Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 8:10:52 PM EDT
Well all, I went to the class and NoAim, Unka-Boob, and Anarx was in attendance.

Fred the instructor went over the safety rules for firearms, then went over the safety rules for shooting on the move observing the 180deg rules. Then he covered ISPC major and minor and the divisions of the classes. Then he covered the scoring and another safety pep talk before we went to the pit to try our hand and some ISPC action.

I was shooting a friends SIG P220 that had just been covered from SAO to SA/DA. As sort of a break in and testing phase. Lets just say I did move breaking that testing.

So the old rule about one is none and two is one came into play as the P220 broke a sping I believe in the hammer as it was locked in place. So I broke out old reliable, my Sig P226, and finished out the day with her.

Anyway I also broke out of the bottome third and place for a change. I actually was in first place, if you can believe that, I hardly can as well.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#1]
that was a blast i really enjoyed it.. i got 75/75 points at the match part to ilike9's 73/75.. but the glock i was barrowing *ahem* jamed on me on the last target..

it was a complete blast to do this class it comes at high recomendation from this end.. alot of fun and some good rameadal pistol work.

Jess
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:43:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I've also learned that in IPSC, accuracy counts.

While I ended up with 59 points, I also racked up 4 penalties in to three shots. IPSC scores -10 for each penalty. My result = 19 (versus 75 as perfect).

Now I also had the fastest time in the class, a full 10 seconds faster than Anarx. But a 30% increase in speed doesn't make up for a 75% decrease in points.

I am now the lowest scorer in the class!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:49:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Glocks don't jam  

In looking back, it was an awesome day! If 2 of my shots were two inches to the left of where they landed, I woulda smoked everyone.....oh well....
Will definately need to check out an IPSC match in the future!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:53:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Were you shooting any steel targets or was it all cardboard?  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:25:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Were you shooting any steel targets or was it all cardboard?  

All cardboard except for one popper.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:51:41 AM EDT
[#6]
SUre wish that class wasnt full

I have been considering doing speed steel and the tactical matches and giving PR a rest.

We will see.
CH
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#7]
"You can't miss fast enough to win."

I remember doing the IPSC class with Fred last year, and the final "safety course" stage shoot at the end. I still have the paper....

14 Alpha's + the steel for 75 points. took 20.66 seconds.

Long way to go before I make my goal of getting from Unclassified to "A" class USPSA.

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:19:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Fred also has a good sense of humor and fit right in with the AR15 crew. His side kick Ed is also a good. He also said on of the funnest things to me "Do you Like 9's." That pretty much crached up the group as an inside joke.

Cape as it turned out two people did not show up so if you would have come, you'd have been a shoe in. We missed ya.

Hope to see at more events if I can still the time away from my family.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:33:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have been considering doing speed steel

Just FYI, speed steel doesn't require going through the training course.  I hope to show up for it soon once my gun arrives (hopefully Tuesday).
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:59:39 AM EDT
[#10]
I need to get to one of those courses and give IPSC a try.

Speed Steel does not require the course, and is a bit simpler. More safety training never hurt anybody though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top