Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/6/2006 8:25:30 AM EDT
I saw one at the shoot, dont remember who owned it. Had a couple questions about the bolt gun it was on.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:50:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Mr45auto:
I saw one at the shoot, dont remember who owned it. Had a couple questions about the bolt gun it was on.

"Warhound" has a Triple X surpressor. he brought it to the January PR match. Drop him an IM
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:54:21 AM EDT
Pat Murphey has one too.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:56:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/6/2006 5:59:22 PM EDT by warhound]
Ya, I have a Tripple X. But I dont have any bolt guns for it. What info are you lookin for?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:59:36 PM EDT
There was one at the shoot on a bolt gun, I was primarily interested if the gun was a 5.56 or larger caliber and who threaded it at how much of a cost. Also curious if there were any negative issues with the rifle like POI shift and such with the triple X.

There is a POI shift with my ARs but I'll have to put it on paper again to see just how much.

Also curious as to actual length of the suppressors. My Triple X is about a 1/2 inch shorter than Pat's and we're only 1 digit apart in serial number!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:33:14 AM EDT

There was one at the shoot on a bolt gun, I was primarily interested if the gun was a 5.56 or larger caliber and who threaded it at how much of a cost. Also curious if there were any negative issues with the rifle like POI shift and such with the triple X.

There is a POI shift with my ARs but I'll have to put it on paper again to see just how much.

Also curious as to actual length of the suppressors. My Triple X is about a 1/2 inch shorter than Pat's and we're only 1 digit apart in serial number!

Oh you might be thinking of the Black Boltgun with the CAN.. it' was an integrated barrel .44magnum. Belongs to "NOHAIR".
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:35:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Gunkata:

Oh you might be thinking of the Black Boltgun with the CAN.. it' was an integrated barrel .44magnum. Belongs to "NOHAIR".

Gunkata, you can-fu is weak.
The Ruger did not have a triple x can on it. You are right though it was nohairs, however it was on a savage bolt gun with a triple x 223 can. Its pretty quite but he doesnt reload so the ammo was supersonic. I plan on a bolt gun for my tac can and some nice quit handloads for it!!! So keep your eyes open for heavy .223 bullets. 80gr slug are a good starting point.
CH
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:17:21 PM EDT
The only time I've checked it was when i sighted it in, W/ can it shot 1" @ 100yrds. higher than W/O. However If you've seen me shoot ,well enough said.It's a Savage .223 20" Heavy ,with the accutrigger . Threading was done by Phoenix Armory .Any barrel I want done perfect will be done by him again. Eric
Top Top