Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry M, but I don't agree with you either.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:45:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is the sear in the HK FA trigger pack the same as the one shipped in the G3? No.  During the time when these were being converted the factory parts were difficult and expensive to get
It IS that simple.   It's not.  Too many variations

Where you are heading with your argument is valid but NOT what was being asked nor what I replied to. That a RDIAS is not more hokey than the mirad of conversions  for the HK (non factory mind you)
A: Thats it I am done.... I dont have time to type the same thing over and over....
 Where's the love?

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:55:09 PM EDT
[#3]
A HK sear wither or not made by HK or not is still a copy of an exact part of the gun.  Registered HK sears and registered reciever HK still use the same full auto sear.  Not a "add on" piece.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:47:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
A HK sear wither or not made by HK or not is still a copy of an exact part of the gun.  Registered HK sears and registered reciever HK still use the same full auto sear.  Not a "add on" piece.

Some, yes.  Most are not and are far from an exact copy of a factory part... in fact there are many designs, based (I guess) on the title II's whims.

We can agree to disagree.  I believe that a AR RDIAS is no less hokey than most of the HK conversions out there
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some, yes.  Most are not and are far from an exact copy of a factory part... in fact there are many designs, based (I guess) Why this will go nowhere on the title II's whims.

We can agree to disagree.  I believe  (believe and know .....two differnt things) that a AR RDIAS is no less hokey than most of the HK conversions out there

You really should stop while your ahead. The sear is the same dude.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:58:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:03:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
img435.imageshack.us/img435/4979/chill0el.jpg

Don't want to be a dick guys, but if this keeps it up it will go to the appropriate forum, the full auto section.

Your kidding right? This is the OREGON GD!!!!

Dont you have work to do? I thought I seen WS4LIF posting nudee pics in another thread. If you hurry you can catch him!

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:05:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:05:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't want to be a dick guys, but if this keeps it up it will go to the appropriate forum, the full auto section.

Your kidding right?

Dont you have work to do?

w3.gorge.net/jasong/pictures/peta.jpg

RULEZ IS RULEZ

And don't you have a goddamn phone call to make, shit

I dont know now
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:16:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#11]
My points about the HK sear were:
1. It used to make an unaltered gun full-auto
2. It is not a factory piece.
3. It does not mount in the trigger pack the same as the factory sear
4. In some cases, it requires the bolt to be changed-some came with std full-auto carriers, some didn't
It is a work-around to modifying the reciever of the gun to take factory full-auto parts, namely the trigger pack without doing a conversion on the host.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You really should stop while your ahead. The sear is the same dude.

You think every sear is the same, exactly the same.  A factory unit laying next to any title II mfg'd unit is indistinguishable from one another?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#13]
It's not a peice trying to TRICK the gun, like the lightning link or DIAS.  It's the factory SEAR with FACTORY AUTO BOLT!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:22:53 PM EDT
[#15]
You only beat the horse cuz you can't add anything constructive to the conversation.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#17]
......and hometown members are discussing a hometown topic.........

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#18]
...and in here it's civilized, among friends.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#19]

...and in here it's civilized, among friends.

Yea, so get lost MOD!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:34:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:37:07 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't see any outsiders in here?

Nope

Still about Full auto HK vs M16...    

Yup

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:43:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:44:46 PM EDT
[#23]
and neither does 99% of the shit posted here!

Who wants to talk about beavers and grass seed all day???
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:54:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#25]
M-dog......I know YOU could talk about Beaver and weed all day, but some of us have jobs!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:59:49 PM EDT
[#26]
6.5 posts per day vs. 2??
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
6.5 posts per day vs. 2??

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:35:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
A HK sear wither or not made by HK or not is still a copy of an exact part of the gun.
Registered HK sears and registered reciever HK still use the same full auto sear.  Not a "add on" piece.

Not in most cases.  Registered sears came in many different designs and configurations.  Most of them do not use the same pin position in the trigger pack as the factory MG packs.  the ONLY converted semi-auto HK guns that are the same as factory guns are the registered receiver guns that use the full-auto swing down lower.  Sear guns are NOT the same as factory full-auto guns.  

I've owned both (currently own several HK factory full auto guns (dealer samples)) and I can assure you that the HK Sear guns are not the same as factory guns.

On the flip side, a RDIAS puts the full auto sear in the exact same position as a factory full-auto M16.  The only difference is that it is held in the proper position by the rear lug of the upper receiver vs. a hole drilled in the lower receiver.

HK sear pins are generally not in the same position as the factory sear and this changes weapon's timing which in turn affects the cyclic rate.  There are also bolt carrier differences in the smai and full HK carriers.

In summary, an HK sear gun is not the same as a factory full-auto gun, just as an AR-15 with an RDIAS is not the same as an M16.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:07:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A HK sear wither or not made by HK or not is still a copy of an exact part of the gun.
Registered HK sears and registered reciever HK still use the same full auto sear.  Not a "add on" piece.

Not in most cases.  Registered sears came in many different designs and configurations.  Most of them do not use the same pin position in the trigger pack as the factory MG packs.  the ONLY converted semi-auto HK guns that are the same as factory guns are the registered receiver guns that use the full-auto swing down lower.  Sear guns are NOT the same as factory full-auto guns.  

I've owned both (currently own several HK factory full auto guns (dealer samples)) and I can assure you that the HK Sear guns are not the same as factory guns.

On the flip side, a RDIAS puts the full auto sear in the exact same position as a factory full-auto M16.  The only difference is that it is held in the proper position by the rear lug of the upper receiver vs. a hole drilled in the lower receiver.

HK sear pins are generally not in the same position as the factory sear and this changes weapon's timing which in turn affects the cyclic rate.  There are also bolt carrier differences in the smai and full HK carriers.

In summary, an HK sear gun is not the same as a factory full-auto gun, just as an AR-15 with an RDIAS is not the same as an M16.

I stand corrected. Can you tell me the difference between the the two sears? I only ask as I have seen them side by side and seen no difference. Is it just the pin location? Just wondering.

CH
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:18:05 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I stand corrected. Can you tell me the difference between the the two sears? I only ask as I have seen them side by side and seen no difference. Is it just the pin location? Just wondering.

CH

I'll have a nice heaping of crow for you next time I see you, BEEEOTCH!!!

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:37:06 PM EDT
[#32]
I still don't agree.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:40:31 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Can you tell me the difference between the the two sears? I only ask as I have seen them side by side and seen no difference. Is it just the pin location? Just wondering.

Pin location is one thing.  fjvollmer.com used to have a good visual comparison of the various sears, but the site is down now.

Ahh, just found another version of it:  HK Sear FAQ

As you can see, there are many different variations of the HK sear.  Different length trips, different number of pin "legs", different materials, etc.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:40:09 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I still don't agree.

understanding logic, reason, example and having the ability to admit you are wrong never were you strong suits
in this discussion
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:52:44 AM EDT
[#35]
That sear FAQ is very initeresting......
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:16:15 PM EDT
[#36]
So the basic design is exactly the same, with slight variations between mfgs.
Unlike RDIAS compared to the factory m16 sear, the HK sears are the same.

LIKE I SAID!
The HK sears found in todays guns are copies of the original HK DESIGN

THE RDIAS IS NOT!!!!

MY "stand corrected" is formaly with drawn!!

KMA!

Lets play "One of these things just doesnt belong here!!"
HK sears.....

M16 sear on the left 4 position sear on right

RDIAS (image courtesy of  quarterbore.com)

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:20:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Lets play "One of these things just doesnt belong here!!"

"I choose number 2! AH AH AHHHHHHHHH!"

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I know almost nothing of the HK

I can understand that logic BE-OTCH!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:25:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Unless you absolutely can't live without an MP5 THIS is why I'd go with an RDIAS now, even over a factory Colt RR. Buy soon, I doubt this is vaporware and is liable to impact RDIAS prices.
762x39
20GA
1 lower, 1 upper.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:31:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Find me a RDIAS then....or better yet a good deal on a Colt M16...ready to buy today.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:34:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Must be why the guy in the EE is looking to trade his RR for a RDIAS.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:34:49 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Find me a RDIAS then....or better yet a good deal on a Colt M16...ready to buy today.

Trying dammit!!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:12:53 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Must be why the guy in the EE is looking to trade his RR for a RDIAS.

Who said anything about trading. I need both!!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:27:37 AM EDT
[#44]
I just checked GA and there is a few RR, one being @ 10k (a Sendra).  There was also an SP-1 with a LL also for 10k.

Couldn't find any RDIAS

I liked the FN-FNC para for 7300.  But then again there is the FN sear for 3700.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I just checked GA and there is a few RR, one being @ 10k (a Sendra).  There was also an SP-1 with a LL also for 10k.

Couldn't find any RDIAS

I liked the FN-FNC para for 7300.  But then again there is the FN sear for 3700.

Couple weeks ago I saw an FNC on GunBroker for $2500.  No sear but thats a damn good price.  Don't think it sold, though.  Could probably get the sear added for another $4000.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top