Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2006 8:01:35 PM EDT
Check this shit out!!!

Quoted:
THE NEW MGI MODULAR LOWER RECEIVER SYSTEM IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The new MGI Modular Lower Receiver system is the most exciting thing to happen to the AR15 family of weapons since the introduction of our MGI QCB upper receiver system 2 years ago. It provides the ability for the user to change mag wells quickly and easily on his gun, to accomodate the use of other existing hi-cap magazines that are native to the caliber selected, such as AK 47 mags for use with a 7.62x39 barrel and bolt(upper receiver mods required, or just use an MGI QCB upper).

Detail photo of left side of MGI Modular Receiver, showing serial number location and caliber marked "MULTI". Obviously, production is being done by CMT/STAG and only the first small amount of production will have the STAG rollmarks with the MGI rollmarks on the right side. The next run will not have any STAG markings on it, and will be rollmarked only with MGI logo, but the items will still be produced by CMT. This dual rollmarking is only on the first small number of units. If you don't want this dual-rollmark, then wait a couple of weeks for the next production units to arrive with the MGI-only rollmark.

The receiver is manufactured for us by CMT/STAG, at their highest quality control level. It is the very best that can be made by this highly esteemed AR manufacturer, and we are proud of it. This allows manufacturing numbers to be high, still maintain excellent quality control, and provide the large numbers of receivers that we expect to be purchased. This is beyond what a small job shop can handle. We selected CMT because of its reputation for excellence in providing the best parts in the AR15 market. No corners cut here. Later production models will only show the MGI rollmark, and not STAG.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:05:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:10:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Very COOL! Imagine all the other calibers and mags they could do.

<=   Edit to say  "Holy Crap I'm real now! Did know until this post"
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:13:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Mack W. Gwinn, Jr. (MG in the MGI) is one of the ex-Bushmaster guys.

I use their buffers and buffer springs. Good stuff. The buffer and spring combo in Nox's 9mm AR makes it recoil less than a .22LR.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:16:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I would love to see a magwell for 10/22 mags!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:17:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll buy one.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:19:01 PM EDT
[#6]
double post.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:28:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'll buy one.

Finally! You are starting to make sense.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's an awesome idea!  

But, while we are on that wave length, why don't they build one on an AR10 lower, then get us a magwell for 308,5.56,7.62x39,22lr,9mm,45acp,410 shotgun,6.8 (if it survives) etc........

Why wouldnt you be able to? The front pin is removed with the magwell change.
CH
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:17:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's an awesome idea!  

But, while we are on that wave length, why don't they build one on an AR10 lower, then get us a magwell for 308,5.56,7.62x39,22lr,9mm,45acp,410 shotgun,6.8 (if it survives) etc........

Why wouldnt you be able to? The front pin is removed with the magwell change.
CH

That is just what I was saying, build it on the AR10 lower so we get the space we need if we want a longer length cartridge instead of limiting ourselves to the length of an 5.56mag.  I'd love to have one that I could just swap a few parts and have a 308 or swap em back and have a 5.56.  I'm not sure about the bolt and such with the different cartridges, diameter and such.

The only thing that would need to change would be the magwell including front pivot pin relocated, buffer and spring. The rest would be in the upper assy, which you would have to have anyway!

Wooooo WHOOOO!! I will watch with great interest!

Hell why stop there! How about a 50 bmg magwell that takes Barret mags. You could design a complete upper around it!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:34:10 PM EDT
[#12]
What rhymes with Stag....

What rhymes with Deer...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:35:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
BAG

What rhymes with Deer...
BEER

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:14:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Hell yes! that and  maybie M82 mags

mmmm Semi Auto AR-50..

this deffently has my intrest.. i would be willing to build a AR-47 that way i can still use a mans round.

Jess
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:50:20 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
BAG
pacificcoast.net/~greg/CrownRoyalBag.jpg

What rhymes with Deer...
BEER
www.mondobirra.org/sfondi/Bluegirlbeer1.jpg

[homer] mmmmmmm.....beeeeer....aaggghhhh[/homer]

Nick
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:52:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

mmmm Semi Auto AR-50..

this deffently has my intrest.. i would be willing to build a AR-47 that way i can still use a mans round.

Jess

For what that would cost, you might as well buy a real M82A1.  Now, a bolt gun upper that takes M82 mags, thats a whole new story.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:57:56 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

mmmm Semi Auto AR-50..

Jess

For what that would cost, you might as well buy a real M82A1.  Now, a bolt gun upper that takes M82 mags, thats a whole new story.  

Thats what I said-a!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:23:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

mmmm Semi Auto AR-50..

Jess

you can be Dale "the Wall" Ernhardt and drive in to the wall in a NASCAAR and I'll be Andretti and pass you in an F1
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:41:27 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
you can be Dale "the Wall" Ernhardt and drive in to the wall in a NASCAAR and I'll be Andretti and pass you in an F1

It's NASCAR and Michael Andretti drives IRL, not F1. Jeff drives Toyota, Champ, and NASTRUCK. Marco competes in IRL and Mazda. John races NASCAR.

IRL also races donuts, while F1 and CART actually make right turns.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's NASCAR and Michael Andretti drives IRL, not F1. Jeff drives Toyota, Champ, and NASTRUCK. Marco competes in IRL and Mazda. John races NASCAR.

IRL also races donuts, while F1 and CART actually make right turns.

yeah the fast car. that one.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:52:09 PM EDT
[#22]
ohhh no you did not go there i'm more like Petter Solberg... hauling ass on roads you wouldent even dare drive on..

keep dreamin little man...

Jess
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:41:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Not sure how you post a link on here, but as for multi-caliber AR's check out this site:

http://www.cobb50.com/mcr.htm

They use the same principle, interchangeable uppers and magazine modules.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:48:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Not sure how you post a link on here, but as for multi-caliber AR's check out this site:

Yeah, but these use standard uppers (at least for 5.56 and 7.62, and probably .22LR)
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:55:33 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but these use standard uppers (at least for 5.56 and 7.62, and probably .22LR)

Bingo!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm thinking pistol calibers and easy to find cheap mags as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top