Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 10:46:42 PM EDT
i have a make a trip to eugene its a lot gas and time on the road from the clackamas area so i'd like to make the best of it.

so is there any cool gun shops or good places to get deals on ammo i remember reading about a place here located in salem or  a up and coming gun show, places to shoot, fish or the worlds biggest ball of yarn ?

fun stuff for the wife or kids should i bring them .

figured i'd ask since i know a some of you guys live down there.

Thanks

Bill
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:26:54 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.outdoormarksman.com is in Salem.. probably some of the best prices and the best selection of ammo in the area...

thats all i know... you could allways go crackhead hunting.. but then the ramfacations of that little ventrue arent worth it...

Jess
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:46:32 AM EDT
[#2]
You could go to the Baron's Den and rent a Tommy Gun and shoot it in their indoor range
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:32:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Not many crackheads...Meth and pot are the drugs of choice in Eugene/Springfield.  Nothing you can't miss that I can think of in Eugene.  Baron's Den is a nice place to browse.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:41:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Yea Outdoor marksman in Salem is your best bet for ammo.

In Eugene, we have the Baron's Den and uh, Walmart, and....... well you could go on a meth-addict safari in Springfield.

Other than that there isn't a whole lot of firearm related stuff to do around here.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Being there are so many meth addicts here in eugene, we have a great selection of pawn shops
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:59:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Being there are so many meth addicts here in eugene, we have a great selection of pawn shops

BYSBS!
Buy-Your-Shit-Back-Shacks?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:33:00 PM EDT
[#7]
The damn things are like gas stations down here.. I'm suprisded the chevrons don't have pawn shops in them.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The damn things are like gas stations down here.. I'm suprisded the chevrons don't have pawn shops in them.

Ya they are everyone.  BTW, how's it goin Floyd?  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:43:27 PM EDT
[#9]
It's goin... better. heh Thats about it... How about yourself?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:21:23 PM EDT
[#10]
 Yes, that's it a Methhead safari. Is there a bag limit?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:53:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Well at least i can score a dime bag while im down there

so other than meth and hunting tweekers   not much to do .

any thing interresting? or shortcuts to the coast any lakes ?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:18:28 PM EDT
[#12]
You can get to Florence pretty quickly heading West. If you go just south of Eugene on I5, then take the uh, well I can't remember what turnoff it is, but head out to Dexter lake, there are some beautiful areas out there. That's only about 30 minutes outside of Eugene.

In Eugene, you can head up Skinner Butte. It's the hill you see in downtown eugene. You can drive all up to the top. If the weather is nice, it's a beautiful view of the city spread out below you. Spencer's Butte is the real big hill just South of Eugene. I haven't been up there, but I understand it's a short hike and the view is awesome.

If you are wanting a place to shoot, the Coburg hills on the West side of I5 have a lot of nice pits and clearnings. Let me know if you want a map to one of my favorites. Hell, if the timing is right, I might be able to join you up there.

:ninjaedit:
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:32:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Actually you have the buttes mixed up.  Skinners is downtown and had a parking lot up top.  Spencers is south of town and requires a ~2-3 mile hike to the top, but the views are excellent.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:40:06 PM EDT
[#14]
The pawn shops are pretty cool.  Great sights and smells.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:16:07 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Actually you have the buttes mixed up.  Skinners is downtown and had a parking lot up top.  Spencers is south of town and requires a ~2-3 mile hike to the top, but the views are excellent.

*slams fist on desk*

I even asked my roomate cause I wasn't sure if I had them right. Oh well, thanks for the correction.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:16:56 AM EDT
[#16]
I wouldn't try hiking now, there is a shitload of snow around.  

BTW we have an inch here right on the valley floor, and it's still comin down.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:11:33 PM EDT
[#17]
http://natural-history.uoregon.edu/Pages/hours_operation.html

http://www.thebaronsden.com/

http://yp.yahoo.com/yp/Eugene_OR/Retail_Shopping_Weapons/8120445.html

5$ per gun.....

Emerald Empire Gun Club
541-747-6666
Outdoor Pistol (50 Yrds), Indoor Pistol (50'),

36111 McGowan Creek Rd, Springfield, OR 97478
Public
Outdoor Rifle (100 & 200 Yrds), Pistol
Silhouette, Trap

http://www.planeteugene.com/

really there is nothing going on IN Eugene
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:56:52 AM EDT
[#18]
thanks for the info guys, yeh not really looking for anything to do in Eugene just along the way.

if i go solo i'll have to try out barons but i read on his web site they only rent guns to members it did not say if it applied to the tommy. can i shoot my own guns there as a non member?

i will probably for sure hit the ammo place if i bring the family shoot over to the coast and drive up 101

Thanks again
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top