Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 6:19:51 AM EDT
I know I'm a little late on this, but just now got access to the internet, and a big thing I've wanted to do since the shoot was to let everyone know how grateful I am that I didn't lose my stepvan over the side of that hill.  A big reason I'm into shooting is the cameraderie (spelling?) with fellow shooters;  Seems that anytime anyone needs help with something, others are there to help however they can.  That Saturday I was suddenly on the receiving end as I had misjudged the terrain and got myself into a situation that I wasn't going to be able to get out of.  However, even as I stood there frustrated and not knowing what to do, others were already realizing my plight and doing what they could to analyze the situation and help me out of it.

Now, understand that I take pride in being self-dependent.  If I get myself into a situation I see it as being my fault and try to get myself out of it.  However, I didn't see any way for me to get out of the mess I had gotten myself into, and that was irking me all the more.

Suddenly most everyone that was still there was around and trying to help.  BurntPocketHole's friend John had a towstrap and tried pulling me with his jeep.  When that didn't work, people came from everywhere with shovels and started to get the snow out from behind the wheels.  JAFO offered to attach his stronger truck with the tow strap and with everyone's efforts we were able to get my van back onto the road.

So many places I've been and people I've known where others would have just seen my predicament and thought, "Wow, sucks to be him." and just kept going.  But not with groups like this.  Not only was I helped out, but after the shooting was over, we all left as a group to make sure no one had any problems.  It is times like that when I am proud to be a shooter of guns.

We get frowned upon by society and the media.  We are told that guns serve no purpose anymore.  But there will always be those of us that think otherwise, that enjoy shooting as a hobby and appreciate the bonds that bring us together.  Even though we are all different, we share the common ground of firearms, and with that find what it means to watch out for each other.

Once again, thank you to everyone who helped me that day.  I just hope that if any of you are ever in need of help yourselves that I will be able to be there for you just as you were for me.

Daryl
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:04:04 AM EDT
[#1]
This is always good to hear.
That is somthing that I have noticed about this place. If your truely in need, sombody will help.

People can judge us based political stances, hobbies, cars we drive or the cloths we wear, but its our actions that speak clearly to me. The way I believe it should be.
CH
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:34:35 AM EDT
[#2]
In all my hobbies I've never meet more quality people and good friends.

And thanks again for sharing your firearms and ammo with me, sorry about the 1919 troubles.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:39:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm the lazy guy. I just happened to have a truck that weighed a bit more than the Jeep.

Not so long ago...  last year in fact at about this same time... I was at a WA Hometown shoot and got my truck over the side of a hill. The specifics aren't that important but the results were very similar. RS_Coyote and 1GUNRUNNER yanked me out with their trucks.

I have been to Bulletfest in Ohio, the Hun Farm in Texas, and several local shoots. The diversity is great but the common goodness can't be missed. The same thing would have happened at any of these places. People pool together to help out those who need help. (The libtards sure could learn something from us )
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#4]
That JAFO is a damn good guy.  You folks down south are lucky to have him!

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:50:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Looks like, today at least, he's yours again (he's changed back to WA)
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:13:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:33:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/wombatslayer/jafotowed.jpg

That was just cold.

Funny as hell but cold!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:36:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I work in Portland. I will not take up OR residence until I know my job is not temporary by federal standards.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:41:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/wombatslayer/jafotowed.jpg

That was just cold.

Funny as hell but cold!

It doesn't bother me any. That Liberty (can't quite call them the "J" word) was hooked up for a photo op. It had as much chance of pulling me out as I have of becoming as fashion minded as ws4lif.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:42:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I work in Portland. I will not take up OR residence until I know my job is not temporary by federal standards.

Stay out of Portland, that idiot Potter is doing his best to have a CITY income tax since the county one expired...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:49:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Ranoca,

No worries. If we couldn't get the briok out, we would have given it a fitting "death by firing squad".

Overall, most of the regular members here and at the shoots have been generous and willing to help. My fancy-smancy buffer for the new Bushmaster was causing it to short cycle. So what did I do...walked down the line and asked, "any have a carbine buffer I can borrow?" Cape digs in his tool box and hands me one.

If he hadn't been so generous, I would have missed blowing off $70 worth of ammo.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Suddenly most everyone that was still there was around and trying to help.  BurntPocketHole's friend John had a towstrap and tried pulling me with his jeep.  When that didn't work, people came from everywhere with shovels and started to get the snow out from behind the wheels.  JAFO offered to attach his stronger truck with the tow strap and with everyone's efforts we were able to get my van back onto the road.

Daryl

My buddy John is WAAAAaaayyyy better at those towing, 4wheelin, getting out of bad terrain. than I am, I woulda got you more stuck, you had some good help.

It took me a while to get over there, (dont want to admit this) I had a round  jammed in my AK and couldnt tell if it was live or not. I didnt want to leave the gun with my trigger happy girl or anyone else around.  

Turns out it was .223, thats why it woulnt extract, it fired and swelled.
I dont even own anything in .223. no idea how it  happened.  Anarx, maybe you can help explain this.  and WS4LIF, dont lose faith, you can still, STILL trust me to load mags
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:17:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It took me a while to get over there, (dont want to admit this) I had a round  jammed in my AK and couldnt tell if it was live or not. I didnt want to leave the gun with my trigger happy girl or anyone else around.  

I dont even own anything in .223. no idea how it  happened.  Anarx, maybe you can help explain this.  and WS4LIF, dont lose faith, you can still, STILL trust me to load mags

Thats twice with our group~!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:17:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Funny you should say that, I pulled out some guy about a mile down the hill who slid his mini truck in. It was fun and he was most apreciative.  Working in construction where 50% of people are out to screw you it is nice to be around people who are all out to help.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Funny you should say that, I pulled out some guy about a mile down the hill who slid his mini truck in. It was fun and he was most apreciative.  Working in construction where 50% of people are out to screw you it is nice to be around people who are all out to help.

Roger that!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:03:49 PM EDT
[#16]
great bunch to shoot with wish i got there sooner to get to put more faces with screen names . i finally made it to one ( you would think i would have made it to one sooner since i've been a member since 01)  i was late but wanted to check it out and took my honda civic insted of the chev 4x4 since i need to call in for insurance to drive it and it eats too much gas for 1 a man trip  until and i figured if it got too bad i would just turn around No fear no brains native so im not afraid of the snow in fact i love driving around in it but i made it up there no problems i was parked on the snow i knew i would have to wiggle out and when i went to leave i didnt even have to ask when i was rocking the car i was parked on the outer side but  a guy there saw what was happening and quickly ran over and pushed my car out that was cool Thanks for the push. look forward to the next one.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:17:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
great bunch to shoot with wish i got there sooner to get to put more faces with screen names . i finally made it to one ( you would think i would have made it to one sooner since i've been a member since 01)  i was late but wanted to check it out and took my honda civic insted of the chev 4x4 since i need to call in for insurance to drive it and it eats too much gas for 1 a man trip  until and i figured if it got too bad i would just turn around No fear no brains native so im not afraid of the snow in fact i love driving around in it but i made it up there no problems i was parked on the snow i knew i would have to wiggle out and when i went to leave i didnt even have to ask when i was rocking the car i was parked on the outer side but  a guy there saw what was happening and quickly ran over and pushed my car out that was cool Thanks for the push. look forward to the next one.

The period is your friend.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:18:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
<Snip>
It took me a while to get over there, (dont want to admit this) I had a round jammed in my AK and couldnt tell if it was live or not. I didnt want to leave the gun with my trigger happy girl or anyone else around.

I dont even own anything in .223. no idea how it happened. Anarx, maybe you can help explain this. and WS4LIF, dont lose faith, you can still, STILL trust me to load mags

Lmao that sounds famular... did it look something like this??

[img=img31.imageshack.us/img31/8277/im000178edited4jr.th.jpg]
*same thing happend to me at a PR shoot EXCATLY how you discribed*

Ranoca sorry but i ended up having to get out of there.. i've gptten that jetta stuck twice in the snow up there... *at least the second time it was only 100 feet from the pit and friends where there...*

I'm glade it worked out well for you..
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:51:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The period is your friend.

Smart ass

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:06:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:44:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Lmao that sounds famular... did it look something like this??

[img=img31.imageshack.us/img31/8277/im000178edited4jr.th.jpg]
*same thing happend to me at a PR shoot EXCATLY how you discribed*

WOAH!! THat looks deadly!
Only thing that happened was that the neck swelled a little bit.  It was some .223 wolf, yum.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top