Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2006 3:51:12 PM EDT
FYI.  

Went out to Browns Camp today to do some brass mining and maybe pop off a few AK and AR rounds.  They are actively mining the pit at this time.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:05:49 PM EDT
[#1]
So is the HUGE pile in the middle gone?  Or is the pile so covered with trash you couldn't tell?  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:00:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Any military surplus minesweepers for sale?  I see old deuce-and-a-half's all over the place, but I haven't seen a minesweeper...
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:28:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So is the HUGE pile in the middle gone?  Or is the pile so covered with trash you couldn't tell?  

Two huge piles now (both with their small share of trash ) about 20yds from the rim.  The pit is getting deeper too.

I'm used to them mining it in the summer, but it seems earlier and more extensive this time around.

Quoted:
Any military surplus minesweepers for sale?  I see old deuce-and-a-half's all over the place, but I haven't seen a minesweeper...

Haven't seen any, but keep your eye open for a smaller model.  Maybe something I could push along the ground that sucks up brass only?  I'll invent a seperator later .  In trade for all the brass I mine for my inventory I would be helping keep it clean out there with all the berdan primed shit I would get as well as all the .22's and shotgun hulls (which I would promptly sell for scrap).  I'll leave the steel for the next guy with a big magnet (I have actually seen a rake that had been converted into an electromagnet for this job).

"HONEY, WE NEED A SNOWBLOWER.  I GOT AN IDEA..."
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:09:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Can you still shoot there on the weekends?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:28:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Can you still shoot there on the weekends?

Good question.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:09:22 PM EDT
[#6]
that will be dictated by whether or not they are leaving their equipment in the pit or not
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:43:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I took a little time Jeepin' around and saw they they're also scraping the logging roads and dumping a lot of rock in some sections.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top