Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2017 5:59:43 PM EDT
Down in Douglas county it just barely got dim outside, kinda like a typical winter day, that's about it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Drove down from Walla Walla to Monument. Next to no traffic going down on 207/FR-22 and very minimal going back up.  The eclipse in totality was definitely worth the trip. 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:39:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Was pretty cool. Got a neat video of my yard being blacked out.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Drove north for a bit to SE Albany to an acquaintenance's blueberry farm to see the totality.

I was prepared to be apathetic, but I will always remember that experience. It was extraordinary, and the total eclipse was beautiful and fleeting.

What stuck with me the most, was how many aircraft were up watching, and how when the sun winked out all of the birds took off in flight, and all of the flying insects landed.

The shadows were trippy.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:21:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Was pretty cool to watch from just north of Grants Pass. Even though the smoke...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Drove north for a bit to SE Albany to an acquaintenance's blueberry farm to see the totality.

I was prepared to be apathetic, but I will always remember that experience. It was extraordinary, and the total eclipse was beautiful and fleeting.

What stuck with me the most, was how many aircraft were up watching, and how when the sun winked out all of the birds took off in flight, and all of the flying insects landed.

The shadows were trippy.
View Quote
My sentiments exactly in red. And yeah, I was on a hill with a good view of Corvallis Airport. Tons of traffic landing in the hour before totality, and then equal numbers of takeoffs immediately after. Quite a few private/corporate jets in the mix. 
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I was 20 miles north east of camp Sherman.  It was a great experience.  The light, before, during and after was amazing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 2:06:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 4:04:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Is that Depot Bay?
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 4:41:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Is that Depot Bay?
View Quote

Correct. Just between Depoe Bay and Mazatlan.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 4:02:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Didn't notice a thing.  

I was on a motorcycle trip and on the road up to Hurricane Ridge, just south of Port Angeles (with a $20. day pass).  By the time I got to the top I noticed it was just after eleven.  If it got darker I didn't notice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top