Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:30:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Hahah just Watched the video of Unka Boo shooting the "Drag your Buddy" Stage.. That was my first PR match and that was fun stuff.. Too bad, no footage of the Storm in Action.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:22:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I/M Sent
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:25:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Weather for PR tomorrow. Looks like rain and 50 degrees

www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USOR0320?dayNum=1&from=search

Oh and Don't worry, you will shoot them with your rifle, not your handgun. Woohoo!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Are we on for Rose's at 7 as usual?  Or will it just be me & the Mrs there?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:18:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Bleh, rain. I'll decide if I want to go in the morning.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:27:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

are you thinking of not going? Do I neeed to find a backup pistol?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I still might. Depends on what they mean by rain... sprinkles or downpour.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:57:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Puss    
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Are we on for Rose's at 7 as usual?  Or will it just be me & the Mrs there?

I am plannin on being there...
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:21:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Puss    

Can I hack a lung in your morning coffee? I'll come if I can give you my cold.      
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:38:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Been fighting it for 3 days myself.....what's a little pnumonia between friends?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:23:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Been fighting it for 3 days myself.....what's a little pnumonia between friends?

Whos the puss now Mr. No-show?  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:26:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Due to the rain I only took a coulpe pics today

And a few pics of my new guns

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#15]
SEXXXY PICS!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:35:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Crazy... I didn't see the duracoated firearms up close.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:49:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:26:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Very very fun today yes.. The mag changes messed with me a bit. I guess I have to work on that some more.

Last month I finished 46th? overall Tyro Irons.
This month I was 27th.  10th in Stage 3.

If I keep it up I might be able to break into the top 10 and bring something home to brag about. Great seeing everyone today.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:36:30 AM EDT
[#19]
I spent 12 hours in the bathroom...

Sorry I missed it..

BTW, don't get this flu bug, it sucks.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:45:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Lessons from yesterdays PR:

1) Learn exactly where POI is from 2 yards to 300 yards for my scope. I was consistently screwing up holdover-holdunder. Generally get more trigger time!

2) Dump pouches rock! It took less time to drop mags in the dump pouch than it did to place them on top of a barrel, sawhorse, rifle case , ect. Plus, the dump pouch is always in the same place relative to you when moving so you don't have to think about it.

3) PCA Spectrum NATEC ( http://www.natec-us.com/products.php ) ammo isn't only inaccurate, it's magnetic to boot. Yes, that plastic cheap ammo has steel in it. I don't know how much, but it's drawn to a magnet like a politician to dirty money.  BSW

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:35:40 AM EDT
[#21]
When I watched Stage 4 most people burned time on the mag changes, and BSW is right, having the mags on you is faster than setting them on the barrel, esp. when you are on the move.  I like stages with mag change requirements, I think it is a good skill to practice.  

I also liked the running portion of Stage 2.  Kinda mimics high heart rate of stressful situation.  Those little plastic targets did suck though.

Moving targets, mag reloads, required use of cover, getting the heart rate up, shooting cans, shooting steel: these are some of my favorite things.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:48:39 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I also liked the running portion of Stage 2.  Kinda mimics high heart rate of stressful situation.  

what is this "running" thing you speak of
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Lessons from yesterdays PR:

1) Learn exactly where POI is from 2 yards to 300 yards for my scope. I was consistently screwing up holdover-holdunder. Generally get more trigger time!

50 yard zero POI.

0 = 2.5" low.
25 = 1.25" low.
50 = 0".
100 yards = 1.6" high
200 yards = 0"
300 yards = 8" low.

Roughly.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:39:08 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I also liked the running portion of Stage 2.  Kinda mimics high heart rate of stressful situation.  

That little strutting was funny as shit.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:46:25 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

That little strutting was funny as shit.

until you see I placed like 40th in that stage I did get 7th on stage 4
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:14:27 PM EDT
[#26]
1 lesson learned.. NO MORE CHEAP OPTICS.. I might have to shoot IRons next match if i don't get something good by then.. For now.. Even my BSA Held Zero versus my crappy Target sports. Sad.. sooo sad...

That's right.. after the match NoAim tried sighting in that red dot POS and found the the POI was moving!..If i can't find a nice Optic for lower than retail . I am going to check out this SPOT some people are talking about.. sounds like a good alternative.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Gunkata, what I did was have a list of 3 optics that I thought I could live with. I then budgeted how much money I actually had to spend on a scope.

Then came the waiting and hanging out on the EE: The ELCAN that I'm using now was $450 off the EE vs $1000 + retail. But that deal didn't come by overnight.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:09:58 PM EDT
[#28]
I bought a SPOT about a month ago. The dot blinked off and on between shots. I took it home and made sure the battery was seated correctly and banged it around some and it seems to work now but I have not retested it by shooting it yet.  

If I can make it to next months match I should have my Yugo underfolder with an eotech diled in by then.

The Newberg hospital is blocking out the sunshine to my soul.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:56:01 PM EDT
[#29]

For the past few months someone at PR keeps saying to me, "you have to get a K31 and reload for it, you have to get a K31 and reload for it, you have to get a K31 and reload for it.  

So after the match I stop at GI Joes and guess what they have in stock for $99?  Yup, a K31. So now I have a obscure Swiss rifle that I thought I was going to reload for, then I looked at brass prices at midway .  

Maybe I get a bag of 20 and keep reloading them forever.

See what PR does to your brain
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:17:28 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
For the past few months someone at PR keeps saying to me, "you have to get a K31 and reload for it, you have to get a K31 and reload for it, you have to get a K31 and reload for it.  

So after the match I stop at GI Joes and guess what they have in stock for $99?  Yup, a K31. So now I have a obscure Swiss rifle that I thought I was going to reload for, then I looked at brass prices at midway .  

I hear you on the K31.  I have wanted one since Unka-Boo let me shoot his at the last ARFCOM shoot.  So what kind of condition is it in?  $99 is very tempting.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:23:41 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

YES! Thanks! Free ammo for everyone, right!?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:52:23 PM EDT
[#32]

1 lesson learned.. NO MORE CHEAP OPTICS.. I might have to shoot IRons next match if i don't get something good by then.. For now.. Even my BSA Held Zero versus my crappy Target sports. Sad.. sooo sad...

Just Buy an Eotech for $250

You won't have to buy another optic again!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:15:37 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I hear you on the K31.  I have wanted one since Unka-Boo let me shoot his at the last ARFCOM shoot.  So what kind of condition is it in?  $99 is very tempting.  

The display model was poor. The one in the back was poor, but less poor.

The stocks are the worst part. They were taken on long marches and in winter the Swiss soldiers would knock the snow and ice off their boots with them. The metal spikes on Swiss boots was great for walking on ice but hard on the stocks. That's why they are scratched so badly.

There is rust here and there on the metal, but the bolt looks fine. Despite the looks they have a reputation for great accuracy, even in surplus condition. Swiss soldiers took great care of the barrels.

They may not look fantastic, but it is still a great SIG rifle. For $99 it’s a far better rifle then what you are paying for it. In a few years when they are all gone it will be a $200 and up rifle so it's a good investment as well.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:36:10 PM EDT
[#34]

In a few years when they are all gone it will be a $200 and up rifle so it's a good investment as well.

Cuz you sell your rifles so often...I better be in your will :-)
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Cuz you sell your rifles so often...I better be in your will :-)

Now that is funny comming from you!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Just Buy an Eotech for $250

You won't have to buy another optic again!

where can I find a Eotech for $250  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:25:22 PM EDT
[#37]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:08:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:19:57 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IM sent.

To me?

I sent Brian one as well, not sure what your price is WS, but the best I've seen on boards was $276 from CS gunworks

That's also inline what I've seen for a 512.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
IM sent.

To me?

I sent Brian one as well, not sure what your price is WS, but the best I've seen on boards was $276 from CS gunworks

That's also inline what I've seen for a 512.

I would like a 512 for 250 please..
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:09:42 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I take it then that you're not joining us for the First Annual Oregon Arfcom 10K run at Hagg Lake on May 6th?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:31:35 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I take it then that you're not joining us for the First Annual Oregon Arfcom 10K run at Hagg Lake on May 6th?

that will be a big negative
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
IM sent.

I'm not to secure with buying a scope from ebay
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:00:00 PM EDT
[#44]

Sounds like a personal problem.

Gunkata....tell me why you need anything more then a 502?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:54:46 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

You know that's a good question. Why do i need Optics at all. WTF am i thinking?

I'm going to practice Irons from now on. Won't have to deal with this crap, My AR is where it should be, Fully Functional. I don't need anymore items. IE.. rails and barrels flash hiders.. I'm gonna stick with what i got and i'm done..  

I'm not going to buy any more gun shit anymore. NO joke here my friends but I think some people just have too much money than they know what to do with.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:16:17 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

You know that's a good question. Why do i need Optics at all. WTF am i thinking?

I'm going to practice Irons from now on. Won't have to deal with this crap, My AR is where it should be, Fully Functional. I don't need anymore items. IE.. rails and barrels flash hiders.. I'm gonna stick with what i got and i'm done..  

I'm not going to buy any more gun shit anymore.

But WAIT!!   Dont give up.

Have you ever tried a GREEN LASER?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:19:44 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not going to buy any more gun shit anymore. NO joke here my friends but I think some people just have too much money than they know what to do with.

Bullshit.  You'll be back in the EE within a day...

Hey, wanna buy a couple guns?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:57:31 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Why do i need Optics at all.

You don't. You'll just miss more without them.

I used to shoot all the PRs with iron sights. I was actually pretty good with irons, but nowhere near as good as with a scope. If you can't see it clearly you can't always hit it. The medium range targets are not easy with irons.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Try shooting Irons at night.....have fun!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top