Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2012 3:52:45 AM EDT
I am from Minnesota and my wife just got a really good job offer in Klamath falls,Or. what can you guys tell me about the area for hunting,fishing,gun rights,and just what i might be getting into. she flys out may 1 to have a face to face interview and hear about the relocateing package they are offering. Any help would be great guys thanks
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 6:12:51 AM EDT
[#1]
If you have a job. Its a great place to live. Weather more rain than snow. Nice springs and summers. People are very nice. Great hunting, Fishing. C/C easy to get. They allow NFA items. (only west coast state that does). A great place to live.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 7:40:55 AM EDT
[#2]
KFalls is a great area!  I meet great people every time I go down there.   It will be different style of hunting from what your  use to back east.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I would not live there for any reason.  I have family that lived there for a few years and left as soon as they could.  I would go there to shoot sage rats and ducks but that's it.  Lot's of meth round there.
Link Posted: 4/18/2012 3:45:21 AM EDT
[#4]
that doesnt sound good
Link Posted: 4/18/2012 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Meth is soooooo 2000late.     Heroin in Portland is the new fad.....
Link Posted: 4/18/2012 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Meth is soooooo 2000late.     Heroin in Portland is the new fad.....

Hopefully they keep getting that pure heroin that’s killing them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2012 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't expect a lot of shopping opportunities, especially for clothes. Nice restaurants are limited as well. Fast food... we got. Lots.

Bring your snow gear. Snowmobile would be better. ;) Long track snowmobile even better :D'

Good luck to the wife in her interview!
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 3:34:49 AM EDT
[#8]
thanks for all the replies. she will be in the area may 1 and will see what they offer.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 6:27:27 AM EDT
[#9]
You find drugs everywhere.  Kfalls is no worse or better than anyplace.  It's a more conservative area than the valley.  Eugene is the nearest large city.  I have relatives in Kfalls and like my visits, lot of cool places to go for shooting.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 4:03:47 PM EDT
[#10]
shooting now your talking
Link Posted: 4/22/2012 2:10:35 AM EDT
[#11]
I am heading over the hill to this place next week.  Regardless that my buddy is probably going to bail on me.  I will just head up and fish and drink by myself.  I have not fished for kokes in twenty plus years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSvmPv_94BA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top