Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:04:42 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
In two days i get to go try my B-B-B-BUCK! MARRRRRRRK!.. i'm excited to shoot this thing and hope it doesn't break like all my other guns!..

Just don't use that cheap ass ammo you love (spend an extra $5 for 500 rounds).
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:24:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
In two days i get to go try my B-B-B-BUCK! MARRRRRRRK!.. i'm excited to shoot this thing and hope it doesn't break like all my other guns!..

Oh you saying the Remington pack is crap?.. come on.. it's the test of all 22 pistol/rifles. it's like testing with wolf
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:44:34 PM EDT
[#3]

No, Wolf is used for the underpower AR ammo test.  

Cheap .22LR has less quality control in the primer area so you get more rounds that fail to fire. They also use dirtier powder so there are fewer rounds between powder buildup related malfunctions. It's meant for cheaper plinking, not competition.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:47:12 PM EDT
[#4]
me personally i stick with the CCI blazer for my cheap ass 22lr.. its bout the same price as the rem bulk pack but deffently is alot better overall.. only downside to them is that it isent jacketd ammo.

Jess
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:19:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh you saying the Remington pack is crap?.. come on.. it's the test of all 22 pistol/rifles. it's like testing with wolf

Go buy some wolf rimfire ammo then.

The wolf target stuff is way better the nthe reminton....buy a longshot.

I have some other Russian taret ammo that is great but its getting impossible to find. Actually works VERY well in a suppressed buckmark. Just ask Tracker.
CH
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:23:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone have optics on their rimfires? I have a optima and pro point i use now and then. I am shooting irons but just wondering what class a rimfire with optics shoots in.

CH
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Cape,

I normally have a propoint on my MarkII, but I took it off when Mark threaded my barrel. I was going to put it back on until I found out that any scoped pistol shoots in the "Open" class for Speed Steel. This is one of the reasons it's not back on yet.

Nox
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:34:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Cape,

I normally have a propoint on my MarkII, but I took it off when Mark threaded my barrel. I was going to put it back on until I found out that any scoped pistol shoots in the "Open" class for Speed Steel. This is one of the reasons it's not back on yet.

Nox

Thats what I was wondering.
One more thing.... WHen you start a stage is your pistol on a table or holster or.... what i am getting at is do I need a holster?
CH
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:40:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
No revolver shooters?

Come on guys, where’s your sense of adventure?

Tell you what, you promise not to use yoru right thumb during a reload and I will shoot revolvers with you!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No revolver shooters?

Tell you what, you promise not to use yoru right thumb during a reload and I will shoot revolvers with you!

I promise.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:49:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No revolver shooters?

I promise.

You should see me try and open a revolver in the shop... its almost entertaining!
CH
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:11:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I will show up shooting my Beretta NEOS!

Prepare for jams. Let's put it this way. If you shoot the entire match without a single jam or double strike, I will pay your match fee.

i'd SOOO take that bet, if i could be there, with my neos, which is in a place at this time inaccessable

after i hit the 3k mark, with rem thunderbolts, the thing hums like a v8.

that, and i'd probably look rediculous since i haven't been to the range to practice since october
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:18:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cape,

Nox

One more thing.... WHen you start a stage is your pistol on a table or holster or.... what i am getting at is do I need a holster?
CH

Cape,

If you are IPSIC certified you can draw from a surrender/draw from holster, but everyone including the certifiable were starting from a muzzle pointed down safety on position.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:45:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cape,

Nox

CH

Cape,

If you are IPSIC certified you can draw from a surrender/draw from holster, but everyone including the certifiable were starting from a muzzle pointed down safety on position.

That poses a problem.
If I shoot right handed I cant reach the mag release or the safety without shifting my grip.
If I shoot Left handed I cant reach the safety but can operate the mag release with zero troubles.

Damm I may have to shoot limited and bring the Para.

Off to fiddle with my gear.
CH
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:47:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Why don't you shoot with two hands and flick the safety off with your other thumb?  

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Why don't you shoot with two hands and flick the safety off with your other thumb?  

I could if I shot the match right handed which I would like to avoid. Then the only way to drop the mag is to use my left thumb or reposition my shooting hand. Normally I shoot left handed and drop the mags with either my trigger finger or middle finger depending on which gun I am shooting.

CH
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I could if I shot the match right handed which I would like to avoid. Then the only way to drop the mag is to use my left thumb or reposition my shooting hand. Normally I shoot left handed and drop the mags with either my trigger finger or middle finger depending on which gun I am shooting.

CH

Buy a finger extension!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:58:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
home.schule.at/lehrer/3www/grafiken/finger.gif

That is wrong on so many levels!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:38:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Well, if start from the low ready like those newbie .22LR  clowns   super heros,  I think you can get away with the safety off.  Just pretend you're shooting a Glock.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Well, if start from the low ready like those newbie .22LR  clowns   super heros,  I think you can get away with the safety off.  Just pretend you're shooting a Glock.

Great, now Gunkata and anrax has super hero to ad to their resumes!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:18:22 PM EDT
[#22]
and costumes!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:32:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Yes I'm a SUPER HERO!.. Woohoo!...

YOu start from Low Ready and safety off is not i problem i don't think since it's a 45degree low ready and finger off trigger. Low Ready is only allowed for .22lr.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:02:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Thinking about dropping by for this, but can't decide on which gun...

.22 class:  Walther P22 w/ 5 inch bbl (that comp isn't really a comp so they won't treat it like one right?)

Glock 17L  It's still in the limited class even if it don't fit in the IDPA box, right?

I read the FAQ, but someone mentioned ten rnd mags.  Are they required?  I only have 4 mags for the walther, and 4 17rnd and 1 33rnd mags for the Glock...
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:58:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Guys,

If you don't have more than 2 or so mags you can sweet talk people to load for you while you shoot a mag. It is best to have 5 mags but not a "Have to". Most stages consist of 4-5 plates, not 15. You probably should be able to shoot all stages with one 10 round mag. If you have a higher cap mag, just load only 10 rounds.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:57:22 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Thinking about dropping by for this, but can't decide on which gun...

.22 class:  Walther P22 w/ 5 inch bbl (that comp isn't really a comp so they won't treat it like one right?)

Glock 17L  It's still in the limited class even if it don't fit in the IDPA box, right?

I read the FAQ, but someone mentioned ten rnd mags.  Are they required?  I only have 4 mags for the walther, and 4 17rnd and 1 33rnd mags for the Glock...

No I asked a boat load of questions to Nick (the guy who runs the show) and he said I can bring what I want for magazines, including 33 rounders. As he said that he opened up his tackle box and pulled out like 4 33 rounders for his Glock 17. So I would say NO WORRIES!.. Bring it..

But i think it will be fun to shoot .22LR and easier on the pocket book. ehhehe
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:39:15 PM EDT
[#27]
No Aim, i see you shoot a CZ. My dad just bought the CZ75 BD. We looked everywhere today for holsters and mag pouches for it for the IPSC class next week to no avail. My G19 was easy to buy for however. I got the Uncle Mike Kydex hip one from Sportsman Whse., with the mag pouch and belt. Any idea if they make to fit CZ? Couldn't find anything on their website. His mags flop around pretty good in the mag pouch to. Any suggestions on what to get or where to look would be great. If nothing else, maybe he could talk with you tomorrow at Speed Steel. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
No Aim, i see you shoot a CZ. My dad just bought the CZ75 BD. We looked everywhere today for holsters and mag pouches for it for the IPSC class next week to no avail. My G19 was easy to buy for however. I got the Uncle Mike Kydex hip one from Sportsman Whse., with the mag pouch and belt. Any idea if they make to fit CZ? Couldn't find anything on their website. His mags flop around pretty good in the mag pouch to. Any suggestions on what to get or where to look would be great. If nothing else, maybe he could talk with you tomorrow at Speed Steel. Thanks.

Honestly, no. My CZ is a .22, and thus per Speed Steel rules, .22's do not need a holster.

Sorry.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:08:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Ah ok, well thanks anyway.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:45:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:50:41 PM EDT
[#31]
I might be able to make it to this but I'll have to do some shuffeling with my schedule.

How hard will this be for someone who has never competed in anything before? I'm sure I'll be a little lost and could use some help.  If I can make it I'll be shooting my XD40 4inch and I do have 5 mags for it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:51:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Don't think I'll make it.  Gonna go to Memaloose with the g/f for a little shooting.  Trying to get her into it.  Also take some photos of the pits in preparation for the cleanup...

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:33:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Hmmmmm....maybe it isn't a good idea to let WS4LIF into your home....
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:39:06 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Hmmmmm....maybe it isn't a good idea to let WS4LIF into your home....

Especially if you left the 'puter logged on...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:05:20 AM EDT
[#37]
I ended up not going. I wasn't sleeping well, bad heartburn, and all around crappiness. Then I heard the ran hitting the windows. So I said, "screw it".
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:17:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I ended up not going. all around cramping.

I did not go either, but plan on hitting the pistol range today!  Need to purchase some more Buckmark mags.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:26:33 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Quoted:
I ended up not going. all around cramping.

I did not go either, but plan on hitting the pistol range today!  Need to purchase some more Buckmark mags.

Thank you for your sensitivity. Although it does appear to be an accurate description.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:37:06 PM EDT
[#40]
HMM... Where's Cape?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:42:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top