Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/11/2006 7:43:07 AM EDT
Anyone waiting on Tactical Solutions to deliver threaded trail-lite (and probably pac-lite) barrels will be pleased to hear that (finaly!) they are back from anodising and should be ready to ship sometime this week.

Sometimes I wonder how some companies manage to stay in business ... I suppose having little competition helps.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:02:11 AM EDT
I was thinking about ordering one, but the wait really bugged me. Instead I bought a brand new Buckmark heavy barrel off ebay for $50 and am having it threaded for another $50 including thread protector.

Tactical Sol seems like a good company and their products get great reviews, but the one thing that worried me about their threaded barrels was that the threads are aluminum. One good bump or the slightest cross thread and you might be out a $200 threaded barrel.

On the other hand, are all those barrels that are back sold? Cause if I could get one without the wait I probably would and put my other one on ebay.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:52:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Ziess:
I was thinking about ordering one, but the wait really bugged me. Instead I bought a brand new Buckmark heavy barrel off ebay for $50 and am having it threaded for another $50 including thread protector.

Tactical Sol seems like a good company and their products get great reviews, but the one thing that worried me about their threaded barrels was that the threads are aluminum. One good bump or the slightest cross thread and you might be out a $200 threaded barrel.

On the other hand, are all those barrels that are back sold? Cause if I could get one without the wait I probably would and put my other one on ebay.

Please let me know what barrel yo uare talking about. I may be interested!!!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:00:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/11/2006 10:00:49 AM EDT by Ziess]
What I meant was, if I could get a TacSol Barrel w/o the wait then I probably would. If I did that I'd sell the current barrel that I have- which is being threaded right now.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:19:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/11/2006 10:22:07 AM EDT by PhilipPeake]
Well, I have had a long wait ... but they assure me that the long awaited barrels (threaded) are now back from the anodiser. Presumably all they have to do now is fit the steel insert and put the colored filler into the engraving.

Give them a call - they must have produced more that just the one barrel I ordered. Get in now and you may get one very quickly. Leave it too long and they will sell out again...

ETA: On the topic of aluminum threads -- What I intend to do is to pretty much treat the barrel/suppressor as a complet assembly and not remove the suppressor regularly.

I still have the original heavy barrel, and swapping between the two is not exactly difficult or time consuming.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:53:29 PM EDT
Philip,

Did you receive your 10/22 Tac Sol 16.5 threaded barrel yet? If so how do you like it, and how easy was it to install? I ordered on last week and it should be hear tomorrow.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:34:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/12/2006 6:35:26 AM EDT by PhilipPeake]

Originally Posted By Tracker:
Philip,

Did you receive your 10/22 Tac Sol 16.5 threaded barrel yet? If so how do you like it, and how easy was it to install? I ordered on last week and it should be hear tomorrow.

Thanks

No I didn't receive it yet -- actually its not a 10/22 barrel, its for a Buckmark pistol.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:54:51 AM EDT
Just had a call from Tactical Solutions - my barrel is shipping today.
So if you want to get a Buckmark threaded barrel, get your order in now while they have them in stock.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:07:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PhilipPeake:
Just had a call from Tactical Solutions - my barrel is shipping today.
So if you want to get a Buckmark threaded barrel, get your order in now while they have them in stock.

Called, ordered, stolen.

I can justify this violation of my "NoAim can only buy one gun every other month" as these are just "parts" and not a gun...
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:09:53 AM EDT
NoAim-

Were they in stock and shipping immediately?

/too lazy to call for myself
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:58:32 AM EDT

NoAim-

"I should have it shipped out right away".
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:02:25 AM EDT
Nice, thanks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:48:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NoAim:

NoAim-

"I should have it shipped out right away".

Sort of makes up for the Tac-16, doesn't it?

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:13:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PhilipPeake:

Originally Posted By Tracker:
Philip,

Thanks

No I didn't receive it yet -- actually its not a 10/22 barrel, its for a Buckmark pistol.

For some reason I thought you had purchased a Tac Sol 10/22 barrel as well.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:16:55 PM EDT
Going direct to TacSol is MSRP? Can local distributors ( ) do better? Yep, too many cans (and stamps) and dwindling fun funds makes me cheap
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:08:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By munkalido:
Going direct to TacSol is MSRP? Can local distributors ( ) do better? Yep, too many cans (and stamps) and dwindling fun funds makes me cheap

I still haven't found anyone stocking TacSol barrels locally so if you find one please let me know.
One of the rimfirecentral sponsors is a bit cheaper than MSRP and they include shipping. I think they
only carry 10/22 barrels though:

www.mizzoumuleguns.com/id1.html

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:49:48 AM EDT
I tried local "distributors".

One of them (The Gun Broker in Tigard) wanted MSRP, plus shipping, plus a mark-up.
One of the problems is that virtually none of the distributors listed on the Tactical Solutions website even know that they are distributors -- seems that the distributor list was created by looking up some names in the Yellow Pages.

Tactical Solutions do have some good product, but their business skills seem to be a bit lacking.
Top Top