Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2006 6:40:52 PM EDT
I was going to buy a Bushmaster M4 clone but I think I might build one instead.  I have built an AK, rivits with a modified bolt cutter, and I am decent with tools so I think I should be ok.

What about headspacing on AR's?

Bushmaster is my quality benchmark, and money saved can go to mags and bullets.  Anyone have a shopping list or parts they will vouch for?

Thank you,

Rocky
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#1]
IM unka-boo, he and PIL just built up a couple of M4's.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Parts....did you say you needed parts???
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Oh boy, here comes the parts pimp.  

Good thing that's the only pimp he's got.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:19:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I was going to buy a Bushmaster M4 clone but I think I might build one instead.  I have built an AK, rivits with a modified bolt cutter, and I am decent with tools so I think I should be ok.

What about headspacing on AR's?

Bushmaster is my quality benchmark, and money saved can go to mags and bullets.  Anyone have a shopping list or parts they will vouch for?

Thank you,

Rocky

When it comes time to install the barrel, IM me or WS4LIF. Until them dont worry about the HS.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:35:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Damn........you shoulda been a used car salesman.

I did just order a kit from Del-Ton, very happy with the results. While I'm still waiting on my new lower ( played with it though, )...I did slap the new upper on my Bushy lower and took it to PR last Saturday. It worked awesome, no hitches at all.
 While assembling an upper isn't that difficult, you will need the propper tools. If you order a kit from most of the bigger supppliers, the upper will come assembled and test fired allready, food for thought.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#6]
i have parts for sale and can check the head space for you befor you buy them i have bolts, receivers and barrels and more mostly colt parts at less than bushmaster prices.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you all for the replies.  If you have new or almost new parts I am interested in hearing more.  I have been working too much to give this the attention I want to, but I would like to start soon.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top