Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2006 8:26:41 AM EDT
You may have heard the song before -- first time I have seen it set to pictures (they even have Lootie in there!)

BattleofNewOrleans2005.wmv
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:22:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Lovely.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Well....that was interesting.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:47:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Should I feel bad that we were laughing at work?  

I will say they coulda done without the pic of the floater though...
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Should I feel bad that we were laughing at work?  

I will say they coulda done without the pic of the floater though...

Laughing at work - fine!

I wondered about that bit too, and the body in the wheelchair -- but then I went on to think -- just how much effort would it be to lay out the person in the wheelchair and cover her properly? Even sew her into sheet? -- Same for the bodies floating in the water, how much effort to pull them out and treat them with a bit of respect? Especially when you literally have nothing else to do?

I think those two photos were included to show how abysmally dependent on "someone else" doing all the dirty work these people were.

The saddest, for me, was the body in the wheelchair. Pushed into a corner and forgotten, because, well, its just a dead old person -- remember that every old person (even the dead ones, and even the annoying senile ones) is someone's baby/son/daughter/lover/husband/wife -- and unless we die young, we all end up that way.

If I die in my wheelchair and you guys just shove me into a corner, I promise to come back and haunt the lot of you
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:53:37 PM EDT
[#5]
That was priceless...
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:32:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey Phil if you die in your wheelchair can we light you on fire and push you down a large hill???
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds ok to me -- of course you will have to push me up there first.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:44:40 PM EDT
[#8]
LOOTIE!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top