Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/4/2006 10:49:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2006 9:49:26 PM EDT by BILLBO]
Ok you crazy Piute whats the fishing like ? i just went down to fishermans today and spent a kidney on combo licence
and steelhead tag.

the waters looking good anyone having any luck i would think fish are higher up by now

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:08:57 AM EDT
Went up by Eagle Creek last weekend and saw a couple fish caught, had one on but lost him in the snags. There are fish there, but you have to work for them. Might be better down by Carver.

I hit the Sandy yesterday and this a.m., water is looking alot better with the last few days of clear weather. Landed an 8lb hen at Dodge Park, and a 12lb buck at the Sand Hole. Hen fell to a jig/bobber combo. Buck to a cocktail shrimp and corky. So all in all was a good way to start the day.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:18:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2006 10:34:48 AM EDT by -RotorDemon-]
What ever happened to the "throw a stick of dynamite in the water" trick?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:43:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By -RotorDemon-:

It got replaced by the "float a Tannerite bottle down the river and shoot it" trick
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:00:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2006 4:02:06 PM EDT by -RotorDemon-]

Originally Posted By PhilipPeake:

It got replaced by the "float a Tannerite bottle down the river and shoot it" trick

OH REALLY?! Guess I am behind the times.. Quick someone strap a can of propane to it, so it cooks the fish as well.

Edit: Whoa.. Tannerite and Water. I am foreseeing something in the future... Is there a shooting spot on the east side of portland that has a pond?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:23:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PhilipPeake:

"Throw a Seal Bomb with waterproof fuses" trick.

Although I do like the floating Tannerite idea. Reminds me of John Wayne in Rooster Cogburn.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:06:26 AM EDT
It's sucked so bad for the past few months I gave up and have been boarding/skiing on Hood each weekend. I'll give my buddy Mr. Alsbury (NWWD) a call and find out what he has to say... next runs peak should be right about now if I remember.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:44:45 AM EDT
12 pound native (like you munkalido ) caught and released yesterday
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:53:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2006 9:54:18 PM EDT by BILLBO]
went there again today made about 5 cast then the wife said to get my ass back home but as i was leaving the
guy next to me locked on a bigin i ran over and netted it for him . thats 2 for 2 trips each trip less than a half hr

this one looked to be a 8-10 pounder hatchery.
Top Top