Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2017 8:40:05 PM EDT
I just got this from OFF

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 9:25:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting but doesn't surprise me. I asked about these at NW armory and was told they have seen a few come through. I think it's only a matter of time before we can't get these.

Perhaps that time has already started.

They do look fun but I would prefer to go the NFA route if I really had to have a short shotgun.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 9:27:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't even want one before. Now I'm buying the first one I see.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 1:49:11 AM EDT
[#3]
That don't look all that fun to shoot
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 8:13:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That don't look all that fun to shoot
View Quote
I was thinking a form 1 SBS.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Just received an email from OFF; OSP IS blocking transfer of Shockwaves and Tac 14's until a ruling is made determining if they are legal in Oregon.
Seems the language is a little vague on the definition of what a shotgun actually is according to Oregon law.
My guess is Gov. Part-time Kitty Puncher will see a chance for a little pay back on us Trump voting racist, sexist  Deplorables and find a way to stop all transfers. Expect the usual "no one needs a weapon like that", "weapon of choice for criminals" bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 4:43:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got the email as well. This is bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#7]
It's complete bullshit, but I'm not surprised.It's exactly the kind of petty, vindictive bullshit the left does when they're on the defensive. My first thought on seeing the Shockwave was that somebody, somewhere, was looking at it and going "No. That will not stand. I don't care what the laws are".
I don't have much hope that it will be resolved in our favor. This legislature has never had a problem disregarding the law when it suits them, and Gov. Brown most likely will use it as a campaign issue: "I kept weapons of war off our streets" and of course "my opponent is in favor of letting criminals buy these off the internet/handing them out to school children/allowing ISIS to use them etc".
Bring it, lefties. Shit like this is why you got Trump.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 10:59:43 PM EDT
[#8]
What happens to the ones that got by before the brakes were put on?  What happens to their owners should our overseers decide that the gun is verboten?
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 2:07:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Oregon has come up with their remedy, so transfers are back online. Dealer just has to list it how the state wants it to be able to compete the transfer.....until that changes
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Oregon has come up with their remedy, so transfers are back online. Dealer just has to list it how the state wants it to be able to compete the transfer.....until that changes
View Quote
Got a link for details on that? If it's available online my google-fu failed me.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Got a link for details on that? If it's available online my google-fu failed me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
RIGHT HERE
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 12:33:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

RIGHT HERE
View Quote
Thanks! If anybody else was curious, apparently it's supposed to be run as a handgun:

"For the purpose of conducting an Oregon FICS check, the Mossberg Shockwave and
the Remington 870 TAC-14 should be entered into the dealer-facing FICS web
application or phoned in as a handgun and select "pistol pump" or "PP" for the
designated firearm type
.  This will ensure dealers provide the appropriate
information for compliance with state and federal law regarding age and
out-of-state resident requirements for this type of firearm.   Please refer to
information in a
letter by ATF dated March 2017 specific to the Shockwave (http://www.mossberg.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Shockwave-Letter-from-ATF-3-2-17.pdf). "
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 2:29:44 AM EDT
[#13]
What were dealers listing it as? My understanding was that all pistol grip shotguns were listed as "other" the same category as stripped receivers.
I guess it's good news, if a cop questions you "hey man, it's just a pistol".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top