Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/9/2006 12:18:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/9/2006 12:19:36 AM EDT by Anarx]
Well Ladys and Gents i finally did it.. a rather nice Trigger job for my 10/22..

as i enjoy it *and am currently unemployed* i will offer to do anyones 10/22 trigger for the low low price of $20..

now as i dont have a pull gauge i havent been able to check this out completely as of yet.. but so far what i can tell is i have droped my trigger pull to probably that of a VQ hammer or so. at this point i am VERY happy with the results of my trigger job.. considering i damn near only use this rifle for plinking i dident want to go too far.. *IE Keep it around 2.5-3 lbs of pull*

What i did was Polish all of the moving parts. *quite time consuming aucually with the harden'd steel of some*
Stoned the hammer
Put in a Torsen Bar trigger return spring.
Drill and tap the trigger for an over travel set screw.
*will be but havent yet* Build up the sear/disconnector joint with JB weld to reduce creep
and do a Auto Bolt release..

now when i figure out what i'm doing for shims that will be done as well to tighten everything up.. i will also be working on some slightly oversized pins in the future for the same reason..

Just offering this for all of you who want a cheaper alternitive to buying VQ stuff.. i enjoy this and do it for fun..

Jess
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:14:52 AM EDT
Ahh the JB Weld trigger job. Havent done one of them in a long time.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:06:08 AM EDT
Now that is irony... I actually just ripped my 10/22's trigger assembly apart for cleaning and was thinking of polishing everything up myself! Would that $20 and possibly a six pack allow for tutoring? Wouldn't mind learning if what I do is correct for future reference with other firearms of mine...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:20:43 AM EDT
I use the Volquartsen target hammer and it kicks ass. Think I paid about $30-35 for it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:08:37 AM EDT
Yeah man no problem everything i do is open sorce information. the only reason i am asking some money is for the time involved in doing the work..

the VQ hammer is nice but this takes just a drop in hammer replace up to the next spot with sevral other things.. i'm offering this more as a cheaper option for some people..

Jess

shoot me a PM Ranoca and we'll set up a time to get togather and work on it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:26:02 AM EDT
Will it bump fire?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:45:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Conju:
Will it bump fire?

Then can.
With a CF barrel, a chopped stock and kidd trigger mine will but not 100%
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:47:17 PM EDT
ya know as stuped and as childesh as it might sound thats the whole reason i orginally got into the 10/22 action.. *not to mention that the stock trigger SUCKS* i am going to be picking up a spare hammer to work on so that if i go to far on the stoning it wont matter.. but the goal of that hammer will be to Bump Fire away..

once i get there *and OHH Yyyessss i will get there* i will be doing it all the time.. the only problem i can see is Yes i can get it to bump fire.. but then it wont be safe.. or it might only be with Mini Mags or Hyper Sonic ammo..

right now i just got back from shooting it.. the only problem at this point is i need to increase the size of the Trigger return spring as its not reseting 100% yet..

Jess
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:50:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Cape_hunter:

Originally Posted By Conju:
Will it bump fire?

Then can.
With a CF barrel, a chopped stock and kidd trigger mine will but not 100%

I've honestly never tried to bump mine. I have a MRI CF barrel, Hogue stock and a Power custom trigger kit. Maybe that will work. Maybe I'll heve to remove the scope. You know, a 10/22 will function with the stock completely removed (Just gotta make sure the pins stay in place)...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:56:46 PM EDT
thats why god made duck tape :-P well electrical tape would be easyer to remove the adheasive afterwords...

Jess
Top Top