Going to miss the open spaces around here a lot.  
SoCal is just crazy..
Link Posted: 11/3/2005 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Pro: plenty of places to go shooting and pretty much no matter where you are in the state too
Link Posted: 11/14/2005 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Sorry I'm late on replying. I from Douglas lived here all my life going on 49 years now. Love living in Wyo. wouldn't live anywhere else. Just change jobe in June I used to be a full time employee of our ambulance service here in Douglas. Emt intermediate but I started back for Wyo Dept of Transportation. Driving snow plows in the winter when we get snow which this winter has been few and far between. patching up the roads I-25 and State Hwy 59 are the main ones in our area.
 Nice to know there are other ones out there that love to shoot the AR.
                                                           bubba4602                  

Interesting. It's quite possible you and I know each other. I lived in Douglas from 1979 to 1986 and was briefly in the nasty guard there. I liked the county/city range that used to be on Irvine Road (I guess it's still there, isn't it?). Not many places that the county will build a shooting range (and a NICE one) and let you use it for free.

Knew the Converse County Sheriff, John Bey, fairly well. Didn't care for his predecessor very much. (Chuck Widick, I heard he died -- good riddance.)

I can't believe Larry Majerus is the state's Homeland Security director or deputy director. What a jackass.

Lots of good hunting opportunities there. I used to hunt antelope north of town on Morton's, Stoddard's, and a few of those ranches up near Bill. Used to hunt the special whitetail season down near Esterbrook.

I miss the hunting and shooting, but I don't miss the winters. That's for damned sure.
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 7:43:19 PM EDT
[#36]
The wife and I are considering a move to sheridan or close to it. Anyone have any helpful insights?
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 6:32:00 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
The wife and I are considering a move to sheridan or close to it. Anyone have any helpful insights?

Sheridan and Buffalo are absolutely beautiful areas to live.  If I didn't live in the Big Horn Basin(other side of the mountain), that is where I would want to live.   I'd pick Buffalo and work or shop in Sheridan.  JMHO
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:11:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Live in Laramie, grew up in Green River.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:24:49 PM EDT
[#39]
I am here in Laramie. I do love it here since I moved here in 99. Going to Wyotech hope to stay here after tech.

RSO at the Laramie Rifle range.

Tim
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top