Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/22/2006 1:44:40 PM EDT
I had a great time at the shoot!! Just one problem, Ranoca walks up and says"nice P22,Wanna put my suppressor on it?" He go's and gets his suppresssor and adaptor and we screw it on to my walther, and he walks away!! Leaves it on my pistol all day!!I spend all afternoon shooting it, looking at it, carring it(it fit in my holster perfect)........Now I have to have one of the damned things!!!!!!!
Help me out guys, which one should I get, and where should I get it????His was from a local manufacturer, and I'm haveing a hard time getting any reviews fore any thing but the gemtech or AAC...
Thanks Ranoca!!! You are truely a generous guy! Thanks for letting us play with all of your toys!!!
Fisty
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:59:50 PM EDT
It sounded wicked quiet to me. It was friggen sweet.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:08:13 PM EDT
IM me and I'll give you the guys info.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:12:45 PM EDT
I think I too will have to go the .22LR way. After shooting Trackers and Unka-Boo's .22's I just have to have one. Oh and I'll have to get a "Can" for it too... Will a can like that work on a .22 magnum rifle? I realize that the sonic "crack" will be there but are there pressure issues? Damn fun stuff!

Mark.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:12:51 PM EDT
Thank you for the kind words, Fisty, but I just enjoy having fun and sharing the fun with others around me. What good are toys unless you can play with them? And since I can't play with all of them every second, it's only fair that others get to play as well. Just my feelings on it.

One thing I was wondering about, and I forgot to ask you before we left, was where did you find your holster at? It's able to handle both the laser and the can? Thinking I need to find one as it would make it much easier to carry rather than having to take the can off and put it back on each time...

M-60: I'm not sure how many .22LR cans are able to handle the pressures of a .22 magnum, but without talking to any manufacturers I would recommend a .223 can instead. Able to handle from .22LR to .223 so it would easily be able to take the .22 magnum.

Oh, and BurntPocketHole, I found out when I got home that I accidentally have one of your silver magazines with the finger grip. I went there with one magazine with a finger grip, one without, and a black one without; suddenly I have two with finger grips and I'm thinking that while it's nice, you might want it back!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:38:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ranoca:
Thank you for the kind words, Fisty, but I just enjoy having fun and sharing the fun with others around me. What good are toys unless you can play with them? And since I can't play with all of them every second, it's only fair that others get to play as well. Just my feelings on it.

One thing I was wondering about, and I forgot to ask you before we left, was where did you find your holster at? It's able to handle both the laser and the can? Thinking I need to find one as it would make it much easier to carry rather than having to take the can off and put it back on each time...

M-60: I'm not sure how many .22LR cans are able to handle the pressures of a .22 magnum, but without talking to any manufacturers I would recommend a .223 can instead. Able to handle from .22LR to .223 so it would easily be able to take the .22 magnum.

Oh, and BurntPocketHole, I found out when I got home that I accidentally have one of your silver magazines with the finger grip. I went there with one magazine with a finger grip, one without, and a black one without; suddenly I have two with finger grips and I'm thinking that while it's nice, you might want it back!

A .223 can is nice, but can be very heavy, especially for pistol use.

What about an intermediate if you want it for a pistol. The Gemtech manufactured S-FN57 may be available through FN and is designed for the FN FiveSeven pistol. That should be adequate for .22Magnum.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:42:03 PM EDT
Screw it! I'm gonna get a Gem tech. (or something similar)...

Mark.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:58:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M-60:
Screw it! I'm gonna get a Gem tech. (or something similar)...

Mark.

Get an Outback II. You won't be dissappointed.

Also there is a guy in the EE NFA section selling cheap-o cans for less than $100. I think they have stamped baffles, so probably not as good as Gem-Tech. Then again, when you figure in the transfer fees and tax, you might as well get a good one.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:03:59 PM EDT
Don't forget guys, there IS our local hook up for the Freedom 22 cans. Damn near a copy of the Gemtechs.

$135-$150 or so, and since he's local, he does the transfer. Most of us have heard it and it is VERY quiet.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:22:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PromptCritical:

Get an Outback II. You won't be dissappointed.

+1 for Gemtech. My Outback II is VERY quiet.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:29:38 AM EDT
Who is the "local hookup"? Do they have a website, or storefront?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:03:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CubDriver:
Who is the "local hookup"? Do they have a website, or storefront?

Thanks,

First Freedom Firearms.

E-mail or IM WS4LIF. These were the ones we did for the group buy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:42:13 AM EDT
I posted video of these, but i can't go back far enough to retrieve the post.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:48:22 PM EDT
phoenix armory makes their own suppresors for you in Oregon City
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:11:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By christ0ph:
phoenix armory makes their own suppresors for you in Oregon City

Yup. We did a side by side comparison with the Phoenix Armory one and this one. Both were very quiet with the edge towards the Freedom can. That, and the Freedom 22 can be taken apart for cleaning.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:21:15 PM EDT
I 'like how the freedom can comes apart and is $300 CHEAPER!

Plus Shane from PA isn't that big a fan of AR's.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:56:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WS4LIF:
I 'like how the freedom can comes apart and is $300 CHEAPER!

Plus Shane from PA isn't that big a fan of AR's.

What you smoking Downs Boy!? Why is he an AR armorer and has 4-5 hanging on his store wall?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:00:19 PM EDT
He said we should be using M1's instead of AR's.........moved him down a few clicks in my book.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:04:13 PM EDT

He said we should be using M1's instead of AR's.........moved him down a few clicks in my book.

Well...true. I just think he doesn't like YOU.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:22:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NoAim:

Well...true. I just think he doesn't like YOU.

He's an East Side Boy!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:38:19 PM EDT
The holster I was using was a uncle mikes size 15...Works with the laser great!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:05:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2006 10:06:35 PM EDT by Noxspector]

Originally Posted By Fistybum:
The holster I was using was a uncle mikes size 15...Works with the laser great!

How dare you get back on topic! It takes a lot of work to get one of these side tracked. Dam!

Edit to say sorry. Too much MSG today.

Top Top