Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2017 2:00:10 AM EDT
I've been waiting almost a month on a background check on an AR15 I ordered off of gunbroker and the timeframe I got when I filled out the 4473 was up today.  Called to check and the gun shop is said they have now updated the estimated completion time to late October!

I've looked at some forums where it would seem this is not an uncommon problem.  I'm very curious as to how typical this is.  A guy at the gun store said that at any given time they have about 200 firearms they're holding due to delays.  Have you ever been delayed?  If so, how long did it take to get resolved and were you subject to ever changing resolution dates?

A little background this is relating to arrest on a bench warrant for a traffic ticket I forgot to take care of in Colorado in 2006 Spoke to OSP a week ago asking about what they needed from Colorado and they said they had already hear back from them and were just awaiting a clarification... Also I have CHP in WA (Where I'm a resident), had one in CO for 5 years prior, and I own class III stuff. 
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 4:07:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Got delayed a few years ago, but the gun shop (Gunbroker in Tigard) let me have the gun after three days in compliance with the law.  I just have to assume it became "undelayed" at some point as I have not been delayed since.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 12:54:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
A little background this is relating to arrest on a bench warrant for a traffic ticket I forgot to take care of in Colorado 
View Quote

Seriously? Doesn't sound like a problem with the gun :)
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#3]
to answer your question

Ive never been delayed.  I get the instant approval every time, even at busy gun shows.

I dont have a checkered past with warrants in other states.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:34:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
to answer your question

Ive never been delayed.  I get the instant approval every time, even at busy gun shows.

I dont have a checkered past with warrants in other states.
View Quote
I've been delayed and have no record of anything that would prevent me from buying a gun.  It's fairly common nowadays, especially around holidays.  I've been delayed anywhere from fifteen minutes to indefinitely and then the next time it sails right through.  

Trying to find out why is like going down a rabbit hole too.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:25:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Finally got the rifle picked up and shot it yesterday. 

There were several calls back to the Oregon State police and five calls  to the Boulder County sheriffs office as they  apparently had difficulty and grasping what it was the OSP actually needed.  All of my interactions with the OSP were professional and friendly in nature but as I hate to wait for anything, they weren't easy conversations to have!

All in all, there's no way that I would do this again to save 9% on a  rifle.

Thank you to everybody who participated in the thread here is a picture of the rifle in question 

https://imgur.com/gallery/MyWpN
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:25:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Double post
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 2:39:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Cool rifle, it ought to be above average in the accuracy department.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top